Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Kimi O Ai Shiteru

Madison:
Family Support


At The Diner Mikey had decided to stay and eat with me. I didn't give him any insight to my vegetarianism, so when he ordered his large hamburger and watched him chow down on the meat like some carnivore i got a little queasy. I was afraid he'd think I was one of those crazy PETA people I had learned about through Mrs. Costello, that go to radical extreme to prove their points. I was always taught to just respect what everyone else believes, even if it goes against your own. I was a vegetarian because I couldn't eat another living thing just for my satisfaction. I didn't even kill bugs! Every moth and spider that was ever in my house, or in my room was caught by my bare hands and set free. I gave it another chance to live, no matter how short the time span would be, it definitely would not die because of me. I guess life to me had all the same worth, regardless of species.

Frank on the other hand had left immediately after I had offered the three of them to join me. He muttered something under his breathe all grumpy, and left with Whitney in a flash. His girlfriend seemed delightful. As strange as it is for me to stay it, they both seemed like they really clicked. He was hers, and she was his, dancing together in the rhythm of teenage love. Mikey was pretty geeky, the exact personality to fit his image. He liked comic books, horror flicks, music of all variety of genres-even rap! And he was extremely down to earth and nice to the bone.

That afternoon I had answered one of my very own questions. Frank indeed was something different. To me at least. I had spent my whole afternoon with another person of the opposite sex, someone I can even call a friend, i'm on good terms with and actually like. But Frank's face was still imprinted in my mind.

Public School was something different. I had to wake up at six thirty in the morning to get ready and be in school by seven forty five. The main problem I'd have to face would be surviving the whole day without my muscles or anything in me getting tired. I put on my jean shorts that revealed my pale legs and slipped on my white sneakers. For the first time I felt like I needed to care about my looks, like I needed to impress someone. It took me twenty minutes to put on a tank top and slip a hoodie over my bare boney shoulders, and to apply on mascara and eyeliner to look like a decent teenager. To feel like a decent teenager.

I made my way downstairs after that to find Dan and Mom arguing like always, only this time I was the subject. And they weren't saying how good of a person I was either. I ignored their voices and grabbed a red bull from the fridge, and grabbed the coco puffs cereal box.

"She can't go to school mom, don't fall for her teenage tricks! Things won't workout!" Teenage tricks? I was barely even a teenager.

"Dan..." Mother said with a warning tone. "I don't want this either, she was fine home schooled..."

"Then why is she going! I don't want to drive her to school everyday in the morning. I have a life and she's not fucking it!"

I put down the Red Bull I was drinking and stood up for myself. "You guys do know I'm right here, don't you? It's okay Dan I can walk."

I left the table walking out into the small living room and threw my backpack over my shoulder. I had spent all night yesterday organizing all my books, excited and looking forward to today. Too bad I had no one supporting the idea of public school, except Mikey.

The school wasn't exactly very far away, but the last thing I expected was a ride from him.


Frank:

fear


"You..uhh...you want a ride?"

She stared at me, her big gray eyes almost bulging out of her skull. Either she was shocked or afraid of my offer. "Listen, seriously get in, we're going to be late for school if you don't get in now. I saw you walking and I just can't let you walk now knowing I'm here. Just...get in, please."

Did I really just say please?

Slowly she opened the door to my crappy car and made her way inside. She pulled off her backpack and placed it on the car floor. Everything she did was so graceful and flawless; it was kind of strange watching her do all this. Slowly she pulled the seatbelt over her small body and buckled herself down. Without a sound from either of us, I started the car again and steered it away from the curb.

She turned her attention to anything passing by her car window. My grip around the wheel tightened and I couldn't help but want to apologize for the incident in her room. Have you ever met someone in your life who always just seems depressed? Or even just sad? She didn't look depressed, but she didn't look happy either. She didn't portray much emotion in her face. She seemed more like a walking robot. I couldn't help myself when I wanted to act stupid around her just to see her crack a smile. I couldn't help myself when I wanted to see her feel something, anything.

"Maddy-Madison, listen, I'm sorry about..you know..calling you an eleven year old. I just found it weird that you never liked anyone before, and I acted like an idiot, can we start over?"

She turned her head over at me looking a bit terrified.

"Uhm, sure okay," she mumbled softly.

"You should definitely be nervous, I bite." I smiled softly.

I watched her pupils enlarge and she frowned looking nervous. I couldn't help myself when I laughed. "I was kidding Maddy."

She didn't bother to laugh or anything, she still looked slightly confused, and scared.

"You know you really are like a little kid."

She shrugged at me nodding.

"I'm scared."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Of what?"

"Teenagers."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited as of March 21st, 2014.