Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Kocham Cie

Madison:
Just lie


I guess the slight chattering of my teeth, the stuffing of my hands in my pocket, how quickly my nose made me look like Rudolph the red nose reindeer, and how I trembled a bit, made Frank realize I was freezing cold. "Please, can we talk somewhere inside! Not at that park. It's too cold to be at the park anyway. Can we just go somewhere inside?" I pleaded letting my cold breathe dance in front of me.

"Maddy, it's like 59 degree's out. It's not that cold. You're acting like it's 30 degree's out! How are you going to deal with this when it's like 20 degrees and snowing?"

"I like the snow. I just get cold easily, PLEASE! Take me somewhere inside or I'm heading back.."

"Fine!" He sighed in defeat. "But my sister Debbie's home from New York with my baby niece, okay?"

"Okay"

We continued our walk not talking or looking at each other. I kept my head down and let my hair cascade over my face keeping me even warmer. I remembered the last times we were walking down these blocks. I had to pick up Linda and we had imprinted our initials in the wet pavement, forever. The same initials Whitney flipped over about. It was also when I found out about the tearing apart of Frank's family. He mentioned his sister Debbie once before when he said he had taken care of his baby niece. I tried looking up at him from the corner of my eye, picturing Frank in ten years holding a baby in his arms with that lucky woman by his side. I'd be six feet down under, and there wouldn't be much left of my body.

Frank walked passed me towards his door pulling out his house key from his pocket. I was getting relieved we would be inside rather than out. This winter was going to be harsh, I could already tell. Other winters I would stay home all day. The house would be heated really well, and I'd still wear sweatshirts inside. Soon he had the door opening and I pushed (unintentionally) my way past him and got inside the house. I watched Frank smile a bit as he closed the door and I turned around to face the inside of his home. I felt my hands burn from the temperature change and my face beginning to warm up.

Frank dropped his keys on the small table in the middle of his living room. He signaled with his head for me to follow, but before I could get my legs to move two woman walked in from another room. One I recognized as Mrs. Iero, the other must've been his sister. She was slightly taller then her mother with light beautiful skin. She had stolen the same eyes from her father, as did Frank. Her lips were fuller then his too, and she walked with a certain grace. She was beautiful.

"Oh good, Frank you're here!" Debbie said sighing, walking over and hugging him. I guess that's when she noticed me over his shoulder.

"Oh Madison, nice to see you again!" Linda said approaching me for a small hug. "This is my daughter, Frank's sister, Debbie." She smiled introducing me to her.

"Nice to meet me" I smiled, nervously.

"Nice to meet you too.." She smiled, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Where are you guys going? Why is it good I'm here?"

"Mom and I have to go to The Spa, you know we're still woman. I couldn't contact any good babysitters around here. You can take care of Melody while we're out, right?"

Franks faced dropped and I wasn't the only one to notice. "Oh Frank, come on please! She never cries around you! Remember to wake her up at four thirty, and feed her.." Debbie said, putting on her coat as Linda made her way to the door. "And make sure you check her diapers every once in a while. Alright, have fun you two, bye!"

The door slammed and Frank and I were left staring at each other. He sighed and sat himself down on the nearest couch. I stayed up still observing the little details that made up the Iero household. "So..you wanna sit down?"

No.

My body had slowly warmed up to the temperature inside the house, making me more comfortable. I took a seat far away from Frank staring down at my hands. I felt him shift in his own spot. "So uhh..what happened? What happened at Clara's..I don't remember anything. My head gets fuzzy, and Whitney went a little crazy about it. All I remember is being soaking wet and watching you drop the cup and running out of the kitchen.." He asked, beginning to pull on the strings of his ripped jeans.

Before I got a chance to respond a slight cry caught my attention. Frankie grunted getting off the couch. Melody, the baby? I kept in place staring at anything in the house that would keep my attention until Frank walked back. Soon enough, light footsteps were heard in my directions and small little whispers rattled the lonely quiet house. "It's okay Melody, mommy
will be back soon baby." He spoke kind gentle words, afraid raspy, hard ones would hurt the fragile baby cradled around his arms. For security, he had one arm around the baby's leg and the other around her small torso and head, bouncing her to stop her from crying.

He walked over to me with the real baby in his arms and took a good look at the living child. It was nothing compared to our baby Linda. It seemed like the famous hazel greenish eyes ran through their family. She was bigger then our baby doll, and moved. I had never seen such a thing in my life and was immediately fascinated by it. I scooted down closer to Frank to the point where both our legs were touching as I stared down at Melody playing with her small hands. Blonde hair was sprouting out of her semi bald head, and you could see small teeth making their way through her gum.

"She's gorgeous." I smiled.

"Yeah, she gets her good looks from her drop dead gorgeous Uncle Frank."

I rolled my eyes at his cocky comment. "Or maybe from her beautiful mother, and maybe even her grandmother! I just might have to disagree on the uncle thing.."

Frank mocked a shocked and hurt expression and then burst out laughing lightly. "You're mean."

I shrugged scooting away from him. He took his large hands into the babies own and started making kissy noises. I felt like laughing and calling him weird for acting the way he was around the baby. Her big hazel eyes scanned around the room as Frank moved her back and forth in his arms. Her eyes were still a bit wet from the crying, but the redness was slightly decreasing.

"So where's her dad? Here in Jersey to?"

Frank moved his hand towards Melody's tiny stomach and began tickling her. The baby let out a small laugh and smiled up at both of us. "His names John. He couldn't come, too much work to leave behind."

A startling ring made me jump, the phone. Frank got up to get it with the baby, but turned back to me. "Here, take her! I can't talk with a baby in my arms.."

I was taken back by his statement. Did he seriously think I could carry her? "What?" Was all I got out before he handed me the baby and had her in my arms. I watched Frank walk off to answer the phone. I looked down at Melody in my arms. She looked tired. Her eyelids kept coming down and rising again whenever a big noise woke her up. There was something about having her in my arms that made my eyes sting. She was bloated with fresh new life. Ready to be scared, and to be smeared with life lessons. She was ready to take on the world, while I was ready to leave it, way too soon.

Melody took my finger and held it with her small hands. She was so small in this huge world, it be so easy to get lost. I felt something brush against my leg and panicked as I looked down. A dog? It wasn't that I was a bit afraid of them, it was that I wasn't much of a dog person. I held on to Melody as I put my feet up and hoped the dog would kindly leave. But when are my hopes enough? Instead of having the canine by my feet, it decided to jump up on the couch spot next to me. He/She revealed its tongue to me and began breathing heavy like all the dogs do. I stared at it holding Melody even closer. It looked like it could just attack me at that second. It barked and I let out a little scream getting off the couch. I stepped away slowly from it and heard footsteps approaching me from my back.

"What's wrong?"

"Your dog!"

Frank walked passed me and bent down to rub the dogs head. "His name's Ottis. How do you not like dogs? You're crazy! Look at that cute little face!" Frank said making a kissy face at his dog as he picked him up in his arms.

I glared down at the dog and rubbed Melodies back. "Oh..uhh.." Frank began scratching his head, the dog still in one hand. It was a dark brown color with a big snout and big black eyes. It was a bit on the chubby side with stick legs to. "Whitney called. She's going to be here soon..so..I know I sound like a jackass..but if you stay.."

"Whitney will rip your balls out and you won't be able to reproduce in the future, I know."

Frank almost smiled and let 'Ottis' down. "Take her, she seems to like you more then me." I walked over letting Melody fall into his arms. I felt his warm soft arms against my own, making me get a bit nervous.

He took Melody secure in his own arms as I made my way towards the door, pulling my jacket over my t shirt.

"Wait! You still have to answer my question, quick."

My fingers touched the cold doorknob thinking about my answer.

I felt him right behind me.

"I can't tell you.." I said opening the door and taking a step outside.

From the inside I could see him holding Melody close for warmth.

"Why not?"

I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets and tried ignoring the bitter cold.
"Because if I did you'd probably hate yourself, bye."
♠ ♠ ♠
i love you in, Polish! (second form of saying it)

hello everyoneeee, thanks again to the cuties that comment
im sorry i take forever to edit/update. college is busy busy busy, thank goodnesss its friday!