Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Achamin

Madison:
Remember when..


The knife fell perfectly into my palm, creating pressure as I tried to slice through the naked potatoes free from their thick covering. Mom beside me was getting rid of her apron, slipping her head out of the top loop. Sweat droplets had formed on the edges of her forehead, and her curly, bouncy hair was up in a lazy ponytail. "Okay Madison, you think you can take it from here? I need to rest. You just need to finish those potatoes, and leave them cooking. The rest is already done." She sighs over dramatically, bending over to show off she's tired. "I'm just going to rest, okay sweetie?"

I mumble a low okay, and hear her soft footsteps press against our rug, letting creaks breakout throughout the house. The heat in the kitchen kept me warmer than usual, and it felt nice against my face. The condensation built up in awkward places, making me slightly sweat, and give off a bad odor. To be honest, I was kind of afraid of the instrument I was holding in my hands. There were so many dangerous things you could do with it. And it was commonly used for stabbing things! I wasn't the strongest, so putting weight against the blade, and sinking it into the skin of the potato was a lot of work, and I knew I had to be growing muscle this very moment!

I sigh, letting my coffee breathe mix in with the stench of cooking rice. I moan, giving up for now, and spilling potatoes into the pan that was boiling, before taking off my own hideous apron and walking over to the living room. As if on cue, the phone pierces the silence with its annoying ring, and I almost pounce to it so it wouldn't echo around the house, and wake mom up. I picked up the phone to stop it from vibrating in the receiver, and placed it on my ear. "Darko residence, whom may you wish to speak to?" I know, I know, I sound so polite.

"I'd like to speak to my beautiful girlfriend Maddy, please?" A very familiar voice spoke through the phone. His voice was sounding much more normal, less hoarse, and scratchy since the last time we had spent time together. He didn't sound completely clogged up with mucus, and germs; this made me feel relieved.

"Frank you sound so good." I say through a childish smile he couldn't see. "You're starting to sound the same again! I'm getting excited. Do we get to kiss anytime soon?" I joke, switching the phone now to my other ear.

I hear his giggle from the other side. "You monster! Is that all you want me for?" He says, visible sarcastic disappointment spilling into his tone of voice. "I'm kidding. I feel a lot better actually, and Mom doesn't have me resting all the time. I think the best part about this is that I don't have to take that disgusting medication anymore." He mumbles, as static sparks from the other side. "And...kissing, yeah the kissing, that's the best part."

My muscles on my face pull back to form a smile. "Princess Frankie, relationship is not all about kissing! I even know that! Though I must admit, I miss your lips."

"Oh trust me.." He speaks. "They miss you a lot too. But I called to remind you that my dad's party is this Saturday. Which is two days away, just reminding yo-"

My attention shifted from Frank's voice to the knocking that was heard against my old door. Frank's last words were scrambled, and lost in the air. "Hey Frank, hold on a second.." I say, cutting him off not know what he was saying at all. I hear him mumble a low, 'okay' before placing the phone on the smooth surface of the coffee table, and making my way towards the door. My fingers wrapped around the metal before the view displayed a tall, blonde girl in front of me. My eyes dilated, taking a better look at the girl in front of me. "Rory?"

Her lips spread lightly into a smile. "Hey Madison."

Has long has it actually been? I haven't seen her since Drakes funeral was held. And yet, here she was standing in front of me, looking completely fine; not the image I had used to seeing her in. She looked different too; her skin shined, her eyes glowed, her hair was now shorter and cut up in easy noticeable layers. She still stood a good nine inches taller then me though. She bended down to hug me, and hold me in her long, skinny, fragile arms for a second and then let go.

When she began talking I was still bewildered by her presence. "Sorry I came without any warning. I-I just never saw you in school and started wondering..." She said, her voice fading. "I'm just here 'cause I feel like I need to..to talk."

I nod, stepping aside to let her in. I instructed her to take off her coat, and let it rest on the coat rack when I remember Frank was still on hold! Shit. I tell her sit down on my couch, and I speed over to the phone, hoping he's still there.

"F-Frank, Frank?" I say desperately, into the receiver, hoping he hasn't hung up on me yet.
"Well that only took you like an hour!" I hear him mutter from the other side. "What were you doing anyway?"

"U-uhm, that doesn't matter. I need to go, I'm sorry. We'll talk another time again, okay?" I ask, in a rushed voice, not wanting to make Rory wait.

"Okay.." He mumbled, sounding disappointed. "Can I call you tomorrow? Or..can you maybe come over tomorrow? Or I come there, or something? I haven't seen you in a week! Please?" He pleaded.

"Yeah, yeah sure. I'm sure mom and Dan will be out at the same time sometime tomorrow. I'll go after I'm done with my tutor, okay?" I say, my voice racing.

From the edges of my eyes I see Rory sitting cross legged, staring at random objects inside my house. Her eyes land on me, and she smiles softly. I give her a fake smile back before Frank speaks again.

"Kay.." He mumbles. "Well, by-"

"Bye." I interrupt, before hanging up on him quickly, and turning around to face Rory. If she heard more of the conversation, I knew she'd start to get suspicious.

"Who was that?" She asked.

It wasn't like it was any of her business, but no matter how much this girl looked as if she has changed, she's still the same nosy Rory she was when I first met her. But that was okay. There are just certain traits on people you have to learn to cope with. "Oh, no one important." I say, taking a seat beside her. "But you said you wanted to talk?"

She nodded, sitting herself up on the couch, pushing her hair behind her ears. "How have you been? You know, after Drake died. How did you deal with it?"

It came to no surprise that she came to talk about Drake. Drake was the person that really linked Rory and I together. She was his girlfriend, and I was his best friend, and we both shared common love towards him. I don't know which one he praised more though, but I didn't want to think about that. I sigh, trying to get all my honesty out. "Well, I know Drake didn't want me crying. So that's what I tried to sustain, tears. I tried to stay strong for the people that couldn't. For example, you and his mother." I smiled. "I don't know, for about a month I felt completely numb, and lonely.." I say trailing off, remembering everything I had gone through when Drake passed away. "But a certain something made me realize that he didn't want me to be moping around because he was gone. I knew he'd want me to live on for him, and so I did. And so here I am, I'm fine."

She stares at me, like I'm some kind of superhero. "I was the same way.." She mumbled, letting her long blonde hair fall over her face. "It's been almost two months now. And I can feel him make me choke on my air. I can feel him hear me. And I know you might think I'm crazy because we only dated for about four months, but I really think I loved him. A-and I miss him, a lot." She says, her voice almost cracking, and the air having trouble getting through her diaphragm. Her hands are neatly folded on her lap, she looks in a sort of trance.

"Are you okay, now?" I ask as my voice piercing through the silence.

She nods, and smiles lightly. "I remember when he would smile lop sided at me when he wanted something. Or how he cracked, stupid cheesy jokes whenever I felt like shit. I miss those little things..." She says, her voice trailing off again. "I just wanted to tell someone that for a while. He didn't have many people close to him, and the closet I knew he was to someone was you. I-I just needed to tell someone that I still miss him, but that I think I'm ready to keep going.."

I smile softly at her, nodding my head up and down. "I think that's the best thing for you to do." I say, placing my hand on top of hers for comfort. "Though, if there is one thing he'd never want you to do it be.."

Her eyes rose, to look at me. "It be what?"

"To forget him."

It's what we all want, but it's something we all never get. She nods, before her nose begins to sniff the air around us. "Is something burning?" She asks, standing up from her seat.

My eyes widen. "My potatoes!"
♠ ♠ ♠
i love you in, Tugen!

Another simple chapter! So i asked you guys if you wanted me to write another story and I was thinking another Frank one, but someone else mentioned maybe a Mikey one? Leave comments let me know which MCR you'd want a story for! :)