Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Darkness

Buckbeak

“You don’t think that Grim thing’s got anything to do with Sirius Black?” Ron asked as we walked down to Hagrid’s hut.
“Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination’s a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that’s a fascinating subject.” Hermione spoke,
“Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking?” Ron asked,
“A fair few.” Hermione answered, Ron stopped as me and Harry passed.
“Hang on. That’s not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once.” Ron spoke as I stopped by Harry waiting for the other two to catch up,
“Don’t be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once? ‘Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future.” Hermione joked as we reached Hagrid.

“That’s it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don’t mine. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me.” Hagrid smiled as we followed him to the woods.

I walked besides Harry as I grabbed onto his shoulder to climb over the stonewall,
“Sorry,” I spoke,
“It’s ok,” Harry smiled I nodded with a small smile.

“Right, you lot. Less chatting. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49.” Hagrid spoke,
“Exactly how do we do that?” Draco snapped,
“Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me.” Hagrid rolled his eyes around his head like it was obvious.

My father accidently destroyed my first book… it shocked him to death when we opened it at home.

Ha, death, he’s already dead.

Great, I’m starting with corny jokes now…

I sighed and stopped by Hermione as she put her book down,
“I think they’re funny.” She spoke,
“Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my Father hears Dumbledore’s got this oaf teaching classes.” Draco snarled,
“Shut up, Malfoy.” Harry stepped forward, defending Hagrid.

Draco’s lot made a little childish chant as he stepped forward, with a smug look. He looked up to the sky with a fearful face and stepped backwards,
“Dementor! Dementor!” Draco pointed, everybody turned except for myself as the Slytherin lot pulled their hoods up and acted like ghosts. I walked over to Harry stuck my tongue out at them and pulled Harry away as they laughed.

“Just ignore him.” Hermione spoke as I glared at them.

A loud cough was heard and we all looked at Hagrid.

Hagrid put his arms up presenting a beautiful bird like creature. It’s head, front legs and had wings like a bird. The back end of its body looked like a horse as it stood proudly in front of us all.

“Isn’t he beautiful?” Hagrid asked I smiled as he thrown a ferret to it, “Say hello to Buckbeak.” Hagrid smiled.

“Hagrid, exactly what is that?” Ron asked,
“That, Ron is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know is they’re very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. I may just be the last thing you ever do. Now, who’d like to come and say hello?” Hagrid smiled and turned his back to us, I got pushed back with the others and Harry stood by himself unknowing that we all moved.

“Well done, Harry. Well done.” Hagrid looked back with a smile.

I guarantee at this point in his life, he probably wondered why we didn’t pull him back.

“Come on.” Hagrid smiled, Ron stepped forward and pushed Harry forward.

“Now you have to let him make the first move. It’s only polite. So step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not-- Well, we’ll get to that later.” Hagrid explained as Harry stepped closer, Harry stopped.

“Just make your bow. Nice and low.” Hagrid explained as Harry bowed down.

Buckbeak noticed Harry and flapped his wings harshly.

“Back off, Harry. Back off.” Hagrid spoke, Harry stepped backwards cracking a twig sharply, “Keep still. Keep still.” Hagrid spoke as Buckbeak calmed.

Buckbeak bowed moments later.

“Well done, Harry. Well done. Here, you big brute, you.” Hagrid thrown Buckbeak a ferret as Harry stood up again, “Right. I think you can go and pat him now. Go on. Don’t be shy.” Hagrid spoke.

Harry walked slowly towards Buckbeak.

“Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow.” Hagrid spoke as Harry reached his arm out.

“Not so fast, Harry. Slow down, Harry. That’s it… Nice and slow. Now let him come to you.” Hagrid spoke, Harry stopped moving.

Buckbeak stepped forward until Harry’s hand met the beautiful creatures head,
“Yes!” Hagrid smiled, “Well done! Well done, Harry, well done!” Hagrid clapped, I smiled as some other people applauded him.

“I think he may let you ride him now.” Hagrid walked over to Harry.

“What?” Harry looked shocked.

Hagrid picked Harry up.

“Come on.” Hagrid spoke.

“Hey! Hey, hey, hey!” Harry yelled as Hagrid put Harry onto Buckbeak.

“Put you over here, just behind the wing joint. Don’t pull out any of his feathers, because he won’t thank you for that.” Hagrid explained then smacked Buckbeak’s backside as he went charging off and flying into the sky.

I smiled as I heard Harry cheering in the distance.

“Can you hear Harry?” Hermione whispered, I nodded with a smile.

“He’s having fun,” I spoke, Hermione smiled as they flew back around and Buckbeak landed on the floor.

“Well done, Harry, and well done, Buckbeak.” Hagrid cheered, he pulled Harry off the beautiful bird as they had a private word.

“Oh, please!” Draco snapped and walked forward.

“You’re not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!” Draco snapped and stood in front of Buckbeak who reared violently and scratched Draco’s arm.

Draco fell to the floor in a whimper and started complaining.

Hagrid stood in front of Buckbeak protecting Draco.

There was one smell in the air I picked up as soon as Draco was hit.

The small smell of blood.

My eyes widened and my mouth ached.

From one simple scratch a tiny drop of blood woken up my darker side.

I looked away and thought about something other then the smell.

I covered my nose and closed my eyes as I muttered a small tune.

Flying high, flying high. Up in the beautiful sky. Running fast, running fast. Making sure I’m not last. Standing strong, standing strong. Protecting all night long.

“Mei,” Harry stood in front of me suddenly,
“What?” I asked in confusion,
“It’s calmed down now, Hagrid’s took Draco to the hospital,” he explained,
“Oh… sorry.” I hugged myself and looked at everybody, chatting amongst themselves.

“What was that you were muttering then?” Ron asked,
“It was a small rhyme… my mother spoke it too me… it distracts me from… human blood…” I explained,
“You did look a big rigid after Draco was hit,” Hermione spoke,
“Even the smallest drop could wake up my darker side… that’s why I have that rhyme… it puts me in a small trance,” I explained.