Life After The Asteroid Hit Earth

1/1

I soon came round and became aware of my surroundings, it felt like I’d been asleep for an eternity; it looked like I’d been asleep for an eternity. My vision was vague at first but it materialised quickly, I was certainly in one hell of a predicament. Rubble was all around me; nearly everything I could see was on fire. The flames were like galloping horses, jumping from one abject to another, causing more destruction and chaos as it continued in its path. There was an influx of blood around myself, coming from my wounds. I had felt the searing kiss of hot lead pierce my vital organs. Now, you're probably thinking, it can't get any worse than this, right? Wrong.

The town I once called home was now a desolated place of nothingness. The renegades of the town had either fled somewhere else on this godforsaken planet or been slaughtered by collapsed buildings. I was isolated, there was nothing living around me, the bushes were still smouldering away, the smoke invaded my eyes and caused me to stumble. There was no point getting up, I was too weak, there was nothing more for me in this world. So I slowly pulled my knees to my chin and then there was silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just thought it was interesting to compare my writing style from when i was 11 to now, needless to say, i think i've improved a bit haha

comments are nice :D