Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.02

"So," I said biting my lip as I looked down, I looked up at frantically and sighed. "Were you serious? I mean I know you probably were kidding or yanking my chain, but…" I glanced off at the wall trying to choose my words carefully, since I have a bad reputation of saying things before I think them through.

"Yes," he interrupted my thoughts with a smile. "I'm going to make you watch a sunset with me, just because you have never and because I like you."

"You just met me, I bet you spend ten more minutes with me and you'll hate me," I blushed as I blew on the hot coffee cup in my hands, warming them to the point they were slightly burning.

"Or love you, but all we have is fate and destiny and a little bit of luck to go on, I believe you're a nice girl and I like the fact that you talk when you blush instead of ignoring me."

"Oh," I blushed then hid my face with my hand, feeling overly embarrassed. "Don't do that, I feel so awkward."

"Aw, I'm sorry," he said as he covered his face with his hand childishly yet very, sweet of him to do. "Look I can't see you blushing."

"Stop hiding you're face," I laughed as I pulled his arm down from his face; he grinned and covered his face again but with his other hand, "People are looking at you, they are going to think you're a crazy person who's playing peek-a-boo with an adult," I laughed as he peeked out the crease of his middle and index fingers. "Oh no, I can see the evil look."

"People are staring huh?" he asked I just then noticed he had an Irish accent, which was silly of me not to think he had one, I mean he's from Ireland, what did I expect? A Boston accent from him or something. "Let's give them something to look at, shall we?"

"I'm kind of scared now," I said nodding my head up and down.

"Don't be," he said as he stood up and climbed on his steel and blue plastic chair while raising his arms up in the air, "I love this girl! I just met her but she's already my best friend, Harper… what's you're middle name?" he glanced down at me with his hands still raised, with a puzzled look on his face.

"Uh," I blushed as I looked up at him and then around at the room full of people. "Elizabeth."

"Elizabeth Phillips," he sighed and climbed down casually, sat down and began to sip his latte, he flipped his wrist at everyone still staring and added. "I'm off my sugar high, go on about you're business."

"Nice," I laughed as I took a sip of my coffee. "You're crazier than my cousin, and trust me he's almost clinically proven to be insane."

"I try, it's a work in progress you know, it's not perfected but it's coming along quite well if I do say so myself," he said as he honestly nodded his head in happiness. "How long did it take you're cousin to perfect it?"

"Well I think he was born like that and you seemed very far ahead," I admitted as I nodded my head with a smile, innocently and sweet. "But its okay, most my friends are snobby, I need me a crazy person to make me feel better about it."

"Oh, really now?" he asked with a smirk. "I now proclaim you my friend and we are going to scare the living shit out of you're unfriendly friends."

"Great, but we have to do something about the scraggly hair and the unkempt clothing if you're going to scare them while looking descent."

He looked down thoughtfully then back up at me after a minute. "I thought this looked professionally descent," he whispered as he leaned forward looking me in the eyes.

"You look professional, for a library conference in the star trek universe," I snickered as I held my hand out, he grabbed it unsurely and I smiled assuring at him. "Hello my name is Harper Phillips, the fashion designer from South Carolina, I own a large company with men designer ware called Hardly Harper, the warehouse downtown that you will be meeting me at tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on the dot."

"You're that woman that the chess team has been talking about," he whispered then furrowed his eyebrows together in shock. "Wow that didn't seem that geeky in my head."

"Yeah…" I said slowly as I reached out and patted his large hand that was laid perfectly still on the tabletop. "Let's not tell anybody that."

"I concur," he smirked then winked at me. "I swear I'm not completely geeky, only three fourths."

"I know, you're pretty handsome for a geek, but tomorrow I will make you very sexy for a librarian," I had my own way of flirting, it was called business pleasure where you can't tell if I'm just being nice or being a designer, sometimes it was a good thing.

"I need a new profession," he sighed.

~*~*~

"I think I did pretty well," I said biting the inside of my left cheek as I circled the small stool in the middle of the room, my assistant Elina Danters leaned over with wide eyes, staring at my masterpiece, Sanders the sexy librarian.

"Well? You're a miracle worker," Elina whispered in excitement as she bounced on her heels.

"Hello, in the building, in the same room for Christ Sakes," Sanders said as he sighed and jumped off the stool I had put up for him to twirl like my own personal girlie boy in a fashion show, male models is what they called it professionally but my words for it was girlie boy.

"Sorry, but you looked like a—a—chess geek or a librarian when she brought you in," Elina stated as she threw her hands up in exasperation, while Sanders sighed and looked at me with sad eyes.

"I didn't tell her, she guessed herself," I snickered, making Elina turn to me with confusion written all over her face like the make-up coating it. "He's an actual librarian and chess geek."

"You're joking," she whispered with wide eyes, full of surprised shock.

"Nope," I giggled as she turned and laughed at Sanders, she wasn't being mean she was just surprised she hit the hammer on the nail with him.

"Well damn I'm good," Elina laughed as she walked up to Sanders and circled him like I had minutes before, while I stood back to watch her inspect. "Very good, kind of business man, actor—playboy look he's got going for him, very sexy."

"Where are my glasses by the way?" Sanders asked blushing a tad lighter around his cheekbones.

"Threw them away, you get these contacts," I said holding up a box of contact lenses for him to wear instead of those god-awful black librarian glasses. "And you will be going with me today, to scare the shit out of my unfriendly friends," I mimicked as I handed him the box of his new eyes.

"I can deal," he sighed as he looked in my eyes. "You are helping me or torturing me? Remind me please, I think after the last time you're assistant," he glanced at Elina with narrowed eyes. "Poked me with the hair brush it dislodged my memory."

"Helping you, remember, I'm paying you back for coffee, you're paying me back for this by going with me to my mother's house party for who knows what, then I'll pay you back with that somehow, maybe coffee again?" I was interrupted with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Will it be harmful like this at your mom's house, because I don't think I can take anymore abuse?"

"No, but it will be good," I smiled as I kissed his cheek, making him shake his head and walk away to grab his jacket. "No, no the other one on the chair," I pointed off to the left where my computer chair was.

"Which one?" he pointed to two that where on the backrest of it, one was black and the other was blue.

"The black one that matches the pants, work with me here Sanders, white button up shirt, black dress pants and—"

"Black suit jacket with black suspenders?" he joked as he grabbed the coat.

"You can take the geek out of the library but you can never get the library out of the geek," I sighed as I walked away, making Elina laugh as she watched Sanders fling the jacket over his shoulders in a rush then run after me down the stairs.

~*~*~

Thirty minutes later, I sighed as I pulled into my mother's driveway; I turned to Sanders after turning off my Mercury's purring engine and looked at him sympathetically. "I'm now scared." He mumbled with a blank face.

"Why? Oh um—yeah something I need to mention, my mother is dead set on getting me married off at a young age, so when we get inside their will be a guy in there probably ready to ask me for my hand in marriage like some knight in shining armor or something, I need you to keep me far away from him and any man for that matter, just whenever you see me with one and I wink at you, help me for heaven's sake."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

commenting is cool. be a cool kid.