Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.10

"You must be Harper and Sanders, I'm Kally Anderson," a brunette woman walked into the room, her hair was in a bun held by a net, she was average height and weight with powder all over her blue apron she wore around her neck and waist, she walked over to Sanders and I with her hand extended and a smile on her olive skinned face.

"It's nice to meet you Kally, thank you for seeing us on such short notice," I laughed as I shook her hand firmly and then let go so she could shake Sanders hand, but he ended up kissing her hand.

Apparently he done that before I asked him to.

"Oh it's my pleasure, I don't have anything booked for at least two weeks, so come over here and tell me what you have in mind," she said as she smiled and motioned for the bakery counter, which had many treats such as brownies, cookies and many other goodies I would love to devour in the glass case under the counter.

"Oh we don't know anything but butter cream icing," I said shrugging my shoulders as we both walked over and glanced down at an album that held many pictures of cakes she had laid out on top next to an order sheet.

"Well, you can look through this book and tell me which you want and then you can add adjustments to it as you like," Kally explained as she pushed the photo album forward on the glass. "Take you're time."

"Thank you," Sanders said kindly as he looked up from the albums leather exterior to Kally. "We'll go sit down over here."

"Be my guest."

Sanders grabbed my hand and pulled me over as I held the album in my hands, looking through it slowly studying the cake characteristics. "I like that one," he poked the laminated picture of a pink and yellow rose wedding cake, three tiers that had a staircase all the way to the bottom, on top sat the bride and groom statue.

"It's pretty, but what color?"

"Well, we're going for white so it has to be something like that, white and black maybe or white and red?" Sanders suggested as he sat down on the couch, placed his hands on my hips and pulled me down beside him.

"That sounds good, I like white and red don't you? It sounds like it would go good together since we would have red and white roses," I explained as I flipped a couple more pictures.

"Didn't you say yellow and red?"

"I changed it just a second ago," I leaned up and grinned innocently as I looked up from the photo album. "When you said white and red."

"Well, you'll need to tell Elina or she'll go and order yellow roses and then that won't go over good with you and you're mom."

"I know," I mumbled under my breath as I turned to Sanders and looked at his hair. "What did you do to you're hair?"

"Nothing why?"

"It's all, well it's everywhere Sanders," I laughed as I combed his hair back with my right hand. "Did you get shocked by a light socket?"

"No, but I did ride with the window down," he grinned as he looked down in my eyes; I smiled and blushed slightly as I brought my hand back down to my side. "You have beautiful eyes."

"Thank you," I chuckled as I looked back down to the book to save myself the embarrassment of showing my 'won't go away' smile. "You have gorgeous eyes."

"Well thank you," he laughed as he turned the page to the next cake that was two layers and square, not circled like the rest before, I went to turn the page at the same time he did and our hands collided, making us both laugh nervously and move our hands, it was very cliché and very embarrassing to act like two awkward teenagers.

Awkward moment, again.

"How is it going?" Kally asked as she walked across the room wiping her hand on a dish towel that was slung over her left shoulder. "Find anything that you like yet?"

"Yes actually, the first one was rather interesting," Sanders said as he glanced up at Kally. "We are thinking about that one but still looking, just to see if another one sticks out."

"Well just tell me when you're done," she smiled at us both and took off to behind the counter, where she began to cut more pieces of brownies to put in the glass case.

"Will do," Sanders murmured as he leaned back down and flipped another page, he poked my arm and pointed to the left cake with a smile on his lips. "That one is gorgeous." It was six tiers high; sitting on one another was round basketball shaped layers that each layer got smaller at the top. "What about it?"

"I think I like that one better, have it completely white with off-white coloring for the decorations and red roses surrounding the bottom?" I suggested as I looked up into his eyes in questioning. "Hm?"

"That sounds great, one down three hundred to go," he grumbled as he held up the album and his hand for me. "Come on sweetheart; let's go tell her what we want."

"Alright," I said softly as I stood up and walked to the counter with him, causing Kally to look up and smile.

"Find something?"

"Yes we did," I smiled as I nudged Sanders, he looked down at me confused until I motioned for him to show her the picture and he finally got it by making a Oh right sound before he sat the album on the counter.

"We want this right here," Sanders said happily as he pointed to the small eight by eight picture. "But white with off-white decorations and red roses on the bottom."

"The decorations would be like?"

"Swirls?" I suggested as I looked up at Sanders for his say so in the matter.

"Swirls work for me," he said as he shrugged his shoulders carelessly. "Remember, Butter cream icing."

"I've got that down," Kally laughed at his eagerness for the butter cream icing that he wanted oh so much. "Is that everything?"

Sanders and I looked at each other and nodded. "Yeah," We said simultaneously as we turned to Kally with a nod.

"Alright then, everything is written down and it will be done by Tuesday was it?" Kally verified as she glanced at both of our faces, I glanced at Sanders and he cleared his throat.

"Yes."

"Awesome, see you guys then, congrats by the way," Kally smiled as she waved at us while we exited the establishment that smelt so good.

That kind of smell makes you think twice about opening a store for yourself.

"I really want to live on that couch, it smelled so dang good in there," I said dreamily as I leaned on Sanders side, he laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer.

"How about this, when we get married I let you bake me all the cakes you want," he glanced up at me and grinned childishly, I stopped in my slow pace of walking and raised one questioning eyebrow at him, he clear his throat awkwardly and look back in front of himself. "Or you know, not."

"Good boy," I giggled as I pushed his side softly, making Sanders laugh hearty as he almost fell of the sidewalk into the road. "Oh damn sorry!"

"It's okay, I see what you're doing, just kill me off instead of marrying me, thanks Harper," he teased as he wrapped his arm back around me, but this time around my waist.

"Oh please Sanders," I rolled my eyes. "I'd get Cyrus to do that if I wanted it done," I giggled as he glanced over at me sharply with his eyes wide. "Kidding."

"You're better at freaking people out than you give yourself credit for," he glanced ahead of himself and chuckled softly. "Damn."

"It's a gift and a curse you know," I shrugged my shoulders as we walked down the sidewalk in town; we come up upon a furniture store and my eyes widened. "I need a bed badly!"

"Why?"

"Guest bedroom for Elina when she wonders over in the middle of the night, she complains about the couch being harder than a cement floor that's been poured by a four year old and she's threatened if I don't get a bed that she'll dye my hair black while I sleep."

"Well, she's really kind isn't she?"

"The kindest," I grinned as he opened the door and held it for me, bowing playfully, I giggled and curtsied on my way in. "Oh wow there is a lot of mattresses."

"I'll help you look for one."

~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you very much guys," I stated gracefully as I closed the door shut, the movers had just delivered the mattress to my house after two hours of searching for the right one, testing them out by jumping on them or letting Sanders lay on them. Which he ended up falling asleep once and nearly got us thrown out but eventually we got out and the movers followed us to my house since it was close and they were slow today and delivered it. Sanders, was at the moment trying his hardest to push the perfect mattress in the quest room, but failing miserably because the bed was stuck half way in the door.

Grunting, Sanders laid against the end of the mattress and pushed, holding his breath and lifting off the floor for more support, no prevail it stayed in the same please. "Harper!" he whined as he turned around.

"What Sanders," I whined the same way he had as I walked closer to him, he huffed and leaned his back on the end of the mattress and pouted his bottom lip at me while he crossed his arms like a spoiled child.

"It won't move."

"I can see that," I grinned as I leaned against the wall beside him, he grinned and turned on his side, looking down at me at the same time the mattress gave in and slid into the room, sending him in after it, on the floor. "Sanders! Are you okay?"

"Fine," he squeaked out as he leaned up on his right elbow. "Just taking a break you know."

"Uh huh," I mumbled as I stepped over him and lifted the other edge. "Lift it up on the frame please."

He lifted his finger telling me in just a second before he groaned and pulled himself up so he could lift his side, finally laying it on the bed; he sprawled out on the edge and pulled me down beside him. "You are going to make me do hard labor when we marry aren't you?"

"Possibly, its kind of fun having someone else do it," I giggled as I pushed his side; he laughed slightly before he moaned and rolled on his side. "What?"

"I'm sore all over."

"From lifting a bed?" I looked at him rather dumbfounded as he stared at me innocently and serious. "You're serious?"

"No, but it was kind of hard, you're room kind of," he motioned to a narrow wall that had stopped the bed from moving in the room easily. "Awkward."

"Not my room, guest room."

"It's in you're house therefore it's you're room," he corrected me as he leaned his head against the palm of his hand. "So…am I moving in with you?"

"Huh?" I looked up at him once again in shock as I tilted my head slightly to the side. "Oh right…"

"Uh huh."

"Yeah, but when?" I glanced at his face for some answers.

"Well, we can wait until after the wedding if you prefer, I was just wondering because we haven't talked about it," he said as he shrugged his shoulder carelessly as he looked up at the sky with a grin slowly rising on his lips.

I seem to see that a lot and it's really starting to become more attractive each time.

"We haven't talked about a lot of things actually," I murmured as I turned to my side and mocked how he sat, elbow on the bed, head in palm, legs together and parallel to his.

"I guess we haven't," he said shrugging his shoulder. "Maybe we could do that thing where we find out what we're getting into by spending twenty four hours together."

"Like you stay the night and do what you would usually do?"

"Exactly."

"Does that mean…" I turned away so I wouldn't blush up a storm. "Sleep in the same bed and everything?"

"Correct."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comments appreciated.