Status: Completed

Consume Me Like a Fire

Lunch Surprise.

“A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept.” ~Carlos Ruiz Zafón

“Emily, what’s wrong?” Spencer asked softly. The brunette spun around in shock. She quickly got back in control of her body after the small surprise.

“What do you mean?” she asked as calmly as possible. The rest of the team was silently watching them.

“You’ve been biting your nails which you do when you're nervous, you’re jumpy and have been out of character. When we identified Tsia’s body, you threw up… What’s going on?” Spencer asked carefully. Emily frowned and looked at her family.

“This case is personal…” she muttered. Derek and Aaron looked at each other before they urged her to continue.

“What do you mean?” Derek asked.

“Tsia, Sean and Jeremy were my teammates. We were on a covert team called JTF-12.”

“Prentiss, why didn’t you tell us?” Aaron asked feeling disappointed and slightly betrayed. His own subordinate was withholding information from them…

“The man doing this is evil and powerful. He’ll try to use you guys against me if he knows you found out who he is…” Emily tried to explain.

“What’s his name, Emily?” Garcia asked already getting her search engine going.

“Ian Doyle,” she breathed and closed her eyes. Garcia’s fingers typed away furiously and she gasped quietly at the results.

“Ian Doyle. Age 48. Former captain of the IRA. Arrested by team JTF-12 and sentenced to life imprisonment at Camp 22 in North Korea. However, he managed to escape 8 days ago…” Garcia read aloud. Spencer closed his eyes and sighed. They were dealing with an international terrorist…

~*~

Star Wars music filled the room and Shiloh looked around for her phone. Spencer normally didn’t call her during the middle of the day because of his work.

“Hello?”

“Hey Shiloh, it’s me,” he said quickly.

“Oh? Who is me?” she teased on the other end. Spencer chuckled deeply.

“Just your boyfriend. Nobody too important…” he trailed off.

“Oh! My boyfriend. Hi Spencer! What're you up to?” she asked glancing at her clock. It was a little past noon, and she was done with her classes for the day.

“Actually, I'm in the elevator in the building with Derek. He wants to have lunch with you,” Spencer said as fast as possible.

“Good timing, I’m making a sandwich. I’ll make you two some too. The door is unlocked,” she replied and grabbed the ingredients for more sandwiches.

“I can tell,” Spencer whispered, but Shiloh shivered feeling his breath on her neck. She smirked and hung up her phone to turn around. She wrapped her arms around Spencer’s neck and pecked him on the lips.

“Are you trying to scare me?” she asked sweetly.

“Well, maybe you shouldn’t leave your front door unlocked. Someone else could have come in besides me,” he lectured lightly but smiled.

“Hm, I’ll keep that in mind. Hi Derek,” she greeted and let go of Spencer to give the other man a hug.

“I was just about to make you guys something. Do you have any preferences?” she asked as she started cooking. Both the guys told her what they wanted and soon where were all sitting at her small dining table eating.

“So, is the case getting any better?”Shiloh asked.

“No, it got so much more complicated, but we’re getting closer,” Spencer filled her in and took a big bite. He loved it when Shiloh cooked for him even if it was just a sandwich.

“At least you're getting somewhere. Do you know who your unsub is?” she asked. Derek laughed.

“Wonder boy, you're teaching her the lingo?” he asked hearing her say unsub. Spencer blushed a little.

“We’re around each other a lot. She’s bound to catch on,” Spencer grumbled not wanting Derek to pick on him in front of Shiloh. Shiloh just laughed at their antics and kept eating.

“To answer your question, we have a general idea of who it is. The hard part is locating and arresting him. He’s good at evading the authorities,” Derek explained. Shiloh frowned at that.

“You guys are dedicated to keep a job where you have to deal with this kind of stuff daily,” she said.

“I just stick around because they would be lost without my geniusness,” Spencer gloated jokingly. Derek smacked him on the back of the head. Shiloh watched them bicker back and forth. All three of them kept chatting all through their lunch break. It was almost one when Spencer helped Shiloh wash the dishes.

“Wow, Shiloh, you made Reid look domesticated… I've never seen him wash dishes…” Derek said in awe. Shiloh laughed and kissed Spencer’s cheek when she saw him blush.

“Women have to train their men early on,” she joked and walked the two men to the door. Derek went into the hall and waited for his teammate. He watched how the two interacted with each other.

“Call me when you get off tonight, okay?” Shiloh said softly. Spencer nodded and pulled her into a hug. They shared a small kiss before she nudged him along.

“Don’t get into too much trouble at the office,” she called as they walked towards the elevator. Derek watched Spencer smile widely the whole way back. The effects a woman can have on a man…

~*~

Ian listened to the transmission one more time.

”…we have a general idea of who it is. The hard part is locating and arresting him…”

Ian smirked and cracked his knuckles. Looks like Emily finally cracked and told her team about him. Time to put his next plan into action.

“Marc! Is everything in order for phase 2?” Ian asked as he strode across the room to where some of his men were sitting.

“Yeah, we finished setting everything up this morning,” Marc replied. Ian smiled again and looked at his watch.

“How about we go pay a visit to our guest of honor?” he asked and watched as his men smiled with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah it's short... and a filler... Sorry I'm having a writer's block. But there will be more action in the next chapter. Comment to motivate me lol. (: