‹ Prequel: Trouble for Me
Sequel: All She Knows
Status: Finished!

Breathe

Your only dating me for my muscles.

Nicole:
"Well that was awkward." "Yeah. Well, um, I gotta get ready for the game. Are you coming tonight?" "Yeah sure." "Okay, once I am done changing we can go to your place so you can change." "sounds good, I will go wait in the kitchen." I walked into the kitchen and sat at the island and had a glass of lemonade. "So, you and Taylor?" "Um, Eb's hey. I don't know it sorta just happened." "Okay look. I am not saying I don't want you guys together just don't hurt him." "What do you mean?" "Don't cheat on him or anything. He has already had enough bad stuff happen to him, he doesn't need a girl breaking his heart too."

"I would never cheat on him, or anyone. And what do you mean enough bad stuff? What's happened to him?" "He lost his dad a few months ago and hasn't really been the same." “Oh, I didn’t know that.” “Yeah, it’s not something he really likes to talk about at all.” “Well how did he die?” “Really sick I guess. No one really knows, like I said he doesn’t talk about it.” “Oh, I feel bad for him.” “Who do you feel bad for?” Taylor walked in and we had to scramble for an excuse. “Um, Jordan was telling me how Jonesy hasn’t scored in like 14 games.” “Oh yeah, I feel bad for Ryan. He will score soon though. I know he will. So are you ready to go to your place so you can change?” “Um, yeah sure, let’s go.” “Okay, we will see you there Eb’s.” “See you guys there.”

Taylor:
I waited in the car as Nicole changed. She opened the door and came to the car definitely supporting the Oilers. She was wearing our team’s colors, even an Oilers hat. “Wow you defiantly support the home team.” “Well if I am going to be working for the Oilers I figured I better show my support right?” “True, so I talked to the guy I know and you can’t be a trainer like your brother. Someone might think that you got the job since your brother is already a trainer.” “Oh, so then what job did you get me?” “You are the new national anthem singer.” “Don’t they already have a guy to do that?” “No,he left since people weren’t really getting into it when he sang the anthem I guess.” “Oh, well at least I have a job, so when do I start?”

“Tonight? I know it’s short notice, but they are going to give you a jersey when you get there and you will just have to sing the Canadian national anthem, since we play Ottawa tonight.”
“Okay, well can I still wear my hat?” “Are you serious right now? You are worried about a hat? I thought you would freak on me.” “No, I know the anthem, what kind of Canadian would I be if I didn’t?” “True, so when we get there I will take you to Mr.Wells, that’s the guy who gave you the job.” “Okay, I should maybe remember that then.” “Yeah, maybe.”

Nicole:
I had practiced before and Mr.Wells liked my voice. He said it was a lot better then the old singers. I am guessing that’s a good thing then since I replaced him. Once I heard the the announcer finish introducing me I took a breath and began to sing. Once I was done with the anthem, I left the ice and went to my seat which was right behind the Edmonton bench. I had a feeling tonight was going to be a good game, but I didn’t know why.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Taylor got a hat trick, maybe it’s the feeling I had before the game. Taylor and the Oilers won 6-2 over Ottawa. Eb’s had a goal, so did Paajarvi and Jones. Jones finally ended his scoreless streak just like Taylor predicted. After the game I went and waited outside the locker room. I waited for Taylor to come out so we could go. “Hey, good game tonight!” “Thanks, you know that hat trick was for you right?” Taylor told me as we walked to his car. “Aw, really? Thanks, but you know what I would really like right now?” “A kiss for being the most supportive girlfriend ever/best anthem singer?” He kissed my on the lips, so I kissed him back. “No not quite, I would really love some sleep. I don’t know how you guys can play through a rough game like tonight and still have enough energy to stand.” “Oh wait I can’t feel my legs I think I am going to collapse, oh Nicole catch me.”

Taylor pretended to collapse into my arms so I could catch him. “Okay you are too heavy. I don’t have muscles like you NHLers do.” He twirled the car keys on his finger. He stopped after opening the trunk “Maybe that’s the only reason you are dating me, for my muscles.” I grabbed them from him and ran to the driver’s side of the car. “Nope you have got it all wrong Taylor Hall.” I hopped in the car and put the keys in the ignition without starting the car, and then I began to pretend drive it. “I only like you for your amazing car.” He dramatically opened the car door and let out a gasp. “I knew it! I can’t trust you with them.
You might leave me for the car someday.” I jumped out and teased him with the keys. “You know that’s not a bad idea, but if you don’t want me to leave I suggest you figure out how to get these keys back then."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I only have 1 or 2 people commenting. A few new people commenting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!