Status: Completed

Consume Me Like a Fire

Playing Hooky.

“Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away;
and all the things I want to say can find no voice.
Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.”
~Robert Sexton


Shiloh woke up with the feeling of Spencer’s arms wrapped around her from behind. She was warm and cozy; the last thing she wanted to do was get up… Shiloh slowly turned around in Spencer’s hold so she could face him. He was fast asleep with his mouth slightly open.

Shiloh glanced up at his closed eyes before slowly leaning forward and softly pressing her lips to his. Spencer unconsciously kissed her back which caused her to giggle. The sound caused Spencer to slowly open his eyes and blink owlishly at her. He pulled back and grinned at her.

“That’s a nice way to wake up,” he whispered and pulled her body closer to him. His lack of sleep seemed to give him extra confidence. Spencer glanced over his shoulder and at the clock on his nightstand. He groaned and buried his head in the crook of Shiloh’s neck.

“I don’t want to go to work…” he grumbled. His warm breath tickled Shiloh’s neck.

“I don’t feel like going to class…” she replied with a grin. Spencer looked up at her with a knowing look.

“Sick day?” he questioned already reaching for his phone. Shiloh nodded and watched Spencer call in.

“Hey Morgan, it’s me.”

“No, I wanted to let you know that I'm not coming in today. I came down with some kind of stomach bug; not pretty,” he said faking sick. Shiloh could barely hear the man on the other end.

“No, you don’t have to come over. I’m just going to try to sleep it off. Tell Hotch for me, okay?” he asked. The two of them said goodbye and Shiloh watched Spencer toss his phone back on the nightstand.

“Should we go back to sleep now?” he asked with a yawn. Shiloh simply nodded and cuddled back into the FBI agent so she could go back to sleep.

~*~

Spencer woke up and saw that he had slept for 3 hours since calling in sick. He reached out for Shiloh but found her side of the bed empty. Jerking into a sitting position, he looked around the room but she was nowhere to be found. Spencer threw the covers off him and bolted out of his room looking for the blonde.

“Shiloh?” he called into his house.

“In here!” Spencer sighed in relief and followed her voice into the kitchen where he found her cooking something on the stove. The mess he had made last night was now cleaned up and his kitchen looked organized.

“Did you clean?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, I wanted to cook something, but there were pots and pans covering the stove. Once I started washing them, I ended up cleaning everything,” she laughed and moved back so Spencer could see what she was cooking.

“Omelets? You know, they originated with one of the first civilizations; Mesopotamia which was in the Ancient Near East. A.k.a. the Middle East. It's one of the oldest dishes around,” Spencer explained as he looked at the folded eggs in the frying pan.

“There’s my Spencer,” Shiloh laughed and grabbed two plates. She moved the omelets onto their plates and added freshly chopped vegetables on top.

“Bon appetite!” Spencer led Shiloh over to his kitchen island and they sat on the bar stools to eat.

“So are you missing anything important at work today?” Shiloh asked.

“No, we just closed a case a few days ago so we have a break until the next one. Unless something major comes up, we won’t be leaving until next week,” Spencer said after he swallowed his bite. Spencer lost himself in thought and was only pulled out of it by Shiloh’s sweet voice.

“Spence, are you done?” she asked reaching for his plate. Spencer looked down and saw that he had eaten all the food.

“Oh uh yeah. Here let me help with the dishes. You cleaned up my mess after all,” he smiled and felt the butterflies reappearing as they washed the plates together. Shiloh scrubbed them with soapy water and Spencer dried them and put them away. He’d been wanting to ask Shiloh something for a while now, but he can't ever make himself man up enough to ask it.

“It’s gotten chilly… Look how thick the snow is,” Shiloh said rubbing her arms while looking out at the deep snow outside the kitchen window.

“I’ll go start a fire,” Spencer said and lit a fire in the fireplace. Shiloh grabbed a blanket off the couch and wrapped it around herself when she sat down. Spencer chuckled at her before moving her forward a little so he could sit behind her. Shiloh yawned and leaned back against his chest. Spencer turned on the news but kept the volume low enough that they could still talk.

“Shiloh, there’s something that I want to ask you,” Spencer said softly in her ear as he rested his chin on her shoulder. This was it! He had to do it; it was now or never…

“Hm?” she hummed glancing at him from the corner of her eye. Spencer gulped before continuing.

“I uh I was wondering if you would l-like to be my girlfriend. Like officially… but you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I mean we’ve only been seeing each other for a few weeks and I'm not even sure if those have been considered dates. Do we need to go on more dates before we become offi—“ Spencer was finally cut off when Shiloh kissed him gently.

“Spence, I would love to be your girlfriend,” she smiled at him. Spencer was hypnotized by her, but he managed to shake it off and sigh in relief. He tightened his arms around her slender figure and pulled her closer.

“You make me so nervous,” he grumbled and kissed her shoulder.

“I hope that’s a good thing,” Shiloh laughed lightly.

“It most definitely is,” Spencer said kissing her again and muting the TV so they wouldn’t have any distractions. But by doing that, they missed out on the urgent bulletin that came on. The FBI was being pulled into a new case in Quantico. There have already been two murders…

~*~

“JJ, are you sure about this?” Hotchner asked looking at the blonde. She nodded and handed her boss the folder.

“The two victims were killed with the same MO and notes were left behind at the scenes. Both were very broad, but the main message was that revenge was being sought…” JJ explained.

“Call everyone to the meeting room…” JJ nodded and walked out of the office before rethinking about it and going back to see Hotch.

“What about Reid? He’s out sick today.”

“We can fill him in tomorrow, but give him a call and let him know what’s going on,” he replied and started gathering his things. JJ nodded and went to gather everyone else. She walked over to the railing that overlooked the bullpen.

“Meeting in 5,” she announced and went to set up the room.

Derek looked over at Emily who just shrugged her shoulders and grabbed her phone before walking with him to the meeting room. Rossi met up with them.

“We already have another case? That was faster than usual,” Emily commented as they walked. Rossi and Derek nodded.

“Yeah and Boy Wonder is missing it. He better get over his stomach bug by tomorrow. We need him here,” Derek said. Penelope rushed past them and urged them forward.

“C’mon guys, this is a pretty important one!” she said and went into the room to set up the iPads with the case information. JJ was on the phone when the rest of the team walked in.

“No, Spence, it’s fine. We’re only going over information today and setting up at the police station. You’ll have plenty of time to catch up tomorrow once you’re better. Yes I’m sure, see you tomorrow,” JJ laughed a little and hung up. Derek was going to text Spencer about the new case but it looked like JJ beat him to that.

“Okay guys, we have a big problem…” JJ said gravely once everyone was seated and waiting with their iPads.

“We have limited information, but this is what we have… Two men who worked covert operations were killed recently. Their names were Jeremy Wolff and Sean McCallister. The higher ups won’t give us any specifics on their past missions but we know that they worked in a team for most of them. The CIA is also looking into this, but we have been asked to step in and try to profile their killer before they attack any more covert agents. The unsub obviously knows what they do for a living and he was able to kill both men here in Quantico…” JJ kept filling them in and showed pictures of the victims.

Emily felt like throwing up… Her body tensed and she slowly looked down at her phone. She went to her recent text messages and opened one from yesterday.

Emily, it’s really important that we meet soon. Something is going down and it looks bad. Call me as soon as you can. –Sean

Emily closed her eyes slowly and tried to get a hold of her emotions before the team noticed something was off. They were some of the best profilers in the country for a reason. She took a calming breath and left the room with everyone else.

“Hey, Prentiss. Are you staying here or heading to the station to set up?” Derek asked as he grabbed his wallet to stick it in his pocket.

“I’m gonna stay here a while longer and look over the case again. I’ll try to come up with something and meet you there later,” she answered and chewed on the end of her thumb. She noticed Derek’s suspicious look and slowly dropped her hand and smiled at him.

“Okay… I’ll call you later,” he said and left with Rossi and Hotch. JJ stayed behind along with Penelope to get a headstart on the case. Emily wanted to focus, but all she could think about was how Sean and Jeremy were now dead. She needed to call Tsia… There was only one man out there that could want to kill her old team mates… Ian Doyle.

IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE! PLEASE READ :D
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I'm totally going off script with season 6. That's not how Emily's old team died or how the BAU got involved, but I'm changing it so that it fits my plot(: