Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.16

I turned and giggled as she had at Sanders, who was leaning against his shoulder with his mouth clamped shut, his eyes closed loosely, his long black eyelashes laid against his cheek in a thick pile that brought more color to his already tan complexion, I kissed his cheek softly and let my lips linger there for a moment. "Night Sanders."

"You really love him don't you?"

"Yes I do."

Should I worry that it was that easy to tell her, but before that it was hard as hell to say anything else, am I falling for him? Or have I already landed face first into a pile of passion and love? Oh dear lord give me strength.

After twenty three hours and twelve minutes of flying nonstop to the Chicago airport, I felt ready to kneel over and cry for the love of ground, as long as I live and breath, I will never fly without a lot of alcohol in my system. "Are you okay?" Sanders asked as he slid his arm around my waist, supporting half my weight.

"I hate planes," I mumbled leaning my head against his jacket; I went to lean my head back up and got my hair stuck on his zipper. "Ow…"

"Oh," he laughed as he motioned for Anthony to get the bag he was carrying, so that he could un-knot my hair from his steel zipper, after a few tugs and apologies he had it out and decided to zip his jacket up so that my hair wouldn't get caught again. "Alright mom, dad, Tegan and Anthony, welcome to America."

"Oh wow," Tegan said slowly as he walked out the big glass doors. "Wait I've been to America before smartass, I haven't been to Chicago though."

"I know, I was being dramatic for the effect," Sanders turned to glare at his younger brother with his piercing green eyes. "Care to shut you're mouth pipsqueak?"

"Yes in fact I do car—"

"Elina!" I shouted as my dark haired best friend came running up from the cab she came out of, I noticed her when I watched each boy shoot out insults to one another, Elina grinned as she hugged me then hugged Sanders. "Where is Vanessa?"

"You know her," Elina chuckled as she waved a dismissing hand through the air. "She went and got you're fathers help with fixing up three of there guest bedrooms, so she said to tell you welcome back Harp and," she kissed each of my cheeks and forehead. "And that."

"I swear that woman needs to have a child," I chuckled as I stepped back and motioned to Karen and James. "This is Sanders mother and father, Karen and James Huckabee."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. And Mr. Huckabee, I'm Elina Danters, Harper's assistant."

"Assistant?" Karen asked as she smiled over at me, Sanders had explained I was a designer but she wanted to know what kind I'm sure. "What do you do honey?"

"I'm a fashion designer, I own a line of men's clothing called Hardly Harper," I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "It's work."

"I had no clue," she said softly with a smile. "Right sorry, it's nice to meet you too Elina."

"Also this is Sanders' brother's Tegan," I pointed to the Huckabee brother standing nearest to me. "And Anthony," I pointed to Anthony who was grinning like a fool at Elina.

"Nice to meet you," he bent down and kissed Elina's hand. "Elina."

"Uh," she must have flushed at least four shades of violet and stuttered trying to get her bearings back. "It's nice to meet you to Anthony."

"Nice to meet you Miss Danters," Tegan waved slightly as he smiled comfortingly at Elina, she nodded slowly as if taking it all in, then turned and pointed to two lined up cabs.

"There is our rides, come on now, we're going to you're father's house Harper, Vanessa has gotten a call from the bridal shop saying you're dress is in, they sure didn't lie when they said express wedding dress, the bridesmaids dresses need to be sized and the invites are out, which she reminded me to tell you that she must have been crazy to agree to helping you on such short notice but she's loving every minute of it."

"And what has she done to Cyrus since I've been away?" I wanted to giggle at the face she made at me.

"She's tortured the poor boy, he had to actually model you're dresses that Vanessa picked out for the bridesmaids, I mean she had him model it in front of you're father and the bridal shop's workers which were women," she almost let a giggle slip. "You know, me and Hayden was there too, and also Acelin—"

"Acelin?" I asked as I jerked my head up so fast that I could have sworn I heard something go pop. "Acelin's here?"

Elina smiled as Karen and James climbed in the cab first while she held the door open. "Acelin came back the day you left saying she and her husband broke up, Ronnie controlled her all those years, Mary and Fred are here too, we put them as ring bearer and flower girl, hope you don't mind."

"Don't mind, are you kidding me?" It almost came out hysterical. "I can't believe there back."

"Who's back sweetie?"

I turned to Sanders with tears in my eyes, my big sister who I love to death, finally back. "My sister, and my niece and nephew are back."

"There back?" he asked wide eyed, he remembered what I told him the other day, but I nodded with a slight laugh. "That's amazing."

"Is she staying with mom or dad?"

"You're father, god knows you're mother would go into cardiac arrest if she seen her disowned daughter come back, you're father welcomed her with open arms," Elina smiled and motioned for us to get in the first cab.

"We'll be there in about fifteen minutes," I told Karen and James, who was seated with Anthony and Tegan squished in for good measure.

"Alright dear," James nodded his head as I shut the door gently and walked with Sanders and Elina to the other cab, as I got in the feeling of overwhelmed joy burst through my veins, not only would my brother be there, my sister would too.

Wow, I'm feeling guilty and happy at the same time. How is that possible?

Fifteen minutes at the most, we arrived at my father's large brick mansion-home as he called it, it had seven furnished bedrooms, five baths, a full kitchen, living room, dining room and parlor to boot, not to mention a computer room, pool, cellar and attic. "Oh wow," Sanders said slowly as he gazed up at the house. "When I first met you're father I got the hint he was rich, but now I get the hint he's loaded."

"Deep pockets my friend," I patted his chest. "It's scary."

"I take it you never fancied the money?" he asked as he looked down at me, I shrugged my shoulders then shook my head.

"I'm not that easily fascinated by green paper," I smiled softly as I looked back at the house. "I really do love this place though; dad has an indoor pool at the back side."

"Really?" Sanders asked rather fascinated himself at that point, he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him up the steps to the large oak front door.

"Yeah," I chuckled as I pushed open the door and hesitated a moment to check behind me to see if everyone had caught up by now, they all had and Elina was making her way to the steps with a couple bags in hand. "Let's go inside."

As we walked in the parlor, I laughed at the sight of my step-mother Vanessa dancing around with Cyrus, listening to some country/hip hop mixed song while they sang really, really loud and very off-key. "Cotton-eye Joe," Elina informed me with a low whispered. "All morning."

As soon as they calmed down and the last note was played, everyone including Karen and James clapped and praised there little show; Vanessa whipped around and stared wide eyed with her mouth slightly gapped, her face turning redder by the second. Cyrus on the other hand just bowed and thanked us for our support. "How long have you been standing there?" Vanessa gained her voice back after a few short minutes of complete dumbfound-ness.

"Uh," I turned to Sanders and nodded slowly. "About three minutes wouldn't you say?"

"I would say about four, but give or take a few seconds," he nodded in agreement, which made me roll my eyes.

"Couldn't just say yes could ya?" I asked sarcastically, which earned me a grin and a kiss on the temple.

"You're father has been waiting for you," Vanessa said still in shock as she waved towards the door leading to his office. "He's got a surprise for you."

"Acelin and the kids," I grinned excitedly as I looked at Sanders, trying my hardest not to bounce up and down on the heels of my feet just yet. "I'm so happy to hear she's back, I want to see her."

"You know about the surprise?" she nearly groaned as she slouched in her posture. "You weren't supposed to find out until you got here and seen for yourself, Elina!"

"What?" she said wide eyed as she put on the most innocent look to her ability and glanced at me. "I didn't tell you, did I?"

"No…" I drug it out with half a chuckle. "Not at all."

"Right, I believe that," Vanessa rolled her eyes as Sanders chuckled beside me; I grinned slightly as she waved us to follow her. "Acelin has been dying to see you and to meet Sanders, she almost had a fit when you're father told her you were getting married."

"I bet so," I giggled as she pushed the door to my father's study open and walked in fully, I followed her with Sanders behind me, holding my hand just as tight as before. As soon as everyone was in I looked at the floor in front of the desk where Mary the blond four year old with bright blue eyes sat playing with a bratz doll, beside her was her brother Fred, who was named after my father, his dark brown hair and green eyes staring straight at me, at his age of seven he knew who I was but didn't know me like he should have.

"Aunt Harper?" he asked which caused my father to place his newspaper down on the desk harshly, beside him was Acelin in all her blonde glory, her whiskey colored eyes met mine and her face lit up.

"My god," she mumbled as she stood at her full height of five foot five, she had been reading over my father's shoulder. "Harper Elizabeth is that you?"

"Acelin," I smiled as tears crowded my eyes as I walked forward and met her halfway in a hug. She started laughing as she rocked me back and forth, holding me so tight that I thought she crushed some ribs. "Oh I've missed you!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Character info updated.

Leave me comments or subscribe.