Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Au lomani iko

Madison:
His philosophy


The couch below me complimented every bump and curve my body created between the pressure I was putting against it. I felt the smooth covers of the small book I held in my hands, trying to concentrate really hard on the words scattered on the old, crunchy, pages; Lord Of The Flies, by William Golding. You know how some books just kind of have that old book oder? This one reeked of being old, and it smelled like..gym. I flipped through the pages, skimming through small words, trying to think about whether the book in my hands was worth reading, or not. I sighed making myself comfortable on my couch, before hearing light footsteps echo throughout the house.

"Madison, are you down there?"

I dropped the book on the couch, getting up slowly off of it, and shaking the laziness out of my body. For some reason Daniel hadn't gone to work today, and yeah I didn't attend school either. He has been upstairs since he finished his breakfast, which was two hours ago, and hasn't come down yet. I had been trying to ignore every little sound he had made upstairs, but it really made me damn curious.

"Yeah, I'm here" I yelled back, looking around the living room, trying to find something that would entertain me for the next few minutes until Frank got here, and hopefully Dan would be gone by then.
"By any chance, are you leaving anytime soon?" I yelled louder now, so he'd hear me as he rummaged upstairs.

I heard his light footsteps skip down the stairs. "Why? Trying to get rid of me already?" He asked smiling.

I stared him up and down in curiosity. "Why are you so dressed up?"

Dan smiled, fixing up his tie around his neck. "I've got no work this morning, and no college classes in the afternoon. I thought I'd spent time with Tiffany" He shrugged, now running his hand through his dark night sky hair.

"How does your brother look?" He smiled trying to buff himself up. "Sexy, or no?"

I laughed and hit him playfully in his arm. "You look great Daniel. Now, you don't want to make her wait do you! I think you should get going.." I smiled nervously, trying to rush him.

"Actually.." Dan began, undoing his tie. "The dinner isn't until tonight. I just wanted to get your approval to see if I looked good. I'm gonna head over to Mom though and buy her some lunch. I'll be back later, this house just bores me. I don't know how you do it."

I know how I do it. Easy, Frank keeps me company.

"Oh, you just find ways to entertain yourself.." I said trying to keep back an actual smile forming on my lips. "Have fun though."

Dan's eyebrows knitted together and he glared through thin eyelids. "I'll tell Mom you say hi" He smiled, walking over to the coat rack next to the door and grabbing his big black jacket.

"You still need to paint that door Daniel" I warned, "Mom's not gonna be happy if it's not done by the end of month!"

"Yeah well, she still needs to decorate this house! Christmas is a week away! That reminds me. What do you want this year?"

More time to live.

I swallowed hard, "I'm good."

Dan tilted his head, "sure" he said, zipping up his jacket. "See you later Maddy, bye" he finished, before the door was shut. An icy wind had managed to squeeze through the door and had managed to make me tremble in my spot.

I walked back to the couch, bringing the book back onto my lap. I stared down at my tight jeans, and felt the material pressing against my legs. My cast was coming off soon, and for that I was really excited. This cast kept me from doing anything exciting. It also lead to people asking me everyday why I didn't use my crutches!

Frank would be here soon to lead me on to my next adventure. I still really couldn't believe what had happened yesterday in this very same room. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I didn't like it that he kissed me, that he held me tight in his arms or that he liked me, because I did. I loved that feeling he gave me, I didn't want it to go away, ever. It just felt so good, to be liked by someone, someone who I had been admiring for a while now. It felt nice wanted to be wanted.

I let my hair fall over my face, curtaining up everything around me. It was always easier to think this way. I couldn't let Frank Iero be with me, it wouldn't be fair. He knew I was dying! And yet he still went off and told me he liked me? He still went of and kissed me? I think that's the part that really made me feel the best. It made me feel special that he knew I had ALS, but yet it didn't matter. He was still here, by my side. I mean, it wasn't like he said, Madison, be my girlfriend, or Madison, would you go out with me? But, it was obvious to me we had sort of sparked something yesterday. And as much as you may think I wanted to hear those words, I kind of didnt. As much as I wanted to hear it, something inside me told me I just couldn't.

Why me? It's something I really wanted to know.

Everyone probably imagines good looking guys to go for that perfect, flawless, girl. I wasn't even an inch close to that. I was short, I certainly did not have that perfect hour glass figure his ex girlfriend had! My hair was always a mess, and my face had the occasional pimples. There was also nothing special about the way I smiled, there was nothing special about how I did my hair, or my makeup, or anything really. I was just average. I didn't stand out in the crowd, I blended in. I mean don't get me wrong, I have accepted the way i look. I know that this is just who I am, and don't cry or whine about it, but why me?

It was certainly not how those Disney Fairy tales worked on TV. Or how any movie worked. The man was always tall, very handsome, almost flawless. And the girl, well she just had to be drop dead gorgeous and everyone fell for her. In reality, was it like that? NO!

His knock echoed through the quiet living room, and suddenly my mood shifted from questioning our relationship of whatever type it could be at this point, to just anxious and ready to see his pretty face. I quickly walked voer to the door, and swung it open.

"Maddy!" He yelled, attacking me with wide open arms. His long arms, and puffy jacket pressed against my body. His face was cold, and slightly red from the bitter temperature outside. This just felt amazing. I saw Frank's foot kick the door back shut before letting me go.

He had on a wide smile, and he bit his bottom lip. "How are you today Madison Darko?" He questioned.

"I'm great actually. How about you Frank Iero?" I asked back with the same cheesy smile on my lips.

"Glad to be here with you, and out of that school" He said, walking over and taking my hands. He stood in front of me, staring straight at my face. All of these little things made me uncomfortable, it mad me self conscious. What did he exactly think when he looked at me?

"H-hey Frank. I-I need to talk to you about something.." I mumbled, letting go of his hands and making my way to the couch. This couch is pretty famous to be honest.

I sat down and watched as he walked over slowly my way. He looked pretty nervous himself at this point. "What do you want to talk about?" He asked, his voice almost cracking. He didn't hesitate to put on the cutest face ever, or to take my hands into his own.

"Y-you do know my condition, right? You do know I'm sick. You know I have ALS. You-you know I'm going to die. You're aware of this, right?"

My words didn't seem to affect him at all. He just held on tighter to my hand, and nodded. "I know this" He responded nonchalantly.

It was my time to be confused. "Then why do you still tell me you like me? Why do you still kiss me? Why do you still hold my hand?"

Now he looked confused. "Am I not supposed to?" He asked tilting his head.

"I'm going do DIE-"

"Someone once told me.." He started, cutting me off, "that wasn't a good excuse to not like you. Hey, I'm going to die to, and you still hold my hand, you still kiss me, you still like me" he said, smiling softly. "Don't live life knowing you're going to die one day, live life knowing you're still here tomorrow."

Oh gosh this man was perfect.

"Is that all?" He asked standing up, pulling me up with him, "cause we're late!"

"Late to what?"

He smiled wide. "I want you to meet someone!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you in, Fijian!

Next installment :) Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback last time!
It really made me smile!
Thoughts? The comment box is right over there! --->