Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

What's The Bet?

"Ch--" I choked out. "Charlotte?"

"Yeah, she was that chick I met outside the bus on the way to the venue the last last show." Stephen quietly told me while he covered the microphone of his phone with his palm. "I'm sure you remember her."

I gulped. "Of course, I remember her."

Stephen nodded at me and decided to take his call. "So what's up?"

I tried to shrug the fact that my boyfriend was talking to the band whore of the century off, but I couldn't. I didn't wanna make a scene in the bus and grab the phone from Stephen and throw it out the fucking window. So I didn't do that.

Instead, I tried to stomp away to the bunk area as subtly as I could've.

"This could not be good."

I looked up from the person I had bumped into.

"What's wrong, doll?"

"Nothing."

"Really?" Jawn raised an eyebrow at me. "What's going on?"

"Charlotte. She got Stephen's number, I have no fucking idea how she got it and she's fucking talking to him right now,"

"What?!" Jawn exclaimed. "This can not be good. Good God, what the fuck is happening,"

"Okay, smartypants. What are we gonna do about this?" I asked after he calmed down.

"To Jared!" He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the other bunk area.

We saw Jared in his bunk staring at something on his laptop when Jawn greeted him. "Jared!"

"Jawn!" Jared faked an enthusiastic expression.

"Charlotte's talking to Stephen." I cut it straight. "The bitch is talking to Stephen!"

Jared kept his cool. "What are they talking about?"

"I don't know, am I supposed to know? She's probably flirting with him right now."

"Doubt that." Jared glanced at me, then went back to his laptop.

"Doubt that? Jared, this is Charlotte we're talking about!" Jawn impatiently hissed.

"Flirting's two-sided." Jared simply said with a shrug. "Stephen won't be the other side."

"Thank you for knocking some sense back into my head." Jawn said after the two of us kept silent for half a minute.

"Mine too." I laughed at how stupid Jawn and I probably looked in front of Jared.

Jared smiled sweetly as he shut his laptop. "I'll be outside." Then he left.

"You know, doll, I think Jared knowing helps." Jawn husked.

"I agree."

"That's one of the things I love about Jared." He smirked. "He's so chill. He's like.. An ice cube."

"Ice cube?" I jokingly pushed him away.

"It's true! Except he never melts!"

"That's a weird way to describe one of your best friends." I smirked.

"I'm gonna have to have him around all the time." Jawn laughed.

We went quiet for a second then Jawn spoke up. "I'm gonna get dressed, get out of here."

"Aw, you won't let me watch?" I joked.

"No," He patted my back and gently pushed me out of the area. "Get out."

"Alright, sheesh!" I laughed as I went off.

"Jess, come here." John grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the corner. "Who's Stephen talking to?"

"Some chick named Charlotte, why?" I pried his hand off my wrist and pushed him away.

"The chick we met the other day? Oh God, this can't be good." John rolled his eyes.

I squinted. He didn't know anything about Charlotte. He didn't know about her relationship with Kennedy and Jawn, and he certainly didn't know anything about how I felt about her.

"Jess, are you kidding me? She's a fucking slut, did you not see the way she was dressed when we met her?"

I looked down. "Uhm, no." I tried to play dumb.

"Dude, that's your boyfriend she's trying to snag!" John exclaimed.

"Snag?"

"It's a real word!" John's expression melted to a lighter one, one I thanked fate for because it scared me when he was angry.

"I'm sure she's just a crazy fan," I lied.

"She better not be planning anything funny on my brother, seriously."

"We'll watch over him, deal?" I held my hand out for him to shake.

He took it and shook it. "Deal."

"So guys,"

John and I looked at Stephen who just put his phone in his pocket.

"What's going on here?"

John and I made eye-contact before answering.

"Jess, here," John pulled away and pointed his thumb at me. "Jess wants me to dare all of you something."

"Yup, and.." I played along with his story.

John knew his brother hated it when he tried to find out what he does with random females. His words, not mine. Random females.

"I just bet him fifty bucks if everyone could do it, so yeah."

"Interesting, what's the bet?" Stephen smiled.

"I'm gonna say it at tomorrow's show." John smiled back at his brother.

"Oh, okay." Stephen ruffled John's hair with his fingers as he went off to the bunk area.

"What bet, though," I looked at John again.

"I'll think about it." He shrugged and went away.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE
I LOVE YOU ALL