Status: Updating regularly

Irish Lullaby

.07

Ten minutes later, after explaining everything, word for word thanks to my amazing memory, not a time to boast but it is one thing I had up on my brother forever, I could memorize anything.

"Well little piglet, you dug yourself in deep didn't you?" he asked with a smirk on his face, he cackled a little as he walked out of the kitchen, mumbling to himself about how I was such a trouble maker and how I could come up with some 'weird shit' out of thin air.

"You're amazing help," I mumbled as I followed him out to the living room then I turned and walked to my room, where he followed me.

"Where are you going?" he asked as he jumped on my bed and sprawled out. "Oh satin sheets, is this for this guy Sanders, meow."

"Did you just, meow at me?" I asked turning around as I grabbed my blue jeans, he smirked and nodded his head as I grabbed a light green T-shirt and my black sweater.

"Yes I did, anyway where we heading?" he asked as he sat up and pulled at his shirt. "Because I'm wondering if I should wear another shirt?"

"You're shirt is fine," I smiled as I walked towards the bathroom, he grunted and stood up before he followed me in the bathroom, I walked in the closet that was connected to the bathroom and began to change as he sung a random tune.

"So, this Sanders guy, you kissed him yesterday right?"

"Yes, why?" I asked pulling my shirt over my head.

"Just wondering if you liked him, or loved him?" he teased. "Because my inner 'Harper' radar hints that you're falling fast for this boy."

"Shut up," I laughed as I opened the door and grabbed a hair brush; I combed my hair through a couple times before I walked out of the bathroom, Cyrus following in tow.

"So tell me damn it, where are we going?" he whined as he grabbed his jacket from my coat rack, it was large and black, he grabbed his scarf that reminded me of Harry Potter before I grabbed my jean Jacket and threw it over my sweater for extra warmth.

"It's a surprise, follow me and stay quiet or I won't take you to lunch," I warned as I pointed in his face, I grabbed my car keys as I opened the door and walked out.

"You tease you," he joked as he shut the door and followed me down the steps, jumping two at a time to catch up with my fast pace. "Lunch as in, McDonalds or somewhere fancy?"

"You pick," I laughed as I got into my Mercury; it was black and really pretty. "Oh, why are you here? You live like three hundred miles away."

"You're wedding, mommy dearest phoned me yesterday afternoon and demanded I come down and keep you company, did you know she's planning the guest list, and who you're bridesmaids are," he said as he leaned on the seat.

"No way," I glanced over at him and whined like a teenager not being able to go out on a Saturday night. "Why does she do that, it's my wedding, fake or not."

"That's your mother," he remarked as I turned left down the one way street. "She said that Natalie is you're maid of honor and Jan is you're bridesmaid."

"I'll call her later," I whispered as I narrowed my eyes and parked the car in front of the Library.

"Are we going to rent a movie? Because I don't do library books," Cyrus said as he opened his door and stepped out.

"Just come on," I locked the car and began my way up the steps. "Is my brother happy, did mom say?"

"Dear," Cyrus said as he opened the door, letting me in first. "You're brother is so far pissed off he took an early flight to come and chew you out."

"You're kidding me?" I said wide eyed as I stopped in front of the Library doors.

"No," he laughed as he held his arms out, I whined as I looked around in shock before I hugged his chest, needing comfort and shelter from the realization.

I'm screwed.

"I'm so screwed," I whined as I pulled away and looked into his eyes. "He'll get onto me, he'll disown me, he'll even yell at me."

"No, no, no stop thinking that," Cyrus said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me farther into the Library, I put my hand to my face and whined like a two year old as I walked through the tables.

"Harper!" Someone yelled, I looked up and seen Sanders waving at me from the other side of the library, a guy beside him, in his mid-thirties, dark brown hair that hung down to his shoulders rather messily, looked at him like he was crazy.

"Dude? You know her?" I heard the other guy ask, he wasn't exactly whispering.

"Yeah," Sanders laughed as he pulled off a pair of thick rimmed glasses, they didn't look to bad on him, and he looked at the guy and walked over to me.

Didn't I throw those away?

"Hey," I said smiling as I hugged him, he smiled back hugging me and pulled away to look at Cyrus.

"Hey," Sanders said slowly as he held his hand out cautiously to my curious looking cousin.

"Oh!" I said shocked at my manners which where apparently missing. "This is my cousin Cyrus Raymes, Cyrus meet Sanders."

"Oh!" Cyrus said in shock as his eyes lit up. "This is Sanders! Dude it's nice to meet you."

"And cue the gushing," I said slowly and lowly as my cousin gushed at how much he had heard about him, sometimes I really wonder if he even liked women like he claimed.

He could like both women and men?

"So, you’re here for our wedding?" Sanders asked pointing to himself and then me.

"Right-O."

"He knows," I said as my cell phone ring tone began to blast 'Foreigner- Cold as ice'. "Excuse me it’s the mother from hell calling."

"She always does that?" Sanders asked as I walked away to the children's books isle.

"Dude she loves her mom but her mom is a complete bitch," Cyrus chuckled as he and Sanders walked off towards the librarian desk talking about the wedding scam.

"Hello?" I answered as I walked out to the steps of the library, after I realized the little children where staring at me in wonder of why I was staring at my phone in the kids section.

"Hello sweetie," mom said in an unusual happy voice, it was kind of like a chipmunk on acid meets Mrs. Brady from the Brady bunch.

"Hi mom, what can I do for you? I'm working," I said in an irritated tone, she sighed and I heard something fall.

"I have the guest list fixed out and the bridesmaids-"

"Mother, I thought I made it clear, it's my wedding so I make the invitations and I pick out who my bridesmaids are," I said as I stressed everything that meant me. "Please just let me plan it my way."

"But honey I just wanted to help you," she whined at my refusal.

"But mother its my wedding and I get to make my friends the bridesmaids not you're friends that you push on me like Natalie and Jan and Marie," I said in the same tone she used, she sighed heavily and I could tell she was irritated at how I was acting but I couldn't help it, she was annoying the hell out of me.

"Fine, fine you fix you're wedding, I'll just go over it and help you when you're done," she said as she scoffed loudly, making sure I got the idea of how irritated she was at me.

"Thank you mother," I said smiling to myself, as much as I wanted my mother to help me, she's to pushy and she has horrible taste, kind of like, she would make my dress so fluffy I wouldn't be able to see Sanders to kiss him.

"Alright darling, I love you bye," she said and hung up before I could return the favor.

"Yeah mom, love you too," I said sarcastically as I shut the phone and hummed to myself, psyching myself out for my mental confusion going around in my head.

Would it be too bad if I made Vanessa help me instead of my mom?--—Nah…

I quickly dialed Vanessa's phone number and waited through three rings before she answered, and let me tell you, she's not a morning person. "What do you want?"

My kind of answer.

"Hello sunshine, I need a favor," I laughed as I made myself sound ecstatic, just to annoy her.

"Tone down the happy level and I'll think about it," she said softly, I could just imagine her lying sprawled out in bed rubbing her face to wake up.

"Okay," I said as I dropped the attitude. "Want to help me make my wedding, I can't do this alone and I feel like I'm losing it, so will you help?"

"Absolutely," she said happily, completely different tone then seconds before when she sounded like she was ready to take a baseball bat to my noggin.

Bipolar but friendly.

"Well my mom tried to make it her wedding and I told her I would do it all and I kind of need yours and Elina's help if you don't mind," I said softly as I walked back into the library for warmth, it was getting kind of gusty outside. "I don't want to upset her at all, but she makes everything so complicated."

"Of course honey, I won't say anything to her either," she said and I knew she was happy.

"Thank you Nessa, if you want to meet me at my work in two hours, I have to start the design for my dress," I said and then stated in a whiney tone. "Getting married is hard."

"Yeah, but it's worth it," she laughed.

"Right," I said rolling my eyes. "I'll talk to you later, remember two hours."

"Alright, I'll see you then Harper," she said hanging up, I put the phone back in my jean pocket and leaned over the table that Sanders and Cyrus were at, Cyrus was explaining something about Food coloring and monkeys.

"What are you two doing?"

"Talking about when you were a baby," Cyrus giggled and leaned up in my face, I glared as I punched him in the arm, idiot. "Ow damn it!"

"I told you to knock it off," I said as I continued to glare at him then I turned to Sanders with a smile. "So, having fun talking about my childhood?"

"She's also bipolar but they haven't diagnosed her yet," Cyrus added lowly as he leaned towards Sanders like he was being quiet.

"I will hurt you in you're sleep," I glared at him as I pointed to his face and then back to Sanders again. "We need to go; my mother is expecting an original design for the wedding dress."

"Do you have to design the grooms?" Cyrus asked as he walked around the desk.

"Yes."

"Any ideas?"

"Um…" I thought about it for a second. "All white since it’s a white wedding."

"Nice," Cyrus said nodding his head at Sanders and I both, obviously not very impressed.

~*~*~*~*~

"I think it should be somewhat like this," Vanessa said as she handed me her sketch. Elina, Vanessa and I were making sketches of what we thought the dress should look like, so far it was a bomb, Vanessa's was knee length with a strange netting that laid over the satin that looked like fishnet, it was shaped like a cocktail dress that had been ripped by a bear claw or something sharp and lethal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harper and Elina

COMMENT!!