Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Why Didn't She Stop You?

Our lips moved slowly in sync. That kiss wasn't at all forced upon either of us. It was the most sincere, but passionate, kiss we've ever shared.

Kisses.

Did it even matter?

I didn't even care.

We were running out of breath. That small peck turned into a make-out session. Out there, on the dirt road and grass, to the fucking sunrise.

We both finally realized what we were doing was wrong and pulled away at the exact same time.

He didn't make any eye contact with me. He chewed on his lip as he watched me quietly trace my fingers on mine.

The taste of his lips was still there.

"Doll, I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that, I don't know what.. Came over me.." He pulled away from me. "I'm sorry."

I looked at how hard he was contemplating on something I couldn't even understand.

"I--" Jawn got up and shook dirt off his jeans. "I'm.. Just.. Sorry. Fuck."

"Jawn--"

"Don't say anything." He turned his back on me. "Enjoy the sunrise." Then he walked off-- No, ran off. He ran off and left me confused of what just happened, what we just did.

I glanced up at the sunrise one more time then followed him to the bus.

"Baby, don't.. Don't move." Pat begged.

"It hurts," Garrett cried. "It fucking hurts,"

"Stop moving, please." Pat scratched his head.

"Jared!" Garrett screamed.

"It's almost done," Jared looked up from the bandage he was wrapping around Garrett's ankle. "Just fucking relax."

"How do I fucking relax when I feel like someone's hammering my foot to a fucking wall with a rusty old nail?!" Garrett sneered.

"Stop moving so he can finish it." Pat frowned.

"Fi--" Garrett made another pained expression. "Fine."

"Whose fault is it that you hurt yourself--"

"It was mine," Jawn spoke up from behind Jared where he had been watching and went unnoticed by me when I entered the area. "I threw it too far and told him to get it,"

Garrett was close to tears by then when Pat realized it.

"Don't cry." Pat mumbled to Garrett. "Don't fucking cry."

"Did you just curse?!" Jawn, Jared, Garrett and I all asked at the same time.

Pat clapped a hand over his mouth. "Did I?"

Garrett nodded. "Jesus Christ, Pat, where are your morals?!"

"I was just worried about you and I didn't wanna see you cry." Pat shook Garrett's hand off him. "Fine, cry, but I won't stick around to see it." He rolled his eyes and went off to the bunk area.

"Fuck." Garrett scoffed as Jared finally pinned the bandage packed and secured.

Jared patted Garrett's foot off and got up. "Go get some rest."

"No." Garrett stubbornly crossed his arms.

"Fine." Jared rolled his eyes and went off to follow Pat.

"Jared, wait." Jawn followed Jared.

I casually smiled at Garrett before stopping at the door Jawn closed to get privacy with Jared. Which didn't work for Jawn because I listened to everything.

"Jared, something's wrong." Jawn muttered under his breath.

"Garrett's fine," Jared said, thinking it was what Jawn was talking about.

"No, not that." Jawn shakily stopped whatever Jared was thinking about.

"What's up?" Jared quietly asked.

"Jared, I think.."

"You think..?"

"I think I'm.."

"You think you're what..?"

"Jared,"

"Get it out, John O'!" Jared enthusiastically wanted Jawn to finish.

"What if I'm falling for her?"

Thump.

"Oh God, Jared, what for Christ's sake did you do that for?!"

"Slapping you back to reality doesn't work anymore! Punching's better. And more fun."

"Jared, I was fucking serious."

"So was I. You can't do that, Jawn! She's your best friend's ex and she has a fucking boyfriend!"

"I kissed her."

"Two weeks ago."

"Two minutes ago." Jawn corrected.

"You what?!"

"I kissed her-- No, screw that, I fucking made out with her."

"Made out-- Made out?! Jawn!"

"I know."

"Made out?! Seriously? Made out? You and Jess?"

"Yeah."

"Tongue and all?!"

"Fuck yeah."

"Jawn!"

"I know it was wrong."

"Why didn't she stop you?"

Why didn't I stop him?

"I don't know! Okay?! Jared, I'm fucking scared!"

"Calm down!"

"You're the one freaking out!"

"Jawn, I want out of this," Jared whined.

"You're already in! You can't count yourself out, you cunt. Jare, I need to stop myself."

"And let me guess." Jared coughed. "You don't know how."

"I don't fucking know how." Jawn repetitively cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi