Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.25

"Because I don't have to do anything," I grinned cheekily as he leaned back up and looked down at me. "What do we do next, I forgot."

"Did you even sleep last night?" he questioned with a grin. "You act out of it, you know what happens next."

"Uh," I said softly as I closed my eyes and tried to sift through the week's worth of memories, facts on weddings and stuff like that, but came up blank mostly. "I'm so frazzled, I have no clue."

"Does my kissing you make you that frazzled?" he questioned with a grin; I looked up and raised one eyebrow in mock surprise.

"Frazzled? No," I stepped off his feet and smiled up at him. "But confused, lost and completely out of my own, yes. You make me more than frazzled, you make me helpless."

"At least I'm accomplishing something," he stated with a smirk as we walked back towards the seat, but before I sat down someone grabbed my shoulder.

"May I have a dance with my daughter?" my dad asked Sanders with a knowing look, Sanders waved his hand towards me basically implying Go ahead, take her while I took a sip from my champagne glass. "Thank you, come on Harper."

"Sure daddy," I sat the glass down and walked after him.

"Are you happy, dear?" he questioned as he grabbed my hand and placed his other hand around my back, rocking side to side to the music.

"I really am," I smiled up at my slightly aging father, his smile just as bright as his eyes where glowed even more today. "Are you?"

"How could I not be happy, my little girl is married to someone she loves, I'm a little worried because you married so fast, but I am happy."

"Don't worry dad," I chuckled as I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Trust me, everything is just fine."

~*~*~*~

"Everything is not fine," I grumbled looking straight at the window, overlooking the airplane runway. "Sanders, everything is not fine."

"It will be," he rubbed my back comfortingly as he stood beside me, glancing down at my frowning face. "The skies will clear and we'll be on our way once again."

"Seriously, Sanders' don't lie to me, I know we're stuck here for at least four hours and possibly more," I grumbled as I leaned my head against his chest, he sighed and ran his hand down the side of my arm.

"I'm sorry, we can always head back home and then come back tomorrow if you'd like," he suggested as he lifted my chin up with his free hand.

"No, we're already here," I sighed as I looked over at the plastic chairs, "Let's rest while we can, okay?"

"Sound good to me," he kissed my cheek as he looked over at the chairs too, I nodded slowly as he led me over.

"Wake me up when we can go, if you're up," I added as I sat down and leaned my head against his shoulder. "Night Sanders."

"Night baby," he whispered kissing my temple, I smiled at his small pet name, it might have been extremely corny but it felt nice. It felt good to be called his baby. "Go to sleep."

I don't know how long I had been asleep, but the next thing I know, I was being shaken softly awake with the soft whispers in my ear telling me our flight had arrived and we could board the plane. "Please tell me you're serious," I mumbled groggily.

"I'm completely serious, they said we could board now," Sanders chuckled as he kissed my lips happily, I giggled slightly as I sat up. "Now grab you're purse and I'll get you're bag."

"I can get it Sanders, I'm not helpless," I laughed as I grabbed my carry-on bag, he looked over at me and raised one eyebrow but said nothing.

"Just—" he paused and chuckled lightly, deep in his throat as he stood up with both his bag and mine in each hand. "Come on."

Nearly two hours passed when I woke up from a nap I didn't even remember falling into, of course I woke up to turbulence, "Oh how I hate planes," I moaned in annoyance as Sanders chuckled from my left.

"Don't worry, its just turbulence, we'll be there shortly," he paused and managed a grin. "Actually, more like twenty hours."

"I want to sleep again," I grumbled as I laid my head back down on his shoulder, he chuckled under his breath. I'm pretty sure he didn't want me to hear and slap him, so he stayed quiet, thankfully.

"Well, go back to sleep and as soon as you wake up we'll eat and then you can sleep again and of course we'll eventually get off this plane," Sanders smiled widely as he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Sleep well, sleeping beauty."

"Sleeping beauty actually had a nice sleep, mine is kind of," I moved slightly in my seat and grimaced as the armrest dug into my hip. "Painful."

"Well, how about not-so-much sleeping beauty?" he questioned with one eyebrow quirked higher than the other, trying out the signature confused look most actors tried and failed to perfect.

"It's better than what I had in mind," I chuckled lightly as I grabbed his arm that laid on his armrest and laid it in front of me, so I could use it as a pillow, unfortunately for him.

"Can I have my arm back?" Sanders made sure to ask softly as he pulled at his arm lightly, barely moving my head from his hairy appendage. "I'll get you a pillow if you want one."

"No, your arm is just fine," I playfully responded, making Sanders grunt and whine under his breath. "Alright, I'm kidding. I'd like a pillow Mr. Grunt and moan."

"What are you talking about?" Sanders narrowed his eyes and turned his whole torso towards mine. "At least I don't talk in my sleep."

Oh you have got to be kidding me, twenty years of solid sleeping without any problems but give me a couple years of sleep talking and it backfires on me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment.