Status: Completed

Consume Me Like a Fire

The End.

**Important author’s note at the bottom about possible sequel**

Two Years Later

November 11, 2012

“Thank you guys! See you next time!” Shiloh called after the customers that were leaving with their cupcakes. She turned back around and smiled at her partner in crime, Haleigh. They managed to open up their own bakery a couple of months ago and so far things were going well.

“So any plans with your man tonight?” Haleigh asked now that the shop was empty except the two owners.

“Spencer said he has a surprise for me so I’m going to cook us dinner. I don’t know if it’s a big surprise or not. Sometimes he likes to find an old book and surprise me with it,” Shiloh laughed, reaching back to retie her apron that was becoming loose.

“Isn't your two year anniversary coming up?” Haleigh asked from her position on the barstool in front of the cash register.

“It’s tomorrow. I can’t believe two years have gone by…” Shiloh trailed off in thought but quickly recovered when more customers walked in. She and Haleigh could pick up their conversation again later.

~*~

Shiloh unlocked the door to her and Spencer’s bungalow with one hand and turned on the light in the foyer, her other hand preoccupied with a cake box. She brought home one of the left over cheesecakes from the bakery to have with the dinner she was making for her and Spencer.

Shiloh closed the door behind her and walked into the kitchen to put the cake in the refrigerator. She pulled off her coat and scarf and hung them up on the coat rack behind the front door. Her phone started playing Star Wars and knew it was her boyfriend calling her.

“Hey, Spence.”

“Hey, are you home yet?” He asked on the other end.

“Yeah, I just walked in. Are you getting close to leaving?” Shiloh asked as she opened the fridge to start getting ingredients out for their dinner.

“No, I’m running a little late. That’s why I called you. Derek roped me into helping him with a few of his reports. I’m leaving in half an hour. Is that okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, that gives me time to make dinner. Tell Derek I said hello,” Shiloh laughed, knowing how notorious Derek was for giving his workload to the other team members.

“I will. I’ll see you soon, love you.”

“I love you too. Be careful on your way home,” Shiloh said and they hung up. She set out everything she needed to make oven roasted salmon and sautéed veggies. She quickly got the fish ready and put those in the oven before moving to work on the rest of the meal. She prepared a quick salad while the veggies were cooking. Shiloh looked at their small wine rack and pulled out a white moscato to chill on ice.

Shiloh had just taken the fish out of the oven when she heard Spencer unlock the front door and walk in. He took his coat off and walked into the kitchen, a wide smile adorning his face when he saw his girlfriend cooking. Shiloh giggled at his bright red nose and rosy cheeks. She leaned up and gave him a sweet kiss.

“Welcome home.”

“I’m happy to be home. Something smells good in here,” Spencer complimented.

“Dinner is almost ready. Go get comfy in the dining room,” Shiloh ordered and pushed him out of the room. Spencer laughed and did as he was told. He saw the salad on the table and the wine. Spencer uncorked the bottle and poured some into the glasses set aside. He sat down and patted his pocket in reassurance. His nerves were slowly getting to him, but he took a deep breath and forced himself to relax.

“Okay! All ready!” Shiloh called and walked into the room with two plates full of fish and veggies. The two began eating their dinner and conversing about their days like they normally did during dinner. Before he knew it, Spencer’s plate was clean and Shiloh was clearing the table.

“I brought home a cheesecake. Let me got get it out of the fridge,” She said as she took their plates into the kitchen. It was now or never. Spencer reached into his pocket and pulled out the small velvet box. He placed it on the table next to Shiloh’s wine glass and waited for her to walk back in.

“It’s only original cheesecake so if you want some strawberries, I can cut some to go with it,” Shiloh explained as she brought a couple of slices into the room with her.

“This is fine. Do you want some more wine?” Spencer asked smoothly. Shiloh set the cake slices down and glanced at her wine glass to see how much she had left. Her eyes zoned in on the small box, her confused eyes meeting Spencer’s. He just smiled at her. Shiloh carefully picked up the unmarked box and opened the lid.

Inside was a simple diamond ring sparkling up at her. Tears prickled in Shiloh’s eyes before she looked up at Spencer to confirm what she was thinking.

“Will you marry me?” He asked, feeling nervous again.

“Y-Yes!” Shiloh exclaimed and handed the box to Spencer. He grinned and quickly took the ring out to put on Shiloh’s finger. Once it was in place, the blonde promptly threw her arms around her now fiancé and kissed him.

“When you said you had a surprise, I didn’t think it would be a proposal,” Shiloh laughed when she finally released the FBI agent.

“Well I didn’t want to be cliché and do it on our anniversary,” He smirked.

“Yeah, so the day before is much more practical,” Shiloh joked.

“Exactly,” Spencer replied going in for another kiss.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it was short and sweet and now it's over. I have a sequel of sorts in the making, but it isn't centered around Spencer and Shiloh. It's more of a spinoff and continues with this timeline. I've put a lot of time and effort into planning it out. It's about Derek Morgan and my character, Lacey. I've created the layout for the story, and I've put up the story info. http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/555935/All-Of-Me/ I'm not ready to post chapters just yet, but I'll keep everyone updated. It shouldn't be too long.