Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Tave Myliu

Madison:
wet pavement


"I'll see you in school Maddy!"

"Yeah, see you Madison" Bob added.

I waved both of them goodbyes walking out of the door. The sun had been long set and my shoulders shivered as a slim chilly wind picked up when my body came in contact with the outside. Frank gave me a little push on my back so I would move out of his way. His touch sent more shock waves throughout my body.

"Don't..don't do that" I said chattering my teeth.

"Do what?"

"T-touch me." I stuttered.

He looked at me weird. Like he said, I was one of the weirdest girl's he'd ever met. Everything I did or said was so awkward for him, it was getting on my nerves!

"Okay then, it was just a friendly push so you could kind of uhm..WALK! But sure hey, no touchy touchy."

I felt a smile tugging at the edges of my lips, but if I let myself smile, I let him win. I began walking my way home when I was grabbed by the wrist. I turned back to him and looked down at where his hand was snaked around mine. He laughed nervously and let go quickly.

"Sorry, I forgot. Uhm, you're going the wrong way Wifey."

"I think I know where I live, and my house is this way hubby." I mocked with the same tone of voice he said wifey with.

He raised an eyebrow. "Who said we were going back to your place?"

I must've looked like an idiot staring at the floor and looking like some kind of scared child. Frank liked abusing my stupidity. He began his walk the complete opposite way of my house and I was fighting with myself If I should follow behind or not. Quickly I walked up beside him.

"Where are we going then?"

He scratched his nose and stuffed his hands into his jean pockets. "Well tomorrow's Monday and I kept Linda this weekend, remember? So I thought you'd want her back, and switch off every three days."

"What are we divorced?" I laughed. "A family is supposed to stick together."

I looked up to meet his eyes and expected a smile or a little laugh. Our eyes met for a brief second but they weren't eyes of laughter. Instead, he looked down away quickly and shoved his hands down even further in his pocket. He looked a bit hurt and I was began slapping myself mentally. What did I do? I quickly took the smile off my face and felt uncomfortable as we continued our walk. I let my eyes scan the pavement beneath us. We continued the walk for a bit before he spoke.

"M-My parent's are divorced.."

My face quickly became hot from embarrassment and guilt struck me in seconds. He looked so serious. It was weird seeming him like this since most of the time he was cracking a joke or looking bored. I realized the 'mistake' in my joke earlier.

"Oh I-I'm sorry, I'm an idiot.."

He shrugged and started chewing on his lip ring. "Shouldn't you feel somewhat the same. I mean not to offend or anything but, Dan..he told me your dad walked out on your family."

I nodded. "It doesn't bother me much. It was a long time ago and I didn't even know the man. As for as I know, he doesn't really exist to me and I don't let it bother me so I'm fine. I know he left because my mom got pregnant with me, so you'd think I'd feel like crap or something like that, but I don't. He's not here, and I'm doing fine without him."

"Well, it's different for me. My mom and dad divorced when I was a baby. I know my father though, I love him a lot, and he's like my hero. He's a great guy. Sometimes, I just wish my mom had someone by her side, or my dad had someone by his side. I don't understand why they split up." He said looking down at me with his big hazel eyes. They scanned my own for a second before I noticed cones in front of us.

Quickly his emotions overturned and he had smile on his face. "Oh sweet! Wet pavement!"

I stood there watching him walking through the cones on the wet sidewalk. "What are you doing? Don't touch it! There's a reason for the cones!"

"Maddy, Maddy, Maddy, Maddy, you're such a goody too shoo's! Everyone knows that when there's wet pavement you're supposed to write something in it!"

I narrowed my eyes at him thinking he was a complete loon. I felt myself unknot inside, almost feeling comfortable around him. I watched as he looked around for something. Soon, he had a smirk across his face as he picked up a stick. "Watch oh little one" he smiled.

I walked over closer to him, past the cones and watched as he used the thin branch to write something in the wet pavement. He wrote the letters 'FAI WAS HERE' and then handed the stick to me, oh so creative!

"Your turn!"

I sighed letting him know he had won and took the stick from him. "I'm guessing FAI are your initials?"

"Well some one's smart!"

I rolled my eyes and slowly and carefully wrote my initials, 'MCD' and then wrote 'WAS HERE TOO =]'

"Nice smiley face."

"Thanks" I responded, throwing the stick back on the ground and stepping out of the cone area. He signaled with his head to keep on walking and I trailed a bit behind. I looked back at the sidewalk that now had Frank's initials on the wet pavement and mine. They were there, together, forever, our names.

"Wait, so what do I call her?"

"Linda. Don't worry my mom's cool, she won't like kill you or make you uncomfortable or anything. Just wait in the living room while I get baby Linda, okay?"

I nodded feeling my throat clog up. Frank knocked on the door twice before footsteps were heard on the other side and soon a woman came into view. "Hey mom" Frank said. She was shorter then Frank. Still thin, pale with short wavy dark brown hair.

"Hey sweetie, you're home" her eyes trailed off to the even smaller figure,me, behind him.

"Ohh, and who do we have here?" She asked stepping aside letting both Frank and I inside. She closed the door fully. I took a look inside his house quickly before Frankie spoke.

"Mom this is Madison, Madison this is my mom Linda. Mom, this is my wife, I told you about" he smiled.

She smiled nicely. "You guys are making me a grandmother way too soon! Do you want anything to drink dear?"

"That's okay, thank you. I'm just here to pick up..uhm..baby Linda and then I'm off.." I tried smiling but failed miserably.

"Alright, well I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything" she said, walking off.

"I'll be back soon Maddy" Frank said, heading off upstairs.

As both Iero's walked off I stayed put and looked around their house. I noticed pictures on the walls, pictures of a full family. That's when I noticed the makers of Frank Iero. He had his mother's pretty hazel angelic eyes. Thin lips like hers and his dad's nose. The smile was a combination of both, but the parent's had created one good looking teenage boy.

"Here's our kid."

I turned swiftly to the sound of his voice so it wouldn't be obvious I was looking at his family portrait. He handed the doll to me and looked up at were I had been staring at.

"That's back when they loved each other" he said in monotone.

"Love has a tendency to die." I said.

Like Me.

"Everything has a tendency to die."

"Memory doesn't" I mumbled.

"Yeah, that dies too." He argued.

"Only if you let it."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you in, Lithuanian