Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

Even Angels Fall

“But?” I questioned her pause.

“You’re pregnant. If you aren’t in too big of a hurry, I would like to do an ultrasound to see how far along you are. You‘re hCG levels are really high.” My jaw dropped and a breath escaped my lips. For a minute I forgot to breathe. Zack and I were already having enough problem and now we were bringing another life into the chaos?

“Hey? Are you ok?” I hadn’t noticed but David was now at my side rubbing my back. I simply nodding starting to breathe again.

“If you can follow me.” The doctor said standing. “We can go get that ultrasound and make sure the baby is healthy.” She started to walk out of the room leaving me sitting there in complete shock. After a minute I snapped out of it and David helped me off the table not taking his hands off my back until we were in the room across the hall incase I fainted.

“Are you sure?” Were the first words I’d said in ten minutes.

“We’ll find out here in a minute.” She said turning the machine on. “Can I get you to lift your shirt and slide your skirt down?” I complied before she squirted the cold gel on my stomach.

“It’s ok.” David said making me realize I had a death grip on his hand. The doctor pushed the probe on my stomach thinning the gel into an even layer.

“Would you mind pulling your skirt down lower?” A confused look was on her face. I wiggled it down further. “When was your last period Danni?” She was still looking at the screen.

“A few weeks ago.” I shook my head still trying to break David’s hand. What would I say? I was terrified.

“That’s not possible. You’re about 13 weeks along. You’re carrying really low but that may change. I’m concerned you haven’t gained a single pound.” She squeezed more gel onto my stomach another confused look on her face. I gripped tighter onto David. She was worrying the hell out of me. “Then again you are a really active person.” She put the probe back between my hip bones.

“What’s that?” I asked as there was a thumping noise.

“That is your heartbeat. And there is the baby’s.” Another faster thumping filled the room. “And that would be a third heartbeat.” She said surprised as another thumping noise emanated from the machine.

“Third?” David looked as confused as me.

“Yes.” She moved the wand around more until she found what she was looking for. “Right there. You’re having twins.” She smiled warmly at me. My hand flew to my face as the room started to spin. Zack and I weren’t bringing another life into this world. We were bringing two. “You are going to have to gain some weight. And I’m going to say stop working out until either they move up or you have them. They are dangerously low. Running and swimming are fine. Absolutely no lifting of more that 10 pounds. I‘m going to set your due date November 16th. Luck for you your symptoms should subside soon.” She spoke as she moved the thing around freezing at some spots to take still frames.

“Think I’m going to puke.” I said as I left my stomach turn. The older lady waved something under my nose and the urge subsided. She finished the exam and handed me some papers.

“This is everything you need to know. You symptoms should subside in a few weeks if not sooner. I want you to come back in 2 weeks and see Dr. Evans. She’ll be your doctor for the rest of the pregnancy. She was my ob. She’s the best. My cell number is on that top piece of paper. Call me if you have any questions or you feel something is wrong. Oh and here are the ultrasound pictures.” She handed me a long strip of paper that had the images on it. I nodded before David and Pierre took me out to the car.

“What’s wrong?” Pierre asked. The shock must have still been on my face.

“Any objections to being an uncle?” David asked buckling me into the passenger seat.

“Not like I have a say in it. How far along?” He asked getting in the back seat.

“13 weeks.” I mumbled and stared at the cell phone in my hand.

“When are you going to tell Zack?” David asked as I bit my lip.

“I want to tell him in person. Think you would be up to making a trip this weekend? I don’t want to go alone.”

“Sure thing.” He smiled over at me. I flipped my phone open and punched in a number.

“Hey buttercup.” I heard my dad say from the other end of the line.

“Hey Dad. I need to meet up with you in person. Meet me at Ben’s in half an hour?”

“Sure thing. It might be a bit longer, though. I’m in the middle of buying some stuff. It won’t be over an hour. I love you.”

“I love you too Daddy.” I hung up. “Hey go to the shop.” I said to David who then turned left. I folded the ultrasound pictures and slid them into my purse the shock wearing off. We arrived about 15 minutes later.

“Hey Danni, You’re not supposed to be in today.” Ben said looking up from his magazine behind the counter.

“I know. I came to get my nose pierced. David wants his done too.”

“Alright. It’s a slow day anyway. Are you doing his or am I?” He asked looking David up and down.

“I will. I enjoy inflicting pain.” I watched worry flash on David’s face. “Oh don’t worry. I’ll go first just to prove it doesn’t hurt.” I laughed. I’d gotten my industrial done with Jimmy a few months ago and I don’t think anything could hurt more than the healing process of that.

“Alright. Hop up on the table.” Ben said once we were in the room after we‘d signed the forms. I did as instructed as I watched him grab a sterile needle and jewelry. He put some A and D onto the lap cloth and set the needle in it once taking it out of the package and putting gloves on. “So what did the doctor say?” He asked marking the right side of my nose.

“I’ll tell you later after I get to talk to my dad.” I looked in the mirror and nodded indicating I like were it was.

“So What made you decide on today to get your nose done?” He asked laying me back in the chair. I pointed at David before turning my head to the left and having the tongs applied. “Peer pressure huh?” He shoved the needle into my flesh at the same moment I laughed causing blood to spray the wall.

“Look what you did.” I pointed to the wall after he put a piece of cork on the end and pulled the tongs off.

“You’re cleaning it.” He smiled and replaced the needle with the ring. He put the ball in place and pulled me up. I grabbed some paper towels and cleaner before scrubbing the wall to get my blood off as Ben set up for me to do David’s.

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing?” David’s voice wavered slightly as I started to mark his nose after putting gloves on and cleaned the area. Ben had set all new gear out for me while I wiped down the wall.

“She’s good. She had it all down with in 2 weeks. She’s actually the best in the shop. And she picked up on the tattoos really quick too.” Ben said from beside me watching everything I did.

“David shut up and grow a pair.” I handed him a mirror and let him check it out. “I just had mine done and didn’t feel it at all.”

“Well you’re kind of mental.” He gave me a look but smiled and handed me the mirror.

“Shut up and lay down.” He laid down and turned his head to the left so I would be able to pierce him. I grabbed the tong and placed them on his nose. I grabbed the needle. “Ready. One… Two…” I shoved the needle through. “Three.” He shot my a glare through watered eyes.

“Didn’t feel it my ass.” He blinked a few times as I pulled the tongs off and capped the needle.

“Pansy.” Pierre said from the doorway where he had been leaning the entire time. I laughed as I ran the ring through the new hole following the needle through. I placed the ball in it and cleaned up the excess blood.

“Hey princess.” My dad said walking into the room as I pulled my gloves off.

“Hey Daddy.” I smiled and washed my hands.

“What’d you need to talk about?” He asked as the three other men left the room.

“Well you know how you always wanted grandkids?” I gave him a weak smile which slightly hurt due to the new hole in my nose.

“That was your mother.” He gave me a knowing smile.

“Well you’re going to be a grandpa.” I laughed.

“No!! I just turned 39!” He joked before pulling me into a hug. “Congratulations. How did Zack take it?”

“I haven’t told him yet. I’m going to go to the show this Friday and tell him. Want to see?” I asked grabbing my purse off the counter and pulling the pictures out.

“Wait… You’re having twins? And you’re this far along? Sweetie, you’re too thin for these to be yours.” He said looking them over.

“I’m carrying really low. I should start putting on weight really soon. Doctor isn’t too worried.” He pulled me into a hug.

“I’m going to be a grandfather at 39.” He said in disbelief.

“Well Dad you were 19 when you had me. I’m due November 16th.”

“That’ll give me enough time to buy everything and set it up.” He laughed. “You don’t know the sex do you?”

“Not yet. I will in a few weeks. So don’t go buying anything until I know.” I gave him a warning look the best I could from his embrace.

“Can’t promise anything.” He just smiled and let me go.

“Yay!” Ben said spinning me around as we walked into the lobby of the shop. “Hey Howard, you think we can turn the back room into a nursery room?” He asked my dad.

“If you want to.” My dad looked down at me. I shrugged.

“Let me at least tell my husband before we going doing all sorts of crazy shit ok? I think he deserves a say in this.” I laughed.

“Well when he’s on tour he doesn’t get a choice. I want to see them daily.” Ben laughed. “I’ll watch them while you work.” He looked hopeful.

“We’ll see. We still have 6 months to get everything together.” I rolled my eyes just before my phone went off. I really regret giving the number out now. I don’t like being bothered all the time. “Hello?” The slight agitation must have been evident because of the looks David and my dad gave me.

“Hey sweetie. I was wondering if you’d mind watching Demi for a bit while we get everything moved?” My mom asked from the other side of the line. Aaron had received a job in Santa Monica with twice the pay as he and my mother were making combine.

“Sure. Want me to keep her for a day or two so you can get unpacked?” I offered. I loved my little sister to death.

“That would be amazing.” I could hear her smile. “Can I bring her over now?”

“Well I’m at the shop so I’ll drop by and pick her up. Oh, Zack got me a puppy, that won’t be a problem will it?” I didn’t want to put the 10 month old around Nyx unless Mom was ok with it.

“That’s fine. Just don’t let it eat her.” She laughed.

“I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” I said before hanging up.

“You got a puppy?” My dad raised an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah. I got a black lab because Zack felt bad for leaving to go on tour again.” I smiled. “I’ve got to go get Demi so Mom and Aaron can move. I love you Daddy.” I hugged him.

“Take care of yourself. I love you too.” He handed me my purse after placing the pictures back in it.

“Keep me updated!” Ben called as David, Pierre, and I left the shop. I nodded and waved before hopping in the car. My phone went off again.

“Hello?” I was sick as answering this thing. I had fallen in the bad habit of not looking to see who it was either.

“Hey baby.” All irritation at my phone disappeared when I heard Zack’s voice.

“How did the doctor’s appointment go?”

“I’ll be fine. I should get better in a week or so.” I didn’t lie but this was something that he shouldn’t hear over the phone.

“That’s good. And your license?”

“I’ll have it by the time your home.” We talked all the way to my mom’s house before he had to go for sound check.

“I guess I’m staying at the house to watch the dog while you two go to see him?” Pierre asked as we pulled up next to the curb; the moving truck was in the driveway.

“If you don’t mind.”

“Huge house to myself? I think I’ll live.” He laughed. We got out and started to cross the yard when I heard Zina’s voice.

“Hey. I smiled and waved to her before walking over. “What are you doing home?” I asked once I was on their front porch.

“Finished early. How’s being the wife of a rock star treating you?” She laughed.

“Sucks. I miss him. But he did get me a puppy to keep me company.” No one needed to know I was carrying his children until I got a chance to tell him. I knew the guys, Dad, and Ben wouldn’t tell.

“He’ll be home soon.” She hugged me. “You should come to dinner with us.”

“I can’t. David and Pierre are in town and I’m watching Demi while Mom moves. Sorry.” I gave her a sympathetic smile.

“It’s fine. We’ll just have to come over and have dinner in the mansion one night.” She laughed again. I smiled and nodded before I heard my mom calling for me.

“I have to go. Tell everyone I said hi.” I said starting back across the yard. “Hey mom.” I said once I was in the house. There were boxes everywhere and 2 large men starting to carry them out.

I’d gotten a positive reaction from my mom when I told her about the pregnancy. She promised to keep it to herself until Zack could tell his family, not that she was close to them anyway. Aaron had made sure she had no friends and I could tell he was starting to take his anger out on her but I know she would rather it be her than Demi. Mom came and got Demi Thursday night after Chase had arrived. Ben had signed off on my license earlier that day. I was officially able to tattoo and pierce without him over my shoulder; it only took a year.

“Come on Sleeping Beauty. You can go back to sleep in the car.” Chase said picking me up from my bed leaving Nyx to whimper at my absence. David quickly pick her up and left the room as Chase took me to the car. I was back asleep within minutes of being in the car.

“Where are we?” I asked stretching.

“Flagstaff.” Chase replied turning the radio down. “Are you hungry? We were about to pull over.”

“Sounds good. How long have we been traveling? 7 hours?”

“5 actually.” Chase smiled back as me as we pulled off an exit.

“No one’s pulled you over?” I laughed. We quickly ate before returning to Chase’s 2001 Hummer and fueling up. I decided to drive the rest of the to let Chase get some sleep after changing into a pair of Z’s jeans and a tank top. I was starting to have trouble buttoning my jeans due to the weight I was starting to gain; it may have only been 4 pounds but that’s enough to make my pants really tight. David and I talked for the remaining 4 hours; it should have taken about 5 and a half.

“Dude, we’re here.” David started shaking Chase in the back seat. It was about 4 pm and the guys should be done with sound check. Zack had called about 2 hours ago but still had no idea I was going to show up.

“I’m up.” He sat up and looked around.

“Come on.” I got out of the car and started to walk over to the open gate. I could see the vans of the bands sitting in the blocked off parking lot.

“Can I help you?” The large man standing at the gate asked.

“I’m with Avenged Sevenfold.” I smiled up at him. He just put his hand up.

“I don’t think so.” He looked me up and down.

“I’m married to the guitarist.” I held my left hand up. “My name is Danni Baker, as in Zack Baker’s wife.” Chase and David had joined my now.

“Look, I get a lot of girls trying to get backstage. You’ll say anything to get to meet the band.” Just as he said this I saw Jimmy walking out of the door that led into the club right by the gate.

“Jimmy! Tell this meathead to let me in.” Jimmy spun on his heels to face me before shoving past the guard.

“Gummy Worm! What are you doing here?” He said picking me up.

“Surprise visit? I got my license yesterday and I have some news to tell Zack so I figured why not just show up.” He set me down.

“What news?” He asked waving to the guys as he led us through the gate and inside.

“I have to tell Zack first.” I smiled.

“What do you have to tell Zack?” Val asked popping out of nowhere. “Oh! Danni!” She jumped on me realizing it was me.

“I’ll let you guys know after I tell him.” I laughed.

“You’re getting fat on us.” Jason said poking my stomach.

“It’s from lack of Zack. She gained a little bit last time we went on tour too.” Sanders said joining our group.

“I have to admit he’s right. It’s lack of sex that making me gain weight.” I laughed. “I didn’t think it was noticeable.”

“You don’t look so stick like so yeah, it is.” Jason said still picking on me.

“Hey guys why are you all standing around?” Brian called from a few feet away before Jimmy and Matt stepped apart allowing Brian to see why everyone was gathered.

“Hey Bri.” Was all I got out before he pulled me into a bear hug.

“Why didn’t you tell us you were coming?!?! I’d have had you bake cookies.” He laughed releasing me from the death grip.

“I wanted to surprise you.” I smiled and caught sight of Matt Berry and Justin who quickly joined our group.

“Has anyone seen Z? I need to talk to him.” I asked once everyone was done greeting me.

“I think he’s out taking a nap in the bus.” Justin said. “He’s been taking naps before the shows lately.”

“Well if you’ll excuse me, I must go find my husband.” I smiled before slipping out of the building leaving the group to talk to Chase and David. I quickly spotted their van and saw it moving slightly. As I drew closer I could see it shaking more and I heard a female’s voice moan. The movement and noise didn’t stop as I moved closer. I opened the door quickly.