Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

You Care About Me?

I looked around at his band mates wondering why they weren't helping Kennedy.

A moment later, they burst out into laughter.

Then I realized Kennedy was still holding his microphone when he brought it up to his lips. "A hand for our drummer!"

I stood up and kicked the side of his stomach. "Fuck you, Kennedy!"

"What?" Kennedy's eyes flicked open and waited for me to reach my hand out to him to help him up.

I rolled my eyes, which were starting to tear up.

He decided to get up on his own and dusted his jeans off, laughing at his witty little prank.

I tried to calm myself down, but realizing I couldn't, I decided to just get off the stage. I shoved Pat's drumsticks into his hands and went off.

"Jess, wait!" Kennedy stopped his laughing finally and started chasing after me.

Jawn watched us. Knowing it was something serious, he decided to stall the crowd. "So how about that, Kennedy's a great singer! And Jess is a great drummer! Pat and I should just leave the band, huh?" He joked. "No, just kidding. But we should do that more often, that was really fun to watch! Who knew Kennedy could sing?!" He faked a shocked expression.

That was the last thing I saw him do before I was completely out of sight from everyone. I leaned against a wall and tried to calm myself down again.

"Jess? Jess," Kennedy's voice trailed towards me.

I started bending my knees down until I was on my ass on the dirty floor and my head started burying itself in my arms and knees.

"Jess," Kennedy's shoe steps came to my side.

"Fuck you, go away, Kennedy. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!" I growled, refusing to look up.

"Jess, Jess, I'm sorry. Jess," He tried to get my face up from my knees which I were hugging to my chest very tight.

"Go away, Kennedy!" I cried. "Fuck you! I can't believe you just did that! What did you have to do that for, Kennedy?! To prove I care about you? You fucking bastard, you should know that already! Fuck you! Go away! Leave me alone!"

"You care about me?"

"Yes, Kennedy! I care about you a fucking lot, okay? You're my best friend, aren't you? Or were you kidding when you said you wanted to be friends?! I'm supposed to care about you, right?! And what you did out there wasn't cool! Why would you do that to me? Your fucking best friend, Kennedy?! Fuck you!" I finally gathered up the strength to get up.

"Jess, I'm sorry! Jess, please," He pulled me back as I started walking away. He looked into my tear-filled eyes. "Sorry! Jess, please! I'm sorry."

"Get away from me." I scoffed then started running away.

After thinking he probably went back to the show, I groaned as I got to our bus. The bus door was open, thank God, and the air conditioner was seeping out. Perfect, I thought, knowing I could cool off.

"No, Brian! That's not the point!" Stephen's angry voice filled my ears.

I sighed, realizing this wasn't the best place to escape to, but I knew I had no choice.

"I didn't mean to hurt her, okay? And what's so wrong with calling her a princess?" Brian nagged.

"You called her a princess?! Brian, you weren't supposed to--"

"I know I wasn't supposed to, and I'm sorry if that hurt her, but it's true! It's fucking true, Stephen! She's a motherfucking princess, and you know it!"

"Why do you even think that?! She's--"

"See, you're defending her! And you won't even listen to my side of the story! She gets every Goddamn thing she wants, and everyone is always on her side! See, there you are, on her side. Again! It's always her, it's never me, and I'm just--"

"Guys,please.. Just.. Stop fighting.."
John's voice echoed.

His command was enough for them to stop for a while, enough time for me to crawl up the stairs into the bus.

"Stay out of this, John!" Stephen yelled at his brother, who had no choice but to cater to his brother's whim and be quiet.

I realized they weren't in the living room area and they were at the bunk area, where the door was creaked open a bit. I peeked to see what was happening.

"See, Stephen?! You're even hurting your brother! You fucktard, because of Jess?! Because you two finally got together?! Well, whoop dee doo, Stephen, fucking good for you! And the rest of us? Pieces of fucking trash! And you have the fucking nerve to call us your best friends when you're stepping all over us just to be with the girl of your fucking dreams! Is that what you call friendship?!" Brian angrily threw his words at Stephen.

Clearly, Stephen was hurt with what he was hearing from Brian, his so-called best friend next to John, who was then quietly scrolling through his phone in the attempts not to get caught in between the fight again, and Josh, who was staring at his feet.

Brian continued. "Jess loves you, and none of us can do anything about the fact that you two are together now! But look at Jess, she's not dropping us unlike you are, Stephen! She's a motherfucking princess, but at least she's staying our friend! What about you?!"

"Okay. Fine. I get it." Stephen finally spoke up.

John and Josh both looked at him.

Stephen heaved a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? That's it? That's all you're gonna say? I just.. I just poured my heart out there and that's all you're gonna say?" Brian quietly argued.

"Do you want me to say something I don't mean? Like, how I'm just gonna shrug this off like it never happened? Like, how I don't care about how you feel? Like, how I sometimes wish I had never even met you guys? Is that what you want me to say?" Stephen ran his fingers through his hair. "I said something I meant, Brian. I said I'm sorry, and I meant it. It's crazy. This is crazy, how we're fighting over something that doesn't even matter. I didn't know I was making you feel that way, and I'm sorry, and I'll try to fix it. And Jess.. Oh God, I just really love her, okay, and.. I'm.. I'm just sorry." He let out another sigh again. "I need some air." He rubbed his chest through his shirt. "Fuck this." He started walking away with turning his back towards the boys who have just witnessed him being calm and collected throughout the entire time Brian was screaming at him.

I darted off the door and threw myself onto the couch, thinking Stephen wouldn't know I was there and heard everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
how many of you saw that coming
how many of you didn't
comments?
lol omg getting comments just gmh ok
it feels good to have someone tell me i'm a good writer
*le sensitive self-esteem issues*
comments? c: