Status: DONE!

Who Could Deny These Butterflies?

Chapter 14 - Catherine's P.O.V

A few months later..

I don't know if it was just me, or if it was actually happening, but I felt the baby kicking and moving inside me all the time. The first time I thought it kicked I almost fainted. The past two weeks I haven't felt anything at all, nothing actually. My stomach ached and I haven't eaten properly for two weeks or so. Zack were really worried because I lived alone in my apartment, which was a bit far from him, but it was the only thing that I could afford right now.

The apartment was actually really nice and big. It had a huge bathroom with a bathtub, white tiles, a shower, toilet, a sink and a huge ass mirror on the wall. The kitchen was all new and white too with one of those fancy kitchen islands. The living-room was also huge with white walls, dark floor and a huge window with a view out over the town. You could sit in it too, which was pretty awesome. I loved to sit there when I couldn't sleep. I used to look down on all of the people that passed by and wondered what they thought about, they're problems and if they had a family waiting for them at home and stuff like that.

It got kinda lonely sometimes, but Zack used to be here most of the time. Jack, Alex and Rian used to be here often too. Heidi and Rebecca didn't like Jack and Alex too much after some shit they did to them, I'm not sure what it was, but frankly I didn't give a damn about them. Rebecca and Heidi USED to be my best friends until they found out that I was pregnant. Real friends my ass.. Well, the guys were better friends than anyone. Every time they came over they brought me a basket with strawberries.

I walked into the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea and found a book in the bookshelf. I sat down in the window with a blanket, a cup of tea and a book. Jane Austen, such a cliché. But the book was actually really good. I sent a textmessage to Zack to ask if he came over.
It took about five minutes before he answered. "Sure." Man, he's so cranky these days! I don't know whats up with him!

The doorbell rang and I ran towards the door. Well.. As fast as a pregnant woman could run. "Hi babe!" I said and wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him. He took his hands lightly on my hips, not to drag me closer, but to push me away. "What is up with you these days?" I asked him. I must admit, I was a bit angry at him for doing that.

"I need to tell you something, Kate.." He whispered while he looked down on his shoes. My heart raced. "O-okay.." I stuttered. This didn't sound good, not at all..

"Well.. I ran into Delilah the other day.. When the guys and I were out on that club, and then.. I got pretty wasted, and she was like all over me.. And then we like.. You know... We fucked.." I couldn't believe what he said to me. Tears ran down my cheeks as I sobbed into my hands. I couldn't believe it. That he had sex with someone else. While he was with me. While I was, and still am, carrying his child! "Get out.." I whispered to him. "Katie, babe.. I'm so sorry! I was just so drunk, and it didn't mean anything at all, and.. Shit.." He ran his fingers through his messy brown hair. I couldn't stop crying. "I thought you fucking loved me! Get out you fucking liar!" I scream at him and pointed my finger at the door. "I swear to God Zack, if you don't leave now, I will never, EVER talk to you again! Not even when our child is born!" I was so mad at him. I didn't even know what I said to him, but he ran out the door.

"Alex... Can you come over here? I need to talk to you asap." "Sure, babe."

It didn't take long before Alex came. I ran straight into his arms and cried. "Hey, hey.. What's wrong?" He asked and held my face in his hands. "I-it's Z-za-ack." I sobbed. "H-he f-fucked Delila-ah." I couldn't stop crying. He let my face when I told him. His fists clenched and I could see the anger rush through him. "I swear Kate, when I find him I will beat the living shit out of him!" He said through clenched teeth. "No, don't do it. Besides he's a lot stronger than you. I just need to talk to someone now. And I couldn't really think of anyone else but you.." I said and hugged him again. He kissed my forehead and lead me to the couch. "Fine.. But I will talk to him!" He said and shook his head. "I just can't believe that Zack did it. It would have made perfectly sense if it was me, but Zack?" I couldn't help but laugh a bit of his last sentence. "Alex.. I'm really concerned..-" He interrupted me before I was even done. "Nothing to be concerned of, he'll never do it again, I'm sure of that." He said and smiled. "Yeah.. But that is not what I am concerned about.. It's the baby. It haven't been moving for like two weeks now, and.. And I am so scared if something is wrong with it Alex!" I said and started crying again.

I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up the next morning I was in my bed. Outside the rain poured down and it was nothing that could show that it was summer. Except for the fact that there were no snow on the ground.

I walked into the kitchen finding Alex of all people, making breakfast. "Wow, Alex. Really?" I said and smirked. "Ey, don't be so shocked! I am an excellent cook! At least I am better than Jack." He said and grinned. "Anyways, what are we having?" I said and bit my lower lip. I didn't notice until now that he didn't have a shirt on. He'd trained since last time I saw him in his undies. I mentally slapped myself, I couldn't think something like that about him. Nope, I couldn't. "Uhm, cereal, toast and egg. That's all I found in here." He said and turned around and walked against me. "So, how did you sleep?" He said and dragged me into a tight hug. I sighed and told him that I slept alright. "Don't worry, it'll be okay." He said and kissed my lips.