Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.27

"Its your call, if you want to wait a month," he groaned outwardly and rolled his eyes back into his skull for a second. "We will, even though it just might kill me because you'll tempt me to much."

"That might be fun," I laughed as he gasped dramatically. "I'm kidding, I'll think about it."

"Alright, but I won't rush you Harper, I wouldn't ever do that to you. I want you to feel comfortable with me because I do love you and want you to love me—"

"Okay."

"And I know you said you did but—okay what?" his eyebrows furrowed again as he looked down at me instead of looking over my head like he had been.

"Okay, let's be newlyweds," I smiled as his shock showed brightly like the flashlight in a dark room. "Of course, you'd have to be a real gentleman."

"Consider me a gentleman for life," he smiled, finally out of his stupor of shock.

"Actually, when aren't you a gentleman, but anyway," I waved my hand dismissingly to the side of us and smiled brightly while lifting my hands away from the air where they were waving to around his neck. "Want to do the whole, carry your bride over the threshold?"

~*~*~*~

"Where are we going, Sanders, you're killing me," I whined as he pulled me up another hill, after the first five I began to grow tired physically and mentally of the hike he so desperately wanted me to go on with him. "Do you even have a stopping point or are we hiking across country?"

"Oh you need to quit whining," he rolled his eyes as he pulled me closer to him so that he could help me up the steep part. "Or else we'll turn around and I won't show you what I brought you out here for."

"All I have to say to that is," I held up a finger as I stopped walking and looked into his vibrant green eyes. "It better be good."

"It will be," he smiled as he nudged his head to the right. "Want to go before we miss it?"

"Miss what?" I asked exasperated as we began to climb higher, over a couple boulders and small rocks that actually angered me past the point of screaming because they kept rolling under my step and that caused me frequently to fall flat on my face. "This better…be good."

"It will be," he nearly whined as he pulled me near the top, as soon as we reached it we both gave a big heave and sigh, leaning over to catch our breaths. When I finally ran up, beat the tar out of it and caught my breath, I slapped Sanders in the arm as hard as I could without leaving evidence of abuse. "What in the hell was that for?"

"Causing me such trauma," I huffed out as I collapsed to the ground and lay out with my arms spread and legs too. "What now?"

"Its happening soon, come sit with me," Sanders sat about five feet towards the right, away from me. "You'll see it if you come sit with me, you know you want too."

"Fine," I grumbled as I crawled on my hands and knees to sit beside Sanders, after a few seconds of just sitting a few inches apart I gave up on trying to be upset with him and laid my head on his shoulder, which he thought was amusing because he hugged me to his side with his arm around my shoulder.

"Couldn't be mad long could you, baby?" he asked softly as he rubbed my shoulder, I shook my head reluctantly and sighed heavily from annoyance.

"No, damn you," I mumbled out as he laughed loudly, finding way to much amusement from my predicament.

"There," he stopped laughing and turned on the seriousness that made him so attractive when he showed it, I paused staring at his face before I turned to stare at where he was pointing. My breath caught in my throat and I found myself speechless, shocked in spot from the beauty. "And that, my love is an Irish Sunset."

"Its beautiful," I whispered as I pulled away from his side to stare closer as I thought would work, I acted like a child as I reached out and tried to catch the sun from falling past the green acres of beauty, of trees and sheep. "So very beautiful."

"I told you it was my life's goal to show you an Irish sunset," he whispered from behind me, I turned around and smiled widely at my husband, his face was painted in orange from the sunset which caused him to look like a God or a picture from a painted book by the greatest artists of all times. "Now mine has been fulfilled, I have another."

"Really?" I asked with a smile as I slid over and sat in his lap. "What is that?"

"To spend the rest of my life with you and have as many children as we can make and to forever show you beauty of Irish Sunsets," he smiled as he leaned forward and kissed my lips. "By building us a home, right over this hill."
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Before you ask, I'm attempting a sequel but yes, this is the end of the story for now. I appreciate all the love, thank you all.