Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Let Me In!

"Why are we watching this?" I whined after thirty minutes of blank staring at the screen as Stephen crossed his legs across my coffee table.

"Because." He simply said without the intention of adding anything else.

"Because what?" I raised an eyebrow making him look at me.

"Because.." He looked for an answer. "You do remember this movie, don't you?"

"Yes, I do." I took the case and thumped it onto his head.

"Well, it's the only thing I remember from middle school, okay?"

And then I realized that it was the only thing we could remember from Spanish class.

It was the day we met. We were watching this movie in Spanish class. Then I fell asleep at the back of the classroom and Stephen woke me up a couple of minutes before the movie ended or else I would've gotten caught. He just tapped me and was all, "Hey, wake up. Missus Garcia's gonna send you to detention." So I just woke up and yawned my sleep away. Then after class was dismissed, he was so awkward and asked me, "Do you, uhmm, wanna go have lunch with us or something?" I hesitated to say yes but I did anyway.

"This is the only thing?"

"Hey, at least it's English this time. That little skank of a Missus Garcia wanted us to suffer through two periods of Spanish non-sense."

"That's why we were in that class, to learn Spanish, right?"

"Yeah, but she didn't have to let us sit through two boring hours of something she didn't teach us enough of! She gave us a pop quiz the next day, what the fuck was she thinking?!"

"She was thinking we actually understood what they were saying." I laughed stretching myself up and resting my head on his lap.

"She was thinking you weren't going to sleep though it." He kissed my cheek. "And now it's in English, we're enjoying each other's company. This is good enough for a first date, right?" He asked.

"I guess." I nodded tickling his thighs with my hair through his shorts.

"So just watch, okay?" He begged.

"Okay."

--

We've been mindlessly watching the film, there was about 30 minutes of it left.

I managed to stay awake regardless of how bored I was of the film. And so did Stephen.

His thumb was tracing circles on my shoulder which I didn't at all mind.

I was focused on the film. I was actually watching it. I got the story, but I was really bored.

And then a street scene came on.

"Aldonza!" A character named Aracely yelled.

"Jessica!" Sarah yelled. She pushed me off the street and lights started flashing. I looked back.

"Aldonza!" She cried as she took her bloody sister into her arms. She flailed for someone to help her sister who just got ran over by a car.

I darted off Stephen.

"Jess, what's wrong?"

"Sarah!"

"Oh my God," Tears started streaming down my face. I tried wiping them off but they kept coming. "Oh my God." I muttered again.

"Jess," He held onto my wrists. "Jess, calm down. What's wrong?"

I shook my head refusing to give him an answer. "Oh my God," I just kept on muttering.

"Jess,"

I got up and started running up to my room.

"Jess, wait!" He ran after me.

I opened my bedroom door and slammed it shut, then locked it before Stephen could get in my room with me.

I plumped down onto a corner and sobbed my heart out.

Shit, no. Sarah, get out of my head. Get out of my head! I tried to push all my thoughts aside and block the memories that were rushing their way back into my head. Shit Sarah, no! Get out of my head!

I was breaking down more and more and Stephen kept pounding at the door.

"Jess! Come on! Let me in!"

"Jess!" Sarah's voice rang in my head over and over again.

"Jess, what's wrong? Let me in!" Stephen yelled through the door again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhm. Okay. Yup.

Guesses? No? Okay lol whatever.

Thanks for reading! :------------)