Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Tonight.

"Yeah." Stephen's voice woke me up. "Okay, okay. Okay. I'll call you later."

I opened my eyes to see him at the foot of his bed. I crawled over to him and nipped at the back of his neck.

He looked back and smiled at me. "Did I wake you up?"

"Yes," I rested my chin on his shoulder. "Yes, you did."

"Sorry." He played with his phone in his hands. "I.. Uhm.. I just got of the phone with Brian."

I looked at him excitedly. Well, maybe not excitedly. Maybe anxiously.

It's been a week since Josh walked out angrily on us, and we still didn't have an explanation. Not that there was a need for one, they already knew and they didn't care. Well, saying they didn't care might be too much. They did. They cared. Too much, actually. Especially John. He's been trying to talk to Josh all week. But Josh would turn him down for the fact that he knew and he didn't tell them.

"Josh's still peeved." He admitted.

"Shit." I answered sadly. "I can't believe him."

"It's okay. He'll be fine." Stephen reassured me before pecking at my lips then getting up.

"How about John?" I asked. Not that I didn't know. I just haven't talked to him since last week. Everything was so fucking screwed, and it was definitely not the best idea to have stayed in their house all week, but I didn't want to leave Stephen. And neither did he want me to do so to him.

"He's been trying to talk to Josh." He sighed. "No luck, though."

"So.." I gulped pushing my hair back. "What did, uhh, Brian.. Uhh, say?" I choked out.

He tilted his head while intensely looking into my eyes, which made me feel like he was gonna regret what he was gonna say, but for some reason, he took the way I looked at him as a go signal for him to actually tell me what happened. "We decided to.. Uhmm.." He scratched his head. "We decided to get together and get him drunk."

I tilted my head the same way he did asking for an explanation.

"Okay, uhmm. We're gonna get him drunk," He started, as if he read my mind. "And then we're gonna try to talk to him."

"Isn't that dangerous? We both know the things he can do when he's drunk." I let out a light half-heartened laugh. "What if he kills you?"

"He won't do that if John's in there with us." He made a smug expression. "If there's one thing he'll never do, that's hurt John. And he won't hurt anyone, especially me, in front of John."

I nodded in agreement, realizing it seemed like a good plan.

He started his way to the door. "I'm just gonna tell John to tell Josh to meet us at the bar."

"What assurance do you have that he'll agree to just go to the bar?" I raised an eyebrow as I asked, making sure the tone of skepticism in my voice was evident.

"Because he's hurt and lonely and I know he misses John." He opened the door and walked out.

After that, I took a quick shower and changed, then went to the kitchen.

There I saw John on a chair at the kitchen table, tapping his fingers onto the table surface, while Stephen was looking at him hopefully.

"Okay." John said, and that one word lit up Stephen's face. "Thanks, bro!" He ran over to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Eww, Stephen!" John pushed himself off his chair, knocking his chair down, and pushing Stephen away. "Don't you ever do that again! I'm doing this for the band, okay? And because Josh's my friend. Not for you." He realized I was at the doorway and acknowledged my presence by saying "Nor for you," Knowing I heard everything he just said.

"I understand." Stephen said, trying to hold back his laughter from what he just did to his little brother.

"Good." He ran to the fridge and took out a carton of milk. He started chugging it down as expected.

"Leave some for me." I growled taking it from him because I was planning on having cereal.

He laughed as I shook the milk carton to realize that all its contents was gone already. "No." He simply smirked, then left.

It's how he always was in the morning when I was at their house through those years. But the past week, I waited till John was done with breakfast because I didn't wanna be in the table with him.

"When are we doing this?" I questioned happily, but nervously about whether or not the plan was gonna work.

"Tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
hola