‹ Prequel: Snared.
Status: On the back burner but Comment for faster chapters, yeah?

Lost.

Chapter 5: You Won't Hide

I see the blood oozing out of her side. The bastard bit her deeply. I whined and began to gather the pack magic around me.

I don’t allow others from the pack to use the magic because they abuse it, so I only allow them under dire consequences. And also adding the fact that I never taught them how to do it, so if they learned then by all be damned go ahead and use it since you were so determined to learn it in the first place.

When I knew I had gathered enough magic around me, I lapped at her wounds. And it quickly began to sizzle before closing up and in a matter of seconds everything was gone and the only evidence that she had something on her stomach was the small scar left. But it was barely noticeable.

Her eyes immediately snapped open and I felt my heart start beating again.

She saw me and quickly sat up, “Holy shit” she muttered. I noticed that part of her bleached hair was matted with blood, but it has other streaks of colors so I doubt she’ll really care much about it at all.

After the fear quickly faded, she smiled at me, “Nice doggy” she said patting my head.

What? Do I really look like a dog? I stared at her dumbfounded, Does she really think that?

Help Mica’s voice filtered into my head. I turned and saw him struggling with the Foreign Were. This was too big a task for a novice like Mica to take on. Its not a rogue because its scent wasn’t disgusting it was just a werewolf from another, smaller, pack.
A pack whose scent I couldn't place. I growled, I was angry at myself for letting him take it on, even though I’m the Alpha and I should be handling these situations and not my subordinate wolves; also because I couldn't figure out whose pack it was from.

The Foreign Were was above Mica, and then suddenly Mica got away from him but the Foreign Were shot out and bit Mica on his left hind leg sending him to the floor.

I growled and hurled myself towards the Foreign Were, knocking him off of Mica and into a tree. I heard a sickening snap and knew that the Foreign Were had broken something. Good, fucking bastard deserves it.

The Foreign Were started to slink down, but was still daring to growl at me. So I bit into its front right hind leg.

Then it finally collapsed to the floor. He whimpered in pain, and not wanting to be merciless I didn't put it out of its misery, I let him wallow in it. A werewolf without working legs is like a blind, deaf and lazy human. Mica however, wasn't thinking the same thing because he asked permission to finish it off.

I wasn't going to let him because to steal someone else's kill is a blow to the ego, and spirit. I didn't like the idea, protecting your kill (even if it is an enemy) is just an instinct. It’s just like when something runs away from you; it’s an instinct to chase them down. I growled at him, my wolf didn’t like the idea either.

There was rustling to the side of us and we whipped our heads around to face it. Two people were running away, the silhouette of the bodies looked familiar. I felt a sudden longing wash over me, it felt like a part of me was going numb. Then the instinct to chase them down kicked in.

I knew who it is. It’s Hunters mate. And my mate.

My mate is running away from me.

I growled at Mica to take care of the Foreign Were, and I ran full speed towards the dark girly figures. As I was running towards my mate, I heard Mica deliver the fatal bite to the throat that silence the Foreign Were and put him out of his misery.

I made a quick mental note to congratulate Mica on his first kill, I should've gone back to verify that he had done it correctly but my wolf didn't want to. He wanted Lenora.

I felt him kick it up a notch, and run at a speed that I didn't know I could.

But the girls only started to run faster. Fast enough that they were able to just barely keep out of my distance. Every time I got close enough, they would turn and take a sharp turn and go another direction, soon enough we were out of the forest and on the streets.

Lucky it was late at night (or early morning?) and no one was out or else I’d have to worry about paranormal T.V. show crews coming to town to film every single thing that moved. I stopped for a second to see that they had turned onto the sidewalk. Lenora pounded on the bus until it stopped and they quickly clamored onto it.

I ran after the bus once it started moving again, I looked in through the big back window and saw her looking down at me. She looked beautiful and frightened, of me.

I felt something in my heart slowly tearing.

It hurt so much, I had to stop running.

I had her scent ingrained to my memory, I will find her. She will be mine. And she will love me back.

For now, I'll just have to be content with seeing where she lives and that she gets there safely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Its been a long time. But now that I have laptop AND internet access you can be expecting much more updates.

Maybe another update this week? Hmm, if ya'll COMMENT. (:

ps. All of my shit is © Ruby. SO you steal even one word and I will see your ass in court. Thanks. (: