Status: Critical editing process occurring as of June 29th, 2013.

In 102 Languages I Love You

Kesalul

Madison:
three words, three syllables, eight letters


My white knuckles knocked on the wood of his door. The tips were slightly faded red from coming in contact with the hard platform, and from the wind outside. I had stuffed myself again to keep warm. Even if winter has yet one more month until it leaves, everything seems to be getting colder. Even on warm days in February I can't stand just being in a sweatshirt and warm pants. I have to keep myself warm at all times, and sometimes keep a jacket inside the house. Everything makes me shake and shiver. Everything bites me down to the bone to the point where it just hurts so bad.

If there was one thing that could get my blood boiling, and friction rubbing to create my body warmth, it was his face. The door peered opened slightly, and Frank stood in front of me dressed in his own spider man pajamas, falling loosely on his legs, and a black shirt to big for his torso. He widened his eyes at me, and shook his head a little, a smile started at his lips. "Surprise," I say, giving off a cheesy smile.

He pulls me in seconds into his warm body, and I rest under his chin, wrapping my arms around his small torso, and inhaling in his odor. I close my eyes and let my face rub against the soft material of his shirt. "Frank you look so much better."

"What you talking about woman? I always looked good." He smiled into my hair. He backed away, so I could walk inside, and soon no more freezing winds were sneaking inside his house.

"No, I have to be honest. You looked like shit." I smile sweetly at him.

He glares. "Fine if you want to be that way..." He mumbles, rubbing his eyes with his hands. "Why are you here so early anyway? I mean, I was expecting you to come, but around five or something..." He yawns loudly, scrunching up his face, and stretching his arms up to relax his muscles.

I frown at his comment. "Frank it's one thirty, it's kind of noon. Mom was off working, and so is Dan. Mrs. Costello and I were done, so here I am! Is it bad that I'm here this early?" I ask, heading towards his couch as he fumbles with his hair, still standing.

"No...it-it's just.." He mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact. He was brushing his fingers through his hair harshly, as he tried to choose his words correctly. "I have to baby-sit." He groaned. "Mom told me this morning, and the baby is actually going to be here soon, they're my neighbors. I thought I'd be done by like four or something, and then you'd come." He says, now walking over my way.

I thought for a second before speaking. "Well.." I say emphasizing the word. "Seeing as in I dumped you with baby Linda in terrible conditions, and made you fail the health project, I think I can help you out this time. I'll stay and baby-sit, too!"

He cocked an eyebrow in amusement. "Seriously?" He asks, a smile making its way across his face.

"Yeah, why not?" I ask. "Should be fun right?"

"Now it will be.." he laughed raising his eyebrows playfully. He leans into me, and rubs his nose against my own. I flush, trying not to turn pink. I can see his eyes, and my reflection in his pupils. Soon, his lips are crushing my own, and his tongue is begging for entrance. I push him off, alarmed. "Whoa, is hooking up allowed now?"

He scrunched up his face, thinking, and his eyes peer up. "Hmm...I don't know actually. Let me ask!" He pushed off me.

Ask?

"MOM!" He yells loudly through the house. His voice slightly echoes as it bounces off the walls.

He's going to ask his mother?!

From a far distance I can hear voice yell back. "WHAT HONEY?"

Frank inhales a breathe. "AM I ALLOWED TO KISS MADISON?"

I can feel my cheeks burning, and my insides twisting. Can this be more embarrassing? I want to hit Frank and tell him to be quiet, and not ask his mother! Personally, I think it's private for people to know who you have been kissing, and who you haven't! He looks back at me and wiggles his eyebrows, but what he doesn't know is I want to tell him to shut up, and tackle him! He turns his attention back to the yelling.

"IF YOU MUST!" She yells back, and I hear the faint laughter of her voice. My insides twist even more.

"You idiot!" I mutter, trying not to smile. "Why would you ask your mom that!" I whine, covering up my face with my hands. "That's so embarrassing!"

"Oh be quiet, my moms cool, she doesn't care! She was a teenager once to, and you know..." He mumbles falling back into the couch next to me. "Now..." he warns. "Pucker u-"

Frank's interrupted by a loud doorbell piercing through his voice. He rolls his eyes, and mutters something I can't hear. He gets off me, and I relax as he strides over to the door. "MOM THE BABY'S HERE!" He yells before turning the doorknob open, and reveals a woman holding a baby in her arms. She doesn't look old, probably in her late twenties. A colorful hat is placed on top of the baby's head. He doesn't look much like a baby either, not one that's months old.

"Hey Mrs. Shaffer..." Frank says, faking a smile. The woman's nose is red from outside, and she's radiating cold from her body.

"Frank, I want to thank you for taking care of Max for me! Last notice and all you know? Where is your mother? I've left the car running!" She says, all in one breathe as she walks inside, and sets the baby down beside me.

"Well hello there.." She says, smiling over my way. I straighten up, and place my hand for her to take.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm M-Madison.." I say tripping over my name. Her hands take mine and she smiles widely.

"Are you helping out too? I don't have to pay you both now, do I?" She giggles, pulling off Max's hats, gloves and his jacket almost to big for his delicate body off.

I blush, "No, no I'm just here to help out, just for the heck of it."

She smiles again, and turns back to Frank. "Well okay you two. He needs his mashed potatoes at two. I've got everything in this bag here. Make sure you check him every once in a while. I've already changed him, but you never know. I've got a couple of his toys there too if he gets bored. Make sure you give him his bottle at four, if I'm not back before that. Oh and he has a little cold, so if he starts coughing just make sure to give him his medicine at three thirty. Now..." She says finally taking a breathe. "Where is Lind-"

"Right here Patty..." Another voice is heard from our right. We all turn, and there comes Linda walking down the stairs, all wrapped up in her scarf and fancy looking jacket.

"Linda I'll go wait in the car.." Patty said, before bending down beside Max, and kissing him lightly in the cheek. "Behave yourself, okay, Maxi? Mommy will be back soon." She said tickling his sides.

He revealed little tiny white teeth's trying to push their way through his gum. "Frank and Madison, take care of my baby, bye!" She said before disappearing through the door.

Suddenly, Linda's heels turned our way, and narrowed her eyes at Frank. "Frank..." She mutters, and then turns to me. "Madison.." She says in a softer tone. "This baby better be in one piece when Patty, and I get back, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Frank salutes, trying not to laugh.

"I mean it!" She warms stepping out of the house, and grabs the knob. She takes one last look at us, smiling my way, but glaring at Frank. She turns the door and walks out. When we think she's gone, her head pops into the room again.

"One piece!" She yells again, before finally hearing her footsteps outside the house, and walking into the car. Frank and I listen to the car's engine rumble, and the wheels screech before their rolling down the road.

"Your moms the cutest thing ever." I giggle sitting down on the couch beside Maxi. He's looking all over the house, with his big, bright, blue eyes. He's holding rubber key chains in his hands, and trying to balance on the soft couch. "How long till we feed him?"

Frank stares at the clock that's hanging on the wall above his TV set. "Now..." He mutters, reaching over for his bag, and swimming through everything it contains.

My eyes wonder to the baby chewing away at his key chains. "How old is he?" I ask Frank, who is still rummaging through the bag.

"I think he's one year, and two months old. I hear he can kind of walk too..." He says, before finally pulling out something in his hand. "SCORE!"

He yells in victory. "Now we need to find his bib..." He says, continuing to search again.

Trying to make myself useful, I make faces at Maxi as he stares at me, still chewing his key chains. "Maxi, how does it taste?" I ask, bending down towards him.

He lets go of his key chains and they fall on top of his lap. He sticks out his arms towards me, and his fingers curl at the end, asking me to...come towards him? I push back, getting a bit scared at this. I know I'm pathetic! "Frank, what does he want?"

Franks head turned my way, while Maxi was still reaching his arms out towards me. "He wants you to carry him." He mumbles, before taking out toys out of the bag.

Oh.

"Frank..." I mumble again. I can feel him getting annoyed by me.

"What?" He groans looking up at me.

"I-I..I don't know how to carry him..." I say, feeling embarrassed, and looking away from his face. Oh, if I'd ever grow up to have kids, I'd make an amazing mother!

I can never have kids.

I won't have kids.

End of story.

I feel Frank can tell I'm feeling disappointed. "Oh, well okay.." He mumbles, before he himself takes Maxi in his arms. "Stand up."

I do as he orders. "Well, I don't know how to explain it. You just take the baby, and make sure one of your arms is resting by his butt. Make sure the other one is holding half his back and his head, so he won't fall back or anything. He's old enough to control his head, so just keep your other hand on his back." He says, walking over to me to hand me Maxi. I take a step back afraid I'll do something wrong.

"How about you just carry him, and I'll feed him or something. I'm afraid I'll do something wrong." I mumble, feeling ashamed.

Frank shakes his head and continued walking to me. "You'll be fine, I'm right here if he slips out or anything, okay?" He says. I nod slowly, afraid. I stick out my arms as Frank gets closer. Soon Maxi is twisting towards me, and his arms are opening up to come into my own. My arm rests by his small butt, and the other stabilizes his back. Frank stands close to me, his own hand on my back.

"See, you did fine." He mumbles kissing my cheek softly. I look up to meet his big hazel eyes. I could seriously melt right there by the look he was giving me. He's...amazing.

His hands lower down towards my waist, and I can feel shivers breakout. Keep cool Madison. Maxi is still looking around the room as I slightly bounce him up and down in my arms. "Alright Frank, lets feed him!" I say, walking over to the couch, and place Maxi down on the soft material. He balances back onto it, and I place a pillow on his lap. Frank hands me over his bib and I wrap it around his neck loosely. "Okay, feed him!" I say, moving over for Frank to open up the tiny bottle it was in.

"This better be easy." He sighs, before slipping in a small spoon into a brown mush. He scoops up some mashed potatoes, and aimed it towards Maxi's mouth. However, all Maxi did was stare at it, and kept his mouth glued shut. "Come on Maxi, open up, open up!" Frank said in this very cute, annoying tone. "Get him to open his mouth!" Frank groaned at me, still holding the spoon in his hand.

"What do you want me to do? Do you want me to force him to open it?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"If it will help!" He smirks.

For the next two hours, Frank and I spent all our attention on one thing, Maxi. I never knew taking care of some little kid would be such a hassle. He liked pulling on things, or grabbing random objects, and throwing them around. I swear Frank and I had gray hair by the time we were done! We had spent long minutes arguing who would change his diaper and who would play with him too, or give him his bottle. My legs were sore from trying to catch him when he crawled all over the floor and getting him away from touching dangerous things. And my eyes wanted to close on me from being completely exhausted.

Finally, Frank and I slowly closed the door to his room leaving Maxi sleeping quietly, and peacefully on his bed. We made sure to stay extra quiet as the door closed, and as we made our way down the stairs. Frank stayed close behind, and I knew I was ready to collapse. As soon as the couch was near me I let my body crash onto the soft pillows. "Jeez, I never though taking care of some little baby would be this hard!" I whine, turning my body over on my stomach, getting ready to sleep.

"Make room!" Frankie said, falling on top of me, and crushing me with his body weight. I scoot over as much as I could for him to lie beside me. Our heads rested on the same pillow, and soon we were breathing in each others breathes.

"I never want to have kids..." I mumble, as his hand reaches to touch my face. "And thank god I never will."

His fingers freeze on my face, and his eyes stare hardly my way. "Don't say that Maddy..." he mumbles, scooting even closer to me.

He doesn't know, I haven't told him. He's not aware.

"Sorry..." I sigh, forgetting that he doesn't like it when I'm being realistic. His hand is loosely draped around my waist, as he played with the hem of my jeans. "Can we sleep?" I yawned lightly, digging my face into his chest. "I'm so tired."

"You can sleep. I have to stay awake in case I hear something upstairs. Maxi might wake up you know." He mumbles, as his hands make their way up to my hair, getting lost in my dark strands.

"So you're just going to lie there?"

"I'll watch you sleep." He mumbles, twirling my hair around his finger.

"That's creepy." I frown, before I dig my face in his chest once more, and let my own arm wrap around him. I can feel him smile, even though I can't see it. "Good night Frankie."

"Night Maddy, I love you."

And that's when it came crashing down.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love you in, Mikmaq

Sorry I didn't update yesterday! it was a busy dayy! But here is the next one!
Again if you want another MCR story just leave a comment and say which MCR member you'd prefer one for!

xox