‹ Prequel: Snared.
Status: On the back burner but Comment for faster chapters, yeah?

Lost.

Chapter 1: Sold!

Chapter 1: Sold!
“ Buildings, or theatres, like these went out of business when the House Of Blues started opening up all across America. It was abandoned for years. Then a man took it off our hands, he fixed it up, and had it running for a few months until he just sold it and left town. Its been a while but if you’ll look to the right..” I let the Real Estate’s Agents voice fade away as I lost myself in my mind.

The smell of decaying wood, week old vodka and sweat still hung in the air.

I ran my hands across the bar, feeling the smoothness and imaging all the people who had sat here to listen to good music and have a drink.

Dodging tables, I ran across the floor and jumped up on stage. I started jumping around and swishing my hair pretending that I was performing and that it was a full house. My –used-to-be-brown- but- I- dyed- it- blond- and- colorful- like- Avril- Lavigne- hair covered most of my eye sight, and it let me lose myself in my mind even further.

I could hear the crowd screaming my bands name.

I could feel the energy emanate from their shouts and jumps. And right when I was getting really lost in my own fantasy…

The Real Estate agent clears her throat to remind me that she’s still here. In her fancy suit, painful looking high heels, boring makeup, typical short hairstyle, and cheesy fake smile.

I gently kicked the wall with the tip of my combat boots. My foot bounced back. I smiled, that means that no matter how run down this place is, it’s still got some kick in it. Perfect.

I did a back flip off the stage and heard the lady stifle a gasp.

I turned around to the Real Estate lady, “I’ll take it.”

She forcefully smiled at me, “Alright Miss, but I’ll need a signature from your parents.” She strained holding out a paper from her clipboard to me. I could tell that she didn’t like having to provide service to me, but I was a potential customer and she had no choice.

I mean, why else would a lady like her be with a punk brat like me?

No good reason at all.

“No problem.” I grabbed the paper and pulled a blue pen from inside my combat boots, “I emancipated myself when I was 17.” And I signed the paper.

I smiled brightly and looked her in the eye, “Couldn’t stand that hell hole.” I said holding the release forms out to her. She grabbed the paper and gave me a frightened smile.

“Yes, well, stop by my office another day to finish signing all the proper paper work. Meanwhile, here are. Your. Keys!” she said holding out the keys, with real enthusiasm.

“Thanks!” I said snatching the keys from her.

“It’s been an honor to sell you your first home Miss Evergreen.” She said shaking my hand.

“Please, call me Lenora!” I smiled back at her.

The smile she gave me seemed genuine, “My, Lenora Evergreen, what a beautiful name.”

I thanked her and walked her out. I waved until she was in her car and out of sight. Then I ran back inside.

It’s beautiful. So what if the lighting sucks, the floorboards creak, and there’s this weird damp smell in the air?

It’s got character. It’s seen a million lives before I was even born.

You can’t change this building. No matter how hard you try.

Just like you can’t change me. Something my parents never bothered to learn.

I went outside, locked up, and made my way to the bus station.

I arrived in this town last night, so I don’t know my way around yet. Plus, I should tell the boys that we have a place to crash for the rest of our lives.

No more sleazy motels where you can hear the person next door having sex… or being able
to order hookers just like you order room service, or rat bites on the shower curtains.

No more of that shit!

This is a new life we're starting, so we better start it off right!
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter... sorry it took so long to get it up >.>
but you know.. problems..