Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

It Was That Bad?

"Oh?" Jawn cleared his throat on the other side of the phone conversation before answering. "He's fine. He hasn't hurt himself."

"That's good to know." I crossed my legs and turned onto my stomach, hitting my head with the pillows. "Is he okay?"

"He wanted to be alone the entire week." He sounded confused. "I don't know why tho, he won't tell me. It's something about you, of that, I'm sure."

"Of course it has something to do with me." I closed my eyes.

"Can I ask you what happened in the kitchen?"

"No!" I snapped immediately.

"It's what's upsetting him, Jess. I would really like to know. He is my best friend. I should know these things. I have the right to."

I sighed at the concern stressing out of his voice. "He told me he was willing to try it out."

"Try what out?"

"That's exactly what I said when he said that."

"So what did he mean?"

"He said we were friends the night before he walked out, remember that?"

"Yeah,"

"He meant it." I opened my eyes and stared at my ceiling. "He told me he wanted to be friends. He knew about me and Stephen. He knew I love Stephen, okay? Then he made me realize that Stephen can't be my boyfriend and my best friend at the same time." I said, mocking the exact tone of Kennedy's voice when he had said that almost a week ago.

"So he said he can be your best friend? That's lovely." He commented.

"Yeah,"

"But he's my best friend, that's not fair!" He joked.

I let out a little giggle. "Share, Jawno,"

"I am more than willing to share my best friend with you."

I couldn't see it, but the tone in his voice was enough to tell me that a smile was playing on his lips as he spoke.

"Have you gotten your stuff packed and ready to go for tour? We're loading buses tomorrow,"

"I just got home for Stephen and John's to pack," I sat up and looked around my room. "I just wanted to check up on Kennedy." I rolled off bed. "Has he gotten packed?"

"Me and Garrett packed his stuff for him. He wouldn't leave Jared's house."

"I hate seeing him so upset," I gulped. "Or hearing about him being so upset."

"Why haven't you tried calling him?" He asked.

"I tried. His phone always go to voicemail. I left a couple then gave up on trying to call him or texting him." I admitted.

"Hi Jawn," I heard a groggy voice that didn't give Jawn a chance to talk back. "Who're you talking to?"

"Jess," Jawn ratted me out.

"Oh," Kennedy's voice sounded again. "Okay,"

I could just imagine him trying to wipe his sleep away with the back of his hand while he ruffled through his hair too as he said that.

"Do you wanna talk to her?" Jawn said from out of nowhere.

"Sure,"

I pictured Jawn handing Kennedy his phone with that stupid crooked grin of his while he finally got Kennedy to talk.

"Hi best friend," He greeted quietly.

"Hey babe." I smiled to myself. His voice was nice that way. His voice in the morning was always nice. Not that I would've known, but whenever he wakes up, or just wakes up, he'll have his voice all husky. "How's my best friend?"

"Your best friend's okay," He sounded like he was lying.

"Oh, he is now?"

"Yup."

"What happened to my best friend? Why didn't he want to talk to his best friend about what was bothering him?"

"Because the thing that was bothering him was stupid and he got over it over the week, and everything's fine now." He coughed. "And how was mine?"

"She was worrying about her best friend so much, she couldn't even enjoy her time with her boyfriend." I honestly admitted.

"It was that bad?" Kennedy finally sounded awake. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, as long as you are." I bit my lip while waiting for him to talk again.

"You ready for tour?"

"Yup. You?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna get some other stuff ready for me. Garrett did a great job at packing my things," He finally gave up on holding the boring conversation.

"Well, I'm still gonna pack my stuff." I started, trying to get him to just get off the phone because I was a stupid person to have a conversation with.

"Oh, go ahead."

"I'll talk to you whenever," I said in a nice manner.

"You too."

"Bye?"

"Bye."

"I love you, Kennedy."

"I love you too," He sighed. "Best friend."

"Best friend," I repeated as he hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
:c next chapters are gonna take a while
i have so much on my mind right now