‹ Prequel: How Videos Are Made

Promise Me Some Dignity

I Was Saving Myself For You

A few moments after we had arrived home, Nate and Castalia were pulling into our drive. Nate had barely parked the car before she was rushing up the drive and onto the porch steps, nearly toppling both of us over as she crashed into me. I giggled and, immediately, began chatting with my best friend, excitedly. It had been nearly a month since the both of us had seen each other. We were both almost hysterical at the opportunity to see one another.

"You look fantastic!" She squealed, pulling me by the hand to our living room couch. "Tell me what's been going on. I need every. Little. Detail."

I laughed and launched into a detailed month, leaving out the pregnancy part. I was saving that bit for later when all the other guests arrived. It was quite an entertaining month, to be honest.

"Oh, wow." She giggled, straightening out her skirt. "You've been pretty busy then, haven't you?"

I nodded, a large smile on my face. "It's been a good crazy, though, honestly." I shrugged. "Now, you spill!"

She grinned and launched into an equally crazy story of her month without me. Apparently, her washer went out and started leaking every time they tried to wash their clothes. I listened, nodding and gasping at appropriate times while the other few guests we had invited started leaking in.

"Go be a good hostess." Lia whispered, pushing me off the couch. "You have other guests."

I grinned at her and made my way towards the front door, greeting Matthew Brown as he entered the house. I smiled at the tall, blue-eyed man. He grinned and pulled me into a large hug. I squeaked and let out a high giggle as he spun me around once.

"It's great to see you again, Cassi." He chuckled, pulling away and shoving a hand through his long brown hair.

"It's great to see you too."

He grinned and made his way into the livingroom where all the guests were settled. It looked as though everyone was here and Destery was bouncing on his feet, anxiously. I wandered in there, making my way to stand next to my husband who was grinning, excitedly.

"Okay, before Destery has a conniption, we have some really exciting news." I started, looking nervously at Destery. "Do you wanna tell them?"

He looked at me, eyes wide. "Really?" I nodded and grinned, happy that he was so excited about having a baby. "Well, you guys....We're having a baby!"

Castalia's scream was loudest as she ran up and tackled me in a hug. I laughed and tried, desperately, to stay upright in the heels I was wearing. She rocked us side to side as she tittered, eagerly, in my ear about baby shopping.

"Cause I'm pregnant too!" She squealed.

"What?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
teehee. drama.