Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.19

"How is that going sweetie?" she pulled me in a tight hug that felt weird for her, she never hugged me with actual, feeling.

"Its going," I nodded slowly and then grinned at her, while tilting my head. "Someone's visiting isn't there?"

"I—I" she stopped and sighed as she looked behind her through the door; she reached out to grasp the brass knob and closed the door shut. "Don't tell you're father."

Like he gives a rat's ass if you have a male companion over for…I really don't want to know what for.

"I won't," I smiled as I hugged her again. "Sanders and I will just go then, listen the wedding is on Thursday instead, you remember where right?"

"Pavilion at the park at what time though?" she glanced from Sanders and I a couple times before finally resting her hazel eyes on mine.

"Uh," I turned to Sanders and widened my eyes. "What time did we discuss again honey?"

"Noon," Sanders played along with a smile on his face. "Noon.

"Alright, well we better get going," I sighed happily as I kissed my mother's cheek. "See you Thursday."

"See you then sweetie," she said as she waved us off.

~*~*~*~*~

"This week has been hectic," I sighed as I grabbed a handful of popcorn from between Sanders and I. "I never thought this would happen."

"It is very sudden," he agreed as he popped a couple kernels into his mouth. "But it's worth it, don't you think?"

"Yeah," I grinned as I rolled my head to the side, looking over my arms as I nodded. "I got to become friends with you."

"To be more specific, I think this qualifies as more than friends if you get my drift," he winked as he moved his hands from behind his head to lean against the windshield.

There is nothing better than sitting in an empty field on the hood of your car, eating popcorn from the corner store with the person you love.

My sudden realization nearly choked me, or the piece of popcorn stuck in my throat did, one or the other. "Sanders…"

"Yeah?" he gazed at my face for the longest time. "Something wrong?"

"Why did I agree to get married for my mother?" I turned my gaze to the sky; all those questions floating in the air could smother me if I were to let them fall.

To bad they were sinking already.

"What?" he furrowed his eyebrows together as he took a few short seconds to think of what I had said, and why I had said it. "I don't think you did."

"What?" I focused my confused eyes on his honest, open emeralds. "What are you talking about? I did."

"No," he shook his head as he leaned against his elbow casually. "You could have called it off Harper, you could have said no. But you didn't and it wasn't because you're mother would be mad, you're mother would have kept trying to get you married. You married because you felt something for me, like I feel for you."

His honesty was enough to send those questions that slowly sunk to the bottom of my thoughts, soaring through the air. "What did you feel for me?"

"Love at first sight," he said softly as he reached over with his free hand and grabbed hold of mine. "When I first helped you reach for that book, I knew there was something special about you, and I wanted to find out what."

"Really?" I asked softly as I gazed into his eyes again, they were so beautiful. To me at this very minute, I could see his soul or at least that's what I believe with my whole heart, and it was beautiful. "You love me?"

"Yes Harper Phillips, I love you."

"I think I love you too," I said softly as a smile slowly made its way to my face. "Is this normal to fall in love so quickly?"

"Probably not," he mused softly as he looked up at the sky. "But who said we were normal?"

"I'm not normal, I'll tell you that right now," I chuckled as I looked over at Sanders face, he was so involved with watching the stars that he didn't see me gazing. "Thank you."

"For what?" he looked away for a split second.

"For loving me," it came out as a near whisper, but he heard it loud in clear because his smile increased and he leaned down to kiss my lips. It felt like butterflies erupted into a frantic flight in my stomach when his cool lips touched mine, when his hand went behind my neck to pull me closer my arms froze and caused me to shiver. But when he whispered those three words against my lips while looking in my eyes, my heart skipped a beat.

~*~*~*~*~

"Vanessa!" I shouted as I gripped her shoulders, she had been running around my father's house at top speed ever since I woke up, and she was up earlier than me. So who knows how long she ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.

"I have to get the cake delivered to the reception on time, I have to get over five hundred chairs in that small building Elina rented, I have to get the pavilion set up—" Vanessa rambled until I placed my hand over her moving lips and stopped them.

"Shut up, sit back and relax," I said slowly as I grabbed the white paper in her hand, she held it like it was a life line, but after three tugs she let go. "Now, everything is ordered, everything is ready but the pavilion park chairs and set up, the reception room and the cake will be delivered tomorrow."

"We have to go set up the chairs," she mumbled as I let go of her mouth and stepped back. "And you're food, the caterer service."

"I thought Elina done all that when I left for Ireland?"

"She did," she nodded her head slowly, and then managed a coy grin. "But I didn't like what they had and canceled the order."

"So who's catering?" my eyes went wide with worry as she shrugged her shoulders. "My, gosh you've flown the coop Vanessa!"

"I'll get someone, don't worry," she patted my arm and smiled nervously. "I'll go and call everyone I can find and I need you, Sanders, Acelin and Elina to maybe go and fix the reception, make Cyrus and Hayden help too, they should be useful."

"Just get food," I grumbled waving her off, she smiled and nodded her head as she ran off out the archway door, I turned around and groaned as I slumped my way into the bedroom Sanders was staying in. "Sanders," I shook his feet that dangled off the edge of the bed. "Sanders good lord boy, get up its noon!"

"What," he grumbled peeking his head out from under a pillow, surrounding his eyes was a mess of blondish brown hair.

"It's noon Sanders, we have things to do. It seems that Vanessa canceled the catering order Elina made and now she's busy trying to get another while you, me and Elina go and fix the pavilion in the park and Cyrus, Acelin and Hayden do the reception hall that Elina rented with five hundred chairs," I explained as I pulled his ankle once more. "So Mr. Sleep-in-till-noon, get up."

"Okay, okay," he yawned as he threw the fluffy white comforter off his legs and stood up, stretching.

"Did you go to sleep with underwear on last night Sanders?"

"Yeah," he turned his head and stared at me strangely for a second before he added. "Why do you ask?"

"Look down."

"Oh shit," he grumbled and covered himself; I snickered as I walked out of the bedroom to my own across the hall.

"Call me back in when you are decent," I chuckled as I walked over to my closet and picked out a nice pair of pants to change into out of my pajamas, after changing I walked back out to the hallway and leaned against the side of my door, staring at Sanders' door, waiting for him to walk out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

I love my subscribers, even though you don't comment much.