Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

Something Beautiful

“Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep…” The stead noise filled my ears as the events that led me here crashed into my mind. I heard a baby crying faintly, but as I came to it got louder. My hand found its way to my almost flat stomach before I started to panic. My breathing got heavier in fear as I opened my eyes.

“Good morning Mama.” David said from the foot of my bed. I was confused for a moment before I noticed a wad of blankets in his arm. “You've been out for almost week. We were getting worried.” He said sitting on my left side leaning down so I could see the tiny crying body in his arms.

“Are they ok?” I asked trying to sit up. I was groggy as hell but that didn't matter; I needed to know if everyone else was ok.

“They are fine.” He smiled tapping the baby on it's nose.

“Who?” I asked looking at it.

“You never told me what names you decided on, but this is the little boy.” He smiled at me before noticing the panic in my eyes. “She's fine too. They have her in the nursery under warming lights. Her body temperature was a little low.” He calmed me. “Want to hold him?” I nodded before taking the small life I'd created. He looked exactly like his father.

“When?” I looked up at my best friend as the baby quieted.

“He was born October 22nd at 11:58 pm. He weighted 4 pounds and 6 ounces which is good for being a month early.” I looked up at him expectantly. “October 23rd at 12:03 am. 4 pounds even. Both are as healthy as can be.”

“Hey, you're awake.” Pierre said walking in with Demi in his arms. I looked at him before realizing I hadn't asked how my mother was doing.

“David?” I looked to him for the answer.

“I'm sorry.” He said pulling me into a hug careful not to crush the new born. I understood what he meant; she didn't make it. Tears rolled down my face as Pierre took a seat on the other side of my with my 15 month old sister who was fast asleep.

“Aaron?” I asked my teeth gritted.

“Don't you remember?” David looked at Pierre for a second before turning his attention back to me.

“Everything was fuzzy. I didn't see if I hit him.” I wiped at my eyes.

“Right between the eyes.” He said a small smile on his lips. It was bittersweet; the bastard was finally dead but he'd taken my mother with him.

“Funeral?” I looked down at my sleeping son.

“Yesterday. We didn't think you'd wake up today. I'm sorry.” Pierre said rubbing my arm.

“What about her?” I asked looking at my little sister.

“You were listed on the will as her god mother.” Pierre was talking softly. I just nodded happy she wouldn't be going to Aaron's family.

“Dude, watch it!” Chuck yelled right before a loud crash from the hall way.

“I'm so sorry!” Seb said. The other members of Simple Plan and Chase entered the room a few moments later.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them.

“You're awake!” Jeff said bouncing to my side.

“Lay off the coffee.” A nurse said pushing a cart into the room. “Hello Annie. I'm Rebecca, your nurse.” She introduced herself. “How are you feeling?”

“Ok, just tired.”

“No pain?” I looked at her confused before noticing that the top of my right arm was bandaged.

“No. I didn't realize it.” I shrugged with my son safely against my chest.

“I'm going to need to look at the incisions and change the dressing on your wounds, so if you men wouldn't mind stepping out to give us some privacy?” She looked at the guys before they all headed to the door.

“I'll bring him right back.” David smiled taking my oldest, well Demi was mine now too so he wasn't really my oldest. He exited the room after the rest of the guys did.

“How are you holding up emotionally?” She asked unwrapping my arm.

“Ok, I guess. My mother and I went too close but it still hurts.” She nodded.

“This is looking great.” She started cleaning it. “I'm sorry for your loss, though.” She gave me a smile of sympathy. “I know how hard it can be. I just lost my mom a few months ago.” She started it rewrap it.

“Do you know when she passed away?”

“About 10 minutes before your son was born.” She finished the bandaging. “Now for the one on your stomach.” She said moving the blankets.

“What?”

“Oh sweetie you had a cesarean. You lost a lot of blood and the doctor didn't want to chance anything. You actually went into labor after passing out.” I nodded slowly understanding. “I'm going to remove the staples. It may hurt a bit.” She said lifting the gown. She removed the staples without me feeling a things. I'm not sure if that's from the pain medication or my high pain tolerance. “All done.” She smiled after removing the catheter.

“How long until I can get up and walk around?”

“Now if you want. You might want to keep a pillow pressed to this wound to minimize the pain. You can also put on the clothes your boyfriend was nice enough to bring.” She pointed to a small pile of clothes sitting on a shelf across from the bed.

“He's my best friend, not boyfriend.”

“Sorry, I just assumed with how he hasn't left and how much he cares for you.” I sat back up and she helped me off of the bed and over to the clothes. My legs felt like jello but I knew I needed to get up and moving. She helped me get on my panties and the sweat pants making sure they laid under the incision.

“Damn it… My bra doesn't fit.” I pouted hooking my bra after I'd taken the gown off. It was seriously tight.

“You have mommy boobs now.” She laughed causing me to do the same. I pulled on the shirt before noticing it was David's black and hot pink `Role Model' shirt. “Come on. We'll walk to the nursery.” She smiled handing me a pillow.

“Thank you.” I said pressing it to my lower abdomen with my left hand. I dragged myself down the hall and to the nursery where David sat holding my son.

“Hey heartbreaker. They guys all went down to the gift shop. Be ready to have a shit load of stuff.” He laughed. “She's right here.” He pointed to a baby even smaller then the one he was holding. She was spread out on the table enjoying the heat.

“Mrs. Baker, it's nice to see you are up and doing well.” The nurse working in the decent sized room spoke.

“Can I hold her?” I asked watching my daughter wiggle.

“Sure. Wash you hands to your elbows and take a seat.” She pointed to the rocking chair David had stood from when I entered the room. I sat down and sat the pillow in my lap before she handed the little girl, now wrapped in blankets, to me. It took me a minute to realize it we the hot pink and black zebra printed one David had bought her just a week before I had her.

“Hey there.” I smiled down at her. She looked just like me. “When will their eye color develop?”

“Anywhere from 6 months to a year. It could be earlier but that depends on the baby.” She said attending to another new born.

“He'll have you eyes.” David said standing over my shoulder.

“How can you tell?”

“See the green ring around the pupil? It already matches yours.” He held the wide awake baby out of me to see. He was looking up at me and I have to say his eyes did resemble mine. Let's just hope the rest turn hazel so they do look like mine. I wouldn't have the strength to look at an exact copy of Zack.

“You can take her to your room if you want.” The nurse spoke after seeing all of the guys with their faces glued to the window allowing them to see in. The nurse followed me to my room, pushing the little girl in a cart because I couldn't carry her due to the incision.

“Hey David?” I asked once we were in the room and I was settled holding my new born girl.

“Yes?” He asked handing the boy to Chuck who had been complaining to hold him since we left the nursery.

“Do you think you can go buy me a bra that fits?” I asked wiggling a little bit being uncomfortable.

“Sure. What size?”

“I think a 34 C would fit. This is a B and it's snug.” I smiled up at him.

“Alright. I'll be back in a little bit.” He said kissing my forehead before doing the same to the twins and a still sleeping Demi. That child could sleep through an earthquake.

“Have you decided on names?” Rebecca asked walking in the room with a pad of paper. “They guys didn't know.”

“I do.” I smiled. “His name is going to be Mathew David James Baker.” I couldn't decide between the names. I want to name him after Matt Sander and Berry because I was so close to them the entire time I was in Cali so it worked out that their names were the same. James for Jimmy and Zack. David for the only person who was there through everything besides family.

“And this one?” She smiled down at the child in my arms.

“Alexis Brianna Jade Baker.” Yet again I couldn't decide. Alexis for Alex Varkatzas, the lead singer of Atreyu and my second best guy friend; Also my father`s middle name was Alexander. Brianna because I couldn't exactly name my daughter Brian now could I? And Jade for my mother, Kelci Jade.

“You know David is going to cry when he hears the baby's name right?” Pierre asked once the nurse left. I nodded.

“I know but he's always been there for me and I hope he grows up to be the same.”

“Do you mind?” Seb asked pointing to Jade.

“Not at all.” I handed her to him.

“What are we calling them?” Chuck asked.

“I'm calling her Jade. And I think we'll call him DJ so he doesn't get mixed up with anyone.”

“Annie, I'm going to have to have you sign these.” Rebecca returned with 2 pieces of paper and a pen. I looked over them as David entered the room with a big bag of clothes. I singed the birth certificates before David spoke up.

“What did you name them?”

“Matthew Dave James Baker, DJ for short, and Alexis Brianna Jade Baker.” I saw his eyes water.

“You named him after me?”

“Who better?”

“Who is the father?” The nurse asked ending our conversation.

“I am.” David spoke.

“The biological father?” She raised an eyebrow and his face dropped.

“No but close enough.” He grumbled.

“Well I'm going to need the biological father to sign the birth certificate.” She said looking at me.

“I don't know who the dad is.” I lied. I guess it wasn't technically a lie, I didn't know the man Zack had become, that's why I left.

“Alright then.” She started to leave the room before I stopped her.

“Can I take a shower? I feel all gross.”

“You are more than welcome to. When you get out just call me and I'll redress your arm.” She smiled and walked out.

“Need help?” David asked. I knew he was doing it as a friend. He'd gotten over his crush on me after I'd found his original lyrics to `I'd Do Anything' titled `Anything'. We sat down and talked about it deciding we could only be friends because of the strong bond between us. Had he asked me out when I'd moved to Canada, things would have been completely different and I most likely would be bearing his children.

“Yeah, I think I might. Are you guys good with watching 3 kids?” I looked at the guys as David helped me stand.

“Please, you act like none of us had watched a kid.” Jeff laughed.

“You guys haven't.” I stated before he realized I was right.

“We'll be fine.” Pierre said reassuringly. “David and I have been watching the 3 of them for a week.”

“Alright. Remember there are nurses if you guys need any help.”

“You're getting a shower not leaving the country.” Seb said bouncing Jade in his arms.

“Go!” Chase said laughing. I rolled my eyes as David walked with me into the bathroom grabbing the bag of clothes he'd bought and another bag that I'm guessing he had his clothes in.

“Right temperature?” He asked after the water warmed up. I stuck my hand under it and nodded before pulling off my clothes before having to have David undo the bra. He stripped down himself before helping me into the shower. It wasn't the first time he'd showered with me; the only other time was after the car accident and Zack wasn't home to help me. We showered and shaved quickly and I noticed the red and purple dye was still washing out from me dying it the day I had DJ. Once out I had a towel wrapped around me as I blow dried my hair with the blow dyer David had brought. I did my make up as David got dressed. I know only the guys were going to see me but hey, a girl always has to look good; plus it made me feel better about myself. David helped me dress in a pair of low sitting jeans and a black tank top with “Role Model” on the chest in pink paint before we went back to the room with the guys. They used me as much as they could to promote their clothing line. I was surprised to see my dad sitting on my bed holding DJ and Jamie with her camera.

“Hey Dad, Jamie.” I smiled sitting on the foot of my bed.

“Here, relax.” My dad said standing.

“It's fine. I actually feel really good. Note the normal clothes.” I smiled.

“You're so lucky.” Jamie said. “When my sister had her baby she was left with a good amount of baby weight. You don't seem to have much at all.” She said looking me over.

“I only gained 20 pounds. The kids weighted a total of 8 and a half and I think the rest went to my boobs other than the 5 I`m going to have to work off to get my stomach back.” I laughed.

“When are you wanting to come in and get their pictures done?” She smiled down at Jade who was still in Seb's arms.

“Let's shoot for a week if after I get out of here.”

“Well that won't be too long from now. You're doing great and the kids are fine.” An older gentleman said walking in looking over my chart. “Wow, it's a party in here isn't it?” He said once he looked up.

“I'm loved.” I laughed. “When are we looking to get out of here?” I asked.

“I'm thinking 2 days tops.” He nodded.

“Yay! You'll be home for Halloween night!” Jeff said bouncing in his seat. He really should switch to decaf.

“Looks like it.” The doctor said before making everyone leave so he could look me over. He redid the bandage on my arm before allowing everyone back in. Devin and Erin had joined the group.

“Let's get some pictures.” Jamie said once they were back.

“Good thing I got ready.” I laughed. I took Jade into my arms from Seb. Jamie snapped a few before making my dad stand over my shoulder with DJ. Their matching blankets looked so cute. She took a whole lot more including the guys with the babies by themselves. She even got my holding both of the which was really hard due to my arm.

“Alright. I think I'm done.” She smiled and pulled out a bulky laptop and plugged her camera into it. She started working on the pictures while everyone else talked. I had Demi sitting next to me on the bed. The guys were passing around the twins.

“Come here Demi.” Devin said picking her up. “We love you just as much at Jade and DJ.” She smiled.

“Want tot see them?” Jamie asked walking over the computer in her hands. I nodded and she set it on the tray. She flipped through them one by one. “You'll get copies of all of them.” She said before pulling up the ones we did a week ago.

“I want that one.” My dad spoke up looking at one of David on his knees smiling while kissing my stomach with my left hand running through his hair and the other on his shoulder. I was looking down laughing at him.

“Sure thing. How big?”

“The biggest you can get it.” He laughed before pulling open his wallet and handing her $1000.

“I can't take that.” She said handing it back to him.

“Yes you can. You're going to get me any pictures I want and the rest is a tip.” He smiled before we finished flipping through the pictures. Jamie learned you can't argue with my dad.

I think we are going to head out.” Pierre said after awhile. I was currently feeding DJ with a bottle. I'd decided not to breastfeed because of all of the drugs in my system due to the surgery and pain.

“Alright. We'll see you guys later.” I said before hugging each of them as the came to the bed. David had Jade feeding her next to me.

“Up!” Demi said having trouble with words. She'd said her first word at 9 moths and now was talking like a 3 year old.

“Come on munchkin.” Pierre swept her up in his arms. Everyone except David and Dad left.

“So, what's the deal with you two?” My dad asked looking at us.

“We're just friends.” Dave said looking up from the little girl who had him around her tiny finger.

“Ok.” He said disbelievingly. He stated for a bit longer before he had to leave on business.

“I think I'm going to get some sleep.” I said as I noticed DJ falling asleep in my arms. The nurse had just given me more pain medication. I didn't really need it but better safe than sorry.

“Me too. She's out like a light.” He placed her in the cart thing as I set DJ in his before he took them to the nursery for the night. I went in the bathroom and pulled on a pair of booty shorts David had stashed in his bag and his shirt I'd had on earlier. It dropped down to my mid thighs. I curled up in the bed as he changed into pajama pants and a wife beater. I slid over and he joined me on the narrow bed but it wasn't hard. My small frame took up almost no room at all.

“We brought breakfast!” I heard a guy yell at David and I as we tried to sleep. I rolled over, causing some pain, to see Alex, Dan, Travis, Marc, and Brandon. I glared at them.

“Oh don't glare at us, baby doll.” Alex said laughing.

“Not our fault you're still asleep.” Brandon said. He'd been the one to wake us up.

“I hate you guys.” I mumbled sitting up my lower abdomen hurting a little bit. I pressed the nurse call button.

“Yes?” A female voice rang from the speaker.

“Can I get something for pain?” I asked.

“Be right in.” There was a click and I turned my attention to my friends.

“Why are you all so cheery?” I asked as David pulled a pillow over his head trying to go back to sleep.

“Well we just got signed to Victory Records and thought we'd come see our favorite mommy. Congratulations.” Alex said pulling me into a hug before setting a paper bag in front of me.

“Hey. Wake up! We have ihop!” Dan said poking David repeatedly in the side before he grabbed the pillow and hit him with it. He laid back down and covered his head.

“Wake up!” I said and poked him the same way Dan had.

“I'm up.” He grumbled from under the pillow.

“No you aren't.” I kept poking him until he sat up.

“Happy?” He asked.

“Not fair! I poke you and get pillowed but when she does it you wake up no fight?” Dan complained.

“You be sliced open and have 2 newborns pulled out of your stomach. When you can do that I will never hit you with another pillow.” That caused everyone except Dan, whom was pouting, to laugh.

“Speaking of the bundles of joy, where are they?” Alex asked looking around the room.

“Nursery. I'll go get them shortly.” I said as a nurse walked in and handed me 2 pills. I took them with the strawberry lemonade the guys had brought me.

“Waffles for the lady.” Brandon said passing the food out. “Omelet for daddy.” He handed the box to David. “Another omelet. Pancakes.” He continued to name off the food as he handed it to the person it belonged to.

“How is it you can wake up in the mornings beautiful as ever but somehow my girlfriend can't manage to do the same?” Marc asked as I took a bit of the goodness known as Belgium waffles.

“I don't move or touch my eyes so my hair and make up stay in tact.” I smiled. We all ate before I walked down to the nursery with David. I didn't take the pillow this time because of how good I was feeling.

“There they are!” Brandon said going to pick up Jade.

“Wash your hands.” I reminded him.

“Her name is Alexis?” Alex said looking at the giant piece of paper that had both her hand and feet prints with `Alexis' in the center.

“Yep. Alexis Brianna Jade.” I said as he picked her up.

“I feel honored.” He smiled. They stayed for most of the day with us all just talking about their new music career. They'd ran into the guys a few days ago and Zack had begged them to tell him where I was. They wouldn't but told him they'd let me know he asked. I felt bad for just bailing but I needed to do it for my mental health.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update! I moved and setting up internet took forever.... Fucking comcast.... Anyway, I'm posting the rest of the story most likely tonight or tomorrow. <3 Syndi V