Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.23

“Hello daddy," I smiled as he gasped quietly.

"Baby girl you look amazing," he smiled as he held his hand out, "Come on, let's show you off."

I giggled slightly as I grabbed his hand and climbed out of the limo, as I stood beside my father. Two things became clear.

One, it had snowed last night and it looked like a winter wonderland, beautiful and scenic.

Two, I was getting married, and the person I was marrying was basically, my best friend. That I just met.

And I couldn't have been any happier right this minute, my father squeezed my hand, as he looped my arm with his and we started down the steps, the seats where full of people I did and didn't know, Sanders side was just as full as my side. My mother was crying, Karen was crying, James was trying to console Karen, some white haired man was consoling my mother and I had no clue who the hell he was, just that he was touching my mom like he was her husband. But that wonder ceased to exist when I looked towards the pavilion where the bridesmaids stood on the left side and the groomsmen on the right, the minister in the middle wearing white and Sanders to his side, Sanders was absolutely amazing looking. His brown hair was styled differently, it was free to move without being fixed a certain way, his tux was different from the groomsmen at his side, and his was completely black with a crimson red vest. And a red rose in his shirt pocket, no jacket. "I love you Harper, I want you to be happy," my father whispered in my ear. "And I do believe Sanders is the man to make all you're dreams come true little girl."

"Me too daddy," I whispered as we closed the gap between us and them, as I stood in front of Sanders, all I could do was smile. "What's up stud?"

"Nothing much beautiful," he winked as he grabbed my hand which my father held out.

"Now," the minister began as I looked over at Sanders, I wanted to listen to the minister, I really did but I couldn't concentrate on anything besides Sanders. I loved him, I was marrying him, and it no longer felt as fake as it was. It felt real. "Who here thinks these two souls shouldn't be wed?"

No one better or they'll be seriously fussed out.

"Now, do we have written vows?" the minister asked gently as he glanced at both Sanders and I in curiosity.

"Well, I couldn't really write down what I wanted to say," Sanders nervously stepped back, "So I'm winging it," he took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes, "Ever since I first seen you Harper, I felt this connection and had this dream that someday I would be the one you would fall into happily ever after love with, I shot it down as soon as I thought of it because lets face it, everyone knows that I don't have the best of luck. But when you started to treat me like you wanted me, like you could possibly want that happily ever after love with me and not someone else; I became the happiest man alive. I know we haven't known each other long Harper, but I love you. And I'd do anything for you, including getting married on a wild notion, it's an inside joke," he glanced to the crowd. "I love you, I love how you're eyes shine in the most happiest of moments, I love how you grin and bare it even when you want to run and hide, I love how you would eat my mothers Mutton Soup even though you detest anything besides hamburger and chicken," that got the crowd laughing shortly. "And most of all, I love you because you accept who you are in life and you accept me for who I am, a geeky librarian with thick glasses and bad clothing choices, but you still love me. And that's why I love you, because you would do anything for the person you love, even if it's putting up with my bad habits for a week."

By the time he was finished I was wiping the tears that escaped my eyes away, trying not to make my make up run since Elina and Acelin took so much time in fixing it perfectly, but what he said. Was just too damn sweet, he was just to damn sweet. "Now, you Harper," the minister instructed.

"I'm winging it also, I couldn't think of what to say when I sat down to write, I figured it would come to me," I laughed slightly as he did while reaching over, wiping a stray tear away, "When I first met you, I didn't know what to say or do. I figured you were a Looney escaping from you're padded room, but when you stood on a table and said you loved me, even if you didn't mean it then. It made me think about maybe, possibly being more than friends with you, and when you stayed at my house and made breakfast, cleaned up and made up the bed I knew you were the one for me," the crowd surrounding us laughed again, "I realized I loved you when you and I watched the stars that night, talking about life later. And it made me realize, you were something I looked forward to in the future, you were someone I wanted to spend it with. It made me realize that you weren't just a best friend Sanders, because truly you are, I've never had someone as close as you are with me, that's known me less than two weeks and still knows me more than I know myself. I told myself this was just for my family, but you told me it was for my heart, you knew before me that I loved you. You knew before me how wonderful you made me feel when all you had to do was look at me, they say love is blind. I'll go blind if I can keep feeling like this, true love is rare. But I found it I'm pretty sure, because it takes a special someone to have me fall in love with them, and you made me within a week."

"You lost me," he chuckled as he gripped my hand softly. "Right after you said you loved me."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"That's a good thing," he whispered back. "Because that made me feel, amazing, more than you'll ever know Harper."

I glanced at the minister for the first time and then back to Sanders, he smiled assuringly as he pulled my hand up to his lips and kissed it, I smiled back and blushed slightly as I looked back at the minister. "Alright, now repeat after me," the minister looked at Sanders as did I, turning fully towards him. "I, Alexander Sanderson Huckabee take Harper Elizabeth Phillips as my lawfully wedded wife."

"I, Alexander Sanderson Huckabee take Harper Elizabeth Phillips as my lawfully wedded wife," Sanders repeated with a smile, his gaze never leaving mine.

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, in sickness and in health, to love and obey till death do us part."

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, in sickness and in health, to love and obey till death do us part," Sanders squeezed my hands softly and his lips rose in a smile.

I smiled as Sanders was handed the ring from Anthony, after the minister said something about it, I tuned him out and focused on Sanders as he slid the ring on my finger. "Now say, with this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring, I thee wed," Sanders smiled as he raised my hand and kissed it, earning a look from the minister.

"Now, Harper repeat after me," the minister said sternly, "I, Harper Elizabeth Phillips take Alexander Sanderson Huckabee as my lawfully wedded husband."

"I," I smiled, "Harper Elizabeth Phillips take Alexander Sanderson Huckabee as my lawfully wedded husband."

"Good," the minister nodded, thinking out loud no doubt. "To have and to hold, from this day forward, in sickness and in health, to love and obey till death do us part."

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, in sickness and in health, to love and obey till death do us part," I grabbed the ring that Acelin handed me and slid it on Sanders awaiting finger.

"Now, repeat after me," the minister glanced at me, "With this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring I thee wed," I smiled as the minister began talking again, I focused on Sanders eyes, the bright emeralds that shined in happiness, which brightened the area around us. That lit up like a forth of July evening when the minister muttered the words 'I now pronounced you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride', he turned to me and slid the hand that held my hand up to the back of my neck and pulled me close.

"You won't regret me," he whispered.

"I couldn't if I tried," I whispered back as he placed his lips gently on mine, there was no sloppy five minute kiss with passion heating up for the honeymoon, just an old fashion I love you, let's get this over with so we can eat kiss that usually followed suit after most weddings.

~*~*~*~

"What is this?" I questioned as the waiter of the catering service placed a plate in front of me and Sanders that held something green on it. "Please don't be something gross."

"Its green color-dyed chicken," Vanessa's cheery response made my eyes widen.

"It's what?" Sanders tried to say without showing to much you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me emotion in his voice; the chicken was forest green and smelled like manure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment.