Adam's Secret

Introduction

I’ve always been fascinated by vampires. I have no idea why, maybe because of their appearance and their superhuman strength and speed. I used to read books and watch movies about them. I still do, but without my parents knowing. See, my parents don’t like me staying up so late watching horror movies, and then having nightmares. I do not have nightmares after watching horror movies in case you think that I’m sort of a baby. I am a very obedient child and always get straight A’s but I’m addicted to vampires like how people would be addicted to smoking or drugs.

I‘d spend hours thinking about them in class, wishing to become a creature of the night. One day, when my mum was in the kitchen, the thought of wanting to become a vampire filled my head. Instead of it staying in my head, it somehow came out of my mouth. She nearly fainted when she’d heard what I said. I was going to catch her but she pushed me away. When she got back to her senses, she stared at me for what I thought was about infinity. I stared back at her in silence without saying a word.

Finally, and thankfully, she stopped when my dad walked in, who was reading the newspaper. He stopped reading when he heard that the kitchen was too quiet. He asked us what had happened, and when I was about to tell him, my mum quickly told to him what I’d said. He turned to me when she’d finished and gave me a very disappointed look.

I was grounded for two months!!! Which included not going over to Adam’s house. They also hid my vampire books and movies somewhere where I wouldn’t find it. I heard them discussing if I should get them back or not. Oh, and I forgot to mention. My parents are very, very strict. There are a lot of restrictions and blah blah blah. The list just goes on and on. You probably would have figured that out. Oh and by the way, Adam is my best friend.

We’ve been best friends since we were in kindergarten. He’s a little weird and seems to like to keep to himself a lot. We usually hang out at night because he says that he’s busy in the mornings. I’m sure he’s keeping something from me. I don’t want to ask him and then make things awkward between us. Anyway, all you need to know now is that my name is Damon and this is my story.