Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Ik hou van jou

Madison:
Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater


"Frank what are you doing here?"

My attention was shifted from the book I was reading on my couch towards my brother and Frank standing outside my door.

"I'm here for your sister."

A small smiled crept up my lips from the words he had said. For me? I could tell Daniel was giving him a weird look by what I heard next.

"Oh wait no man, not in that way. I have a girlfriend, remember?" I dropped my smile and let out a small sigh.

"Then what are you doing here?"

"Your sister and I are married, and I came to pick up our kid." He smiled using his fingers as quotation marks when he said married.

"Right, okay...Madison!"

"Yeah?" I answered letting my face come into view from the side of the couch. Frank spotted me and walked towards me.

"I came to get the kid," he smiled.

"I thought I was keeping her for this weekend?

"Uhm Whitney wants too see her," he mumbled. "So I said I'd show her it. I'll take care of the thing."

thing?

Keeping a straight face on I got up from the couch and headed towards the stairs. I didn't think he would follow me. I thought he would stay put, and wait. I was wrong. I didn't notice he was right behind me until I shut the door in his face.

"What the hell?" He asked shocked.

I turned around looking alarmed and noticed he was holding his nose and looked in a bit of a pain. I felt guilt rush through my veins.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know you were behind me!"

I quickly walked towards him and took his hands within mine, away from this nose. There was fresh blood dripping from his left nostril. I rolled my eyes. "You'll live Mr. Tough guy. Now take our kid."

He wiped the blood away from his nose. "Where is it?"

I let out a small yawn walking towards my bed. "In the closet on the floor, somewhere hiding in the piles of my shoes."

He looked at me alarmed. "What? You're supposed to keep it somewhere safe! Treat it like it's a real baby! I thought you were good at this subject!" He grunted.

I let out a little laugh. "I was kidding. It's right there, next to my dresser. She's safe, sleeping, not wet, not crying, she's perfect."

I watched him walk over to the spot next to my dresser where I had placed the baby in a toy crib. It had a blanket over her to make it look more realistic. I felt my eyes and my body giving up on me as I slowly let it fall on top of my bed. School was wearing me out, but I thanked whoever I had to that it was Friday. I had spent three straight hours finishing up weekend homework and taking notes for necessary classes. I was almost missing Mrs. Costello, but I wanted so badly to experience more of public school.

"Uhm Madison, I think Linda needs to be changed."

His voice, and a slight fake baby cry brought back my attention to reality. After today and the whole naming incident I had decided to let Frank name her. He chose Linda because he told me he loved his mom and told me that when he had a real baby girl he would name her after his own mother. Frank only had one other class with me in school after the morning classes were over. It was biology, another subject he wasn't too fond of. He didn't speak to me much in school, only when he had to. If you're wondering about Lunch, the time for socializing, well I did the exact opposite. We were all supposed to go out for lunch and enjoy ourselves for forty five minutes with friends. What did I do?

I came home and had lunch at home all by myself.

"Then change her," I mumbled shifting my body towards my side.

"Are you seriously going to go to sleep right now? It's 5pm."

"I'm tired," I groaned getting annoyed by him. I heard him sigh and watched him as he took the baby and set it down at the foot of my bed. He looked around my room for the bag that had been given to us with all its supplies. He spotted it next to the cradle and brought it back to the bed. He swimmer for the diapers. The baby wouldn't stop crying until you cleaned it off with baby wipes and installed in new diapers.

He looked a bit freaked out as he took the baby wipes and pulled down the diapers.

"Seriously Maddy..please..help..I know this thing isn't real, can't you just change her?"

"Now what kind of father are you?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"I know I suck at it, I admit it, there, now please just change it yourself!"

I sat up slowly from the bed. He looked completely lost at what he was doing. Did he know I was even more lost then he was? "I can't."

His forehead scrunched up and he looked a bit angry. "What, why? Just do it!"

"I can't. I'm more lost than you. I've never even seen a real baby in my life. I don't understand how you expect me to change her when I know nothing about being a mother. I never will."

I felt his eyes fall on my face and I felt uncomfortable. I hated how he had to stare at me so hard and not lose contact. "You're so weird," he mumbled.

I was taken back by his statement. "Uhh...thank you." I smiled softly showing him I wasn't about to take his statement in a bad way.

"Thank you?"

"Yeah, thank you. And if you're gong to say I didn't mean it as a compliment, then just take the kid and leave. Don't try to insult me in front of my face, and in my house."

I was more than what people thought of me. The spark of standing up for myself burned in me sometimes. Most of the time it was around my mom, to try to get something out of her. This time I couldn't help but bring it out on Frank. Sometimes you bottle up things, but then they eventually just explode. I didn't mean to snap at him, but at this point I couldn't just take it back.

"You do come with a lot of surprises," he smiled softly.

I blinked a few times and I felt my voice soften. "I do," I agreed sighing.

He looked back down at our kid and took the baby wipes pulling the diaper completely off. I watched carefully as he cleaned the baby off and then threw the baby wipes away after he located my garbage. He tucked the bottom of the new diaper around the waist of the doll and pulled over the other side over the dolls private area and stuck together both sides. He let out a sigh of victory as a smile overcame his face.

"You're going to make a good father."

"My older sister has a baby. I've watched her do this a couple of times so I've had practice."

He threw the diaper away and the screaming of the doll seized slowly. "Well this was interesting while it lasted, but now I'm going to take our kid out to meet her aunt Whitney." He smiled as he faked tickled the baby.

"Both of you be back home early," I smiled sarcastically trying to sound like a mom.

"Oh of course Wifey, of course," Frank chuckled with a huge grin pasted on his face.

"Don't cheat on me with another guy while I'm gone!" He said, grabbing the bag of supplies.

"Why can't I? You're already cheating on me with another girl!"

He looked at me and laughed nervously, "Uhh see you around Madison. If I cheat it's because I have to!
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited as of March 22nd, 2014.