Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Te quiero

Madison:
the other


Sometimes I would like to be the girl who is allowed to screw up. Why does mom always put me on a higher pedestal regarding my behavior compared to Dan? Why is he allowed to act like a hormonal teenager, but I'm not? I'm only human, even though i'm not exactly a normal human being I'm prone to mistakes, too! And worse, i'm a teenager! Yet again, not exactly a normal teenager, but there are still parts of me that are. Mom never liked me screaming at her, or raising my voice. It just wasn't part of my character, or what she expected from me. I guess i was better then that, but sometimes I'm allowed to let it all go, right? A lot of things have changed from the Madison I was 8 years ago. I've grown up, angry, confused, upset, and all these negative feelings lead to these aggressive feelings sometimes. But, our fights only lasted a couple of hours. She would always come back and apologize or I would.

Dan on the other hand, well, you can say him and Mom argued all the time. It was a routine every morning and it didn't bother me anymore. He would yell and curse at her, but I, I had to be different. Which brings me to the last point, Dan was furious at Mom for signing me up for Public school, and he was pissed at me for asking her, and making her cry. Mom was always mad at Dan most of the time and she was mad at me, too for saying everything I had to her face. In simpler terms, the household was a an angry jungle.

I honestly don't understand why Dan would care if I attended Public School. It wasn't like I was going to see him! He's been a high school graduate for almost two years now!

"Mom..." I mumbled, as she stormed by past me towards the kitchen. "I'm..I'm going out for a walk. I've been resting all day. Uhh...I'll be back later."

Her hair and her heels swiftly turned my way, scratching the floor in the process with an eerie sound.

"Sure sweetie, do what you want" she said, narrowing her eyes at me and turning back to face the kitchen counter. There was clear sarcasm in her tone. I let out a sigh that almost hurt my chest and slowly made my way outside. This could be a whole new opportunity! It was only September 25th and summer still felt as if it was here. Sure these kids I'm going to be companions with have been going to school together for twelve years now, but that shouldn't intimidate me. They all already have there friends, there lunch tables, everything. How hard would it be to be the new girl?

To think about it, I wouldn't exactly be the new girl. I've lived here my whole life. Would anyone actually remember quiet Madison from fourth grade? I closed the door behind me and let my pale skin come in contact with the fire ball, otherwise known as the sun. It was setting down in the west, leaving behind trickles of warm bright colors as the night was ready to take over.

Through the whole walk i let my legs drag me to wherever they preferred as my focus stayed on the ground. It wasn't very interesting, but it gave me some sort of the feeling of freedom actually being outside. Too much wandering eventually led me to town. There were voices and the sounds of cars breaking the silence of the no longer quiet neighborhood. I looked around as I saw faces of kids, adults, and teenagers just like me walking around, going about their day.

My stomach gurgled signaling I was either nervous, or hungry. I reached into the back of my jean pockets searching for my thirty dollars. Always, bring some sort of cash with you, one of mom's famous rules. I looked around for any sign of a food type of place and my eyes landed on a place called The Diner. I walked up to the streetlights and waited until it flashed red, how long has it been since I've crossed one of these?

I made it safely to the other side, but it felt odd getting watched by people inside such car contraptions. I made my way into The Diner and observed. The door made a chiming sound when I pushed it open. It had random adults, few kids and a couple of teenagers through out the place, and it was pretty big. I made my way towards the closets table and slid my way inside the booth. The tables were awfully dirty and smelled of the food served previously. How exactly does this work? Do I go up and ask for food? That seems like the most logical thing. As I was about to make my way out of the table, an old tall man came up to my table.

"Here you go ma'am. I'll be back in five minutes to take your order," he said with a nice smile and walked off.

He had handed me a double sided paper that had been laminated. I looked at it and read. It had names of different types of foods and prices. Rings from the door kept distracting me as I tried to read the menu. I got a little nervous as I saw Mikey, the tall, lanky glasses wearing kid walk inside. He smiled at someone behind him and signaled with his head to motion inside. Seconds later the boy Frank walked inside and a girl came into view.

Her hair fell below her chest, that were rather large, if i do add. It made me self conscious about my own body. Her hair was straight and had black highlights. She had a perfect complimenting figure besides being a bit short. Her eyes were a deep brown chocolate and she had a lip ring. My eyes moved down towards her hands where they were firmly laced with Franks.

Those were the hands that also touched me...

"What will it be then Miss?" My eyes were focused up at the old tall man. "Ohh - uhm...I'll just have..pancakes. Three." I answered stupidly, it was around 6:30 pm and I was going to have pancakes.

"Anything to drink?"

"Yeah, uhm pink lemonade will be fine," I smiled politely. He scribbled down my order on a notepad and walked off.

I brought back interest into my nails and stared at them. Chewing on them is a nasty and terrible habit, but if it would keep me occupied then I should start.

"Madison?"

I looked up too see Mikey walking over to me. Behind him I watched as Frank looked away, where did the girl go? "Frank get over here, it's Madison!" Mikey yelled through the place, catching attention from other people. He quickly walked over and scooted himself on the other side of the booth.

"Wow, and I thought you never left the house! Way to prove me wrong," He giggled.

A small smile crept up my face,"I-I come with a lot of surprises."

He let out a small chuckle, "I can tell..." Frank walked over and sat beside Mikey and gave me a small awkward wave.

"Hi...," He mumbled.

"Hi," I mumbled back. Things were becoming more awkward than they already were since the day Frank and I had argued in my room.

"So..are you seriously starting public school tomorrow?" Mikey asked.

"Seriously," I nodded.

He smiled. "What grade are you in?"

"I'm a Junior," I answered scrunching up my nose. "I'm young, I know."

"Pansy here beside me is a Junior too! I'm a Senior. We'll be your bodyguards no worries." Mikey assured.

I smiled slightly at his remark. "Question."

"Shoot." Mikey said.

"Do I look like I'm eleven to you?"

Mikey scrunched up his forehead and slightly smiled answering "No, why? What Idiot thought you were eleven?"

I looked quickly over at Frank who had turned a shade of pink and was looking away.

"I was just curious" I smiled widely, "care to join me eat?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited it as of March 21st, 2014