Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Te iu besc

Madison:
And now I'm stuck here with the ghost of what we used to be


Mornings.

As I slowly made my way out of my bed my whole body felt weak and tense. I felt like I needed a good massage before doing anything, but the thought was pushed back far into my fantasy world. I got up off the bed and headed to look in the mirror. The band aid over my eye had been teared off yesterday and I had replaced it with another hulk one knowing Frank would be pissed if I even thought about switching it to spider man. He was weird on the whole superhero thing.

Yes in fact Mom freaked out about the band aid on my face. She was surprised I took care of the cut so well. And yes in fact she was outraged when I hadn't called her about it. And yes in fact, I did lie when she asked me about what happened. Well, between you and me, I tripped and fell and somehow something scratched my face. She was still having trouble handling the whole independent thing when I had depended on her my whole life. More than a normal daughter actually would or should. I slowly peeled away the band aid out of the cut and noticed it was healing quiet well. It had been getting easier to actually open my right eyelid without it aching with pain all the time.

I did my normal routine of getting changed, putting on my makeup, and making sure I smelled good before heading downstairs to have my little breakfast. The last couple of mornings have been more peaceful then the ones I had been used to earlier. Mom would sit there eating and reading the newspaper while Dan gulped down his milk. In fifteen minutes or so Dan would be out to work at a Barnes and Nobles with Gerard and Mom would be off to work at Post office.

I, of course, was left alone sitting on my couch waiting for Drake to arrive. As a matter of fact, yes, he to,o freaked out about me not being in school and me not telling him earlier so he wouldn't get worried. I didn't lie to him though, he knows the truth. He freaked out about the truth as well and demanded he see me first thing in the morning so we could both walk together.

Frank's hug still lingered on e. I felt his arms around me when I slept in my bed. His touch haunting me at times. He cares, he cares, he cares! The best part about this was, he wasn't the only one. I had friends that cared what happened to me. I wouldn't be forgotten. I pulled on the strings of the couch waiting for Drake to knock on the door. Tick, tick, tick, the clock went. My own breathing became the only sound heard beside the ticking of the clock before knocks were finally heard coming from the other side of the door. I tossed my backpack over my left shoulder and opened the door.

"Maddy!"

And once again, I was in his arms.

He let me go and furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. "You never hug back!"

I noticed Mikey standing behind him. "Madison!" He yelled next. This time I was in someone else's arms. What's with these people and hugging? This time I caught on the whole hugging thing and hugged Mikey back. His skinny arms were wrapped around mine, and my own around his skinny torso.

"So you hug him and not me! I'm insulted!" Frankie smiled.

I shrugged. "Why are you guys here?"

"We're taking you to school of course!" Mikey said pulling out his car keys from his jean pocket and dangled them in front of his face. "Come on let's go!"

As both turned away from me I stayed put. You can't go with them Maddy. Drake's going to be here anytime now. You're going to walk, and you're going to freeze your ass off. When both took notice I wasn't following behind them they both turned around giving me questionable looks.

"What's wrong?"

I could feel the cold hit against my bare skin, turning my nose slightly red. "I can't go with you guys. Drake is going to be here soon. I-I'm w-walking with him." I chattered.

"How are you walking with him. You'll freeze after two minutes!"

I stuffed my hands into my pocket. They wanted me to just leave with them and leave Drake waiting out here by himself? "I can't just leave with you guys. He'll worry."

"Why do you care so much about it anyway? Leave a note on the door or something."

At Frank's words I felt myself get a bit furious. Why would I care? He's got to be joking! I took a step back from the door and wrapped my hand around the doorknob. "I care about it because he cared about me and was my friend before he knew I was dying." I spat slamming the door on both their faces. The anger quickly rushed out of me after I realized what I had done. I stood there staring at my brown wooden door waiting for Drake's knock. I heard voices on the other side, and two soft knocks followed a few moments later.

I don't know how long I waited.

I steadied my backpack on my shoulder once again. As I opened the door another small cool wind pinched against my skin. In front of me stood Drake, Frank and Mikey. "Uhh..Drake, let's get going.."

"You guys are going to freeze if you walk. Hop on with us.." Frank mumbled.

My eyes wondered to meet Drakes. A little smirk was growing on his face. He probably wouldn't of been smiling if he knew Frank wanted me to ditch him. "He has a point Maddy. You get cold easy, and so do I. Come on."

He wrapped his arms around my wrist and pulled me by his side as we walked over to Mikey's car. "Status on the whole Frank crush, tell me."

I nudged Drakes side playfully shivering as we settled in behind Mikey's car. We all strapped ourselves in and Mikey turned the heater on. Soon warm air was rising, pushing out the cold air. This didn't stop Drake from pulling me closer to him like he always did. "So?"

"I don't want to like him Drake. And I don't think you should like him much either, he wanted me to ditch you!" I whispered harshly.

"What?" He yelled a bit to loud.\

Mikey pressed on the breaks and we all flew out and hit the back of the seats hard. Frank and Mikey turned there heads quickly to us. "What's wrong?"

I felt my cheeks burn from embarrassment. "N-Nothing.." I answered calmly.

"So why did you yell really loud?" Frank asked as Mikey began to start the car again after letting out a sigh of frustration.

I could tell a tiny swirl of anger was forming inside of Drake. "It's none of your business.." I said giving him an attitude.

Frank's face turned from concerned, to confused, to a bit angry and taken back all at once as he turned around to face the front of the car. For the rest of the ride I buried my face into Drake's chest, not wanting to hear or pay attention to anything going on around me. The day felt like it was going to drag on and on.

Mikey's car pulled into the parking lot slowly. I pushed myself away from Drake as Mikey found a parking space. "See you second period Maddy cakes." Drake half smiled stepping outside of the car after the engine had stopped running. I followed Drake behind as we came out of the car, but he didn't wait for me. He walked off ahead of me quickly leaving me with Frank. I took a step away from him and stared up at the school.
This really is going to be a long day.

"Hey Wiffey.."I felt cold hands wrap around my wrist. His touch sent warmth up my cold skin.

I turned around to meet his face. His lips were slightly a fading shade of pink, and his lips were chapping. A small smirk played across his face.

"You're going the wrong way."
♠ ♠ ♠
i love you in, Romanian!