‹ Prequel: Trouble for Me
Sequel: All She Knows
Status: Finished!

Breathe

You lied to everyone.

Nicole:
"Hallzy get a room!" Jonesy yelled at us kissing each other outside of Taylor's car. "Fine!" We got in the car and started to laugh. "We keep getting caught." "I know, we need to get better at this." "I agree. Um, Taylor can I ask you something?" "sure, shoot." "How did your dad die? Eb's told me about it earlier." "Um-" "I mean if it was bad and you don't wanna talk about it that's okay." "Um, yeah right. It was kinda bad, um really bad." "What happened?" I grabbed his hand. "Look Nicole I wish Eb's wouldn't have told you, I feel bad now. I kinda wish you didn't hear about this."

"Taylor why not?" "Look I lied okay! My dad isn't dead. He and my mom divorced and he disconnected all contact we had with him. He hasn't been to one of my games here in Edmonton, I was mad so I figured it would be better if I told everyone he was dead." "Why would you lie about that?" "I just told you because I was mad." "What if that gets back to him, what if everyone finds out you lied then what?" "I guess I didn't think of that, but since he doesn't care about me anymore I don't think it will be a problem."

"Is there anything else you have lied about? Is anyone else 'dead'?" "You know what! I did what I had to. He left my mom,brother,and sister along with me. How do you think they dealt with him leaving. they didn't understand what a divorce was." "Okay, but you could have ruined their lives by lying like that." "Fine, I made a mistake, I get that, but why are you so mad?" "I already been lied to enough by guys. I guess I just thought you were different." I got out of the car and slammed the door. "Nicole! Baby, come back." "No! I am not your baby anymore, I'll just go find my brother to take me home." I started to cry while walking back into the arena. I went into the locker room to find my brother. "Hey sis. Nicole what's wrong?" "Taylor lied to me. I really thought he was different." "Oh, Nicole I am so sorry." "It's fine." "I will be done in about 15 minutes then we can go home." "Okay."

I went out onto the bench and began to think. Then I heard Chelsea Dagger faintly playing. My phone was ringing in my pocket. "Hello?" "Nicole, thank god you answered." "Jonathan why would you call me. We're broken up, remember?" "Yeah I do. Look Nicole, when I told you I didn't have feelings for you, I was lying." "Oh really? There is a lot of lying going on lately." "Just listen to me okay." "Fine."

"Chicago hired a new general manager, he pulled me aside one day at the rink at the end of the season and told me that I had to get you to leave Chicago." "Why?" "He said he didn't want you playing here anymore. Telling you I didn't have feelings for you was the only reason I could do that." "If you really loved me you would not have gone through with it." "But he was gonna fire me if I didn't. I love it here and I figured I would let you know as soon as I could, but you weren't answering. That's why I had to use Seab's phone."

"Okay, well why are you calling me then?" "To tell you that I still love you and I did it just to keep my job." "Are you being honest with me right now?" "Yeah, the guy brought Kaner back in your place." "Why should I come back then if Kaner is there? He killed Beau remember?" "Yeah, I wasn't happy about it right away, but he and I talked it over and he really is sorry for that. He even went to Beau's grave on the anniversary of his death." "Seab's is a witness of this GM telling me to break up with you too." "Put him on the phone then." "Hello?" "Seab's did this new GM tell Jon to break up with me to get me to leave."

"You know I would never lie to you Nicole. Yeah told him it was you or his job. Jon didn't want to do it, but he loves this job you know that." "I know it was his dream." "Yeah, he went crazy after you left, he couldn't take you being gone. Then when he found out you were with Taylor Hall. He blew a fuse he was so mad." "Look if I come back I can't play." "Just because of that stupid GM? Come on Nicole you can't stop because of him." "No Seab's I really can't play, like doctors told me no." "Wait doctors? Are you okay?" "Look I felt sick a few weeks ago and I went to a doctor. I am not allowed to play for awhile."

"Well, why can't you play?" "Look I haven't told anyone yet. Not even my brother so I don't know if I should tell you, I don't want Jon knowing yet. If I come back to Chicago I will tell him when I get there." "Come on Nicole, I won't tell him. What is it?" "Sorry, you can try to figure it out until I get there, but no one finds out until I am back in Chicago." "Fine, look I gotta go. Can I tell Jon you are coming back?" "Yeah sure. Can you tell him that I wanna try and make things work again when I get back?" "Sure I'm sure he would love to hear that. But what about you and Hall?" "Over and done with as of 10 minutes ago." "Sorry to hear that, but happy that Jon will be back to normal once you two are together again." "Haha, alright well bye Seab's." "Bye Nicole."
♠ ♠ ♠
So kinda long one, but I figured I should throw a curve ball in there. Someone gave me a comment that inspired this change. So thanks to NMT82!!!! Stay tuned for the next chapter! I might post another tonight!