Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

Some Things Can't Change

“Hey David, do you thin you'll be ok for a few hours with the kids? I have something I need to go do.” Today was Halloween and I'd just gotten home from the hospital.

“Where are you going?” He asked bouncing Demi on his leg sitting on my bed. The twins were fast asleep in their cribs. Demi's stuff had been added to the nursery while I was in the hospital.

“I've just got some things to take care of. I won't be too long.” I smiled at him before putting in blue contacts. I preferred this look better; the fact it hid who I really was, was a bonus.

“Yeah. I guess.” He nodded.

“I'll be back in a little bit. Devin and Erin are here if you need any help but I think they are sleeping. Call me if you need anything.” I kissed Demi's forehead before walking into the nursery and doing the same to my other children. I got in the Range Rover and head toward Huntington Beach, the one place I dreaded going the most, after making one quick stop. I hadn't been there in 6 months. I pulled into the Good Sheppard Cemetery. I found the grave I was looking for easily thanks to Pierre's directions. I sat there for at least an hour just crying softly before placing the tiger lilies against the head stone.

“Here lies Kelci Jade Hawley, beloved mother, sister, and friend. October 9th 1962 - October 22nd 2001” I pulled myself to my feet before going back to my car. I made the all too familiar drive to my old house. I was hoping he'd be home. I needed to talk to him. I pressed the gate to open the gate, the one thing I had besides my pictures that connected me to my old life. I pulled onto the drive and was at the entrance too fast for my liking. I walked out on the man I loved, how was I supposed to just show back up? It's not like I wanted to fix things, I just wasn't going to keep him from seeing his children. It took all the strength I had to raise my hand and ring the doorbell. I held my breath and made sure the locket he'd given me was tucked into my shirt as I heard footsteps near the door.

“Hello. How can I help you?” I instantly recognized the girl as the one I found he cheating with the night of graduation.

“Who is it baby?” I heard Zack call and his footsteps headed toward the door.

“I'm sorry, I think I have the wrong house.” I smiled and turned to walk away only to find myself face to face with Jimmy.

“No you have the right house. Come on, you're right on time.” He said taking my arm and leading me past my ex-husband and the girl he had his arms wrapped around. Neither of them seemed to recognize me. Once in his room he shut the door and locked it. “Long time no see.” He pulled me into a tight hug making me wince in pain. “What's wrong?” Worry covered his face.

“Nothing.” I lied only to have him pull my sleeve up to show the 4 inches of my flesh that still had stitches.

“Oh my god, Gummy worm, what happened?” He asked looking at it.

“I went to get Demi while Mom and Aaron were fighting.” My eyes started to water.

“Are they ok?”

“Demi is fine…” I sniffled before continuing. “Mom didn't make it.” Tears started rolling down my face again. Thank god for water proof make up.

“I'm so sorry Danni.” He said pulling me into another hug watching my arm but I still winced. He tugged the bottom of my shirt up and looked at me confused before it dawned on him. “When?” was all he asked.

“Same day.”

“His?” I just gave him a look like he was stupid. “He doesn't know?” Now he was just verifying.

“No.” I sighed.

“And you came here to tell him but since that whore is living here you decided against it.” He knew me all too well. “I don't blame you. She's been here since the day we got back.” He said sadly causing my tears to start again. “I'm so sorry.” He hugged me.

“Want to meet them?” I gave a half smile as tears still fell from my face. He jumped up excitedly.

“Let's go! I want to meet my niece or nephew.” He unlocked the door and pulled it open.

“Both.” I mumbled as I walked past him.

“What?” He asked catching up to me at the bottom of the stairs.

“Are you going to introduce to your friend?” Zack called from the living room where he and his girlfriend were watching TV. He was holding her the same way he'd held me.

“Ann.” I smiled walking over to him and shaking his hand before hers.

“I'm Zack and this is my girlfriend, Gena.” He said smiling that breath taking smile at me. “Have we met before?” He was looking closely at my face his smile fading.

“I don't believe so. I'd have remembered your eyes. They are amazing by the way.” I smiled at him.

“I tell him that everyday.” Gena said kissing his cheek while glaring at me. He ignored her.

“You look so familiar.” He was still staring as Jimmy wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

“Come on baby. We have to get going.” He said from over my should.

“It was nice to meet you guys. I'll see you around.” I smiled and walked to the entrance. I had to wiggle the front door to get it to open like always.

“You have to…” Zack said as I opened the door. “How did you know to do that?” He was walking over by now.

“I saw her do it while opening the door to let me in.” I lied to cover my slip up.

“Don't expect me back tonight.” Jimmy said pushing me out of the door and slamming it shut before Zack could get another good look at me.

“How have you been?” I asked once we were in the car and out of the driveway.

“Good other than her being around me all the time. I'm saving up to get my own place.” He said and continued to talk for the remaining 45 minutes of the drive. My phone went off about 5 minutes before reaching the house.

“What's up?” I asked seeing it was Devin.

“What is Jimmy doing with you?” Her voice was kind of quiet.

“Long story, I'll explain later. How did you know?”

“Passed you. David sent Erin and I on a pizza run because he didn't want delivery.” She laughed.

“Is it cool he's with me?”

“Not a problem at all. I'm over him. I found someone I like better.”

“Chuck.” I said not having to guess. She was easy to figure out.

“You don't know that.” She laughed before hanging up.

“Really? You leave Zack and get a house twice the size?” Jimmy asked as we pulled in the driveway.

“Not my idea, but I'm glad we have it. 3 kids, David, Devin, Erin, and I living here, the space is nice.” I parked the car.

“Wait Devin? As in my ex?” He asked looking at me.

“Yeah, she's my nanny.” I shrugged and jumped down from the vehicle.

“Thought she just disappeared?” He asked on my heels.

“Found her at my club and offered her a job.”

“Club?” He said as I pushed open the door.

“Yes. I now own a strip club and tattoo parlor in LA.” I rolled my eyes.

“So you disappear for 6 months have 3 kids, get a night club and tattoo shop, new house, and look like a complete freak?” He asked still not looking around.

“Basically. Except I only had 2 kids. I have a court appointment to adopt Demi tomorrow.” I said walking to the wall under the stairs that led to my room.

“Why didn't you call?” He asked as I pushed the wall. “That's cool.”

“I was hurting over Zack. I didn't want to be around you guys.” I pushed on the wall leading to the nursery.

“Hey.” David said turning around. “Oh, hey Jimmy. I didn't expect to see you.”

“Ran into and he figured everything out.” I shrugged.

“I don't even know what to say. I'm so pissed at you but then again I understand it.” He was frustrated.

“Jim, just sit down.” I pointed to the rocking chair. After he'd done what I asked I scooped DJ out of his crib and carefully handed him to Jimmy. I've never seen Jimmy so calm as when he held my son. He'd never held Demi in fear of dropping her.

“What's his name?” He asked looking down at the tiny sleeping body.

“Matthew David James Baker.” I smiled looking at them.

“You kept Zack's last name?” He asked looking up at me.

“Of course. It's my last name too.”

“Hold on, James?” The realization hit him.

“Yes. As in James Sullivan and Zackary James Baker.” I laughed as his eyes lit up.

“And Matthew?”

“As in Matthew Sanders and Matthew Berry.” I nodded confirming his thought.

“You really named your son after all of us?” He was smiling. I nodded just in time to hear Jade start crying. I picked her and started to bounce with her causing her to quiet down.

“Want anything to drink?” David asked Jimmy and I. “Well I'm going to go make bottles for those two.” He said after we'd declined before he slipped from the room.

“What's her name?”

“Alexis Brianna Jade Baker.”

“After Alex and your dad.” I nodded. “And Brian?” He questioned before I nodded again. “And your mom.” He nodded to himself. “You'll name your children after all of us but you weren't going to tell us?”

“I was going to. I went to that show to tell Zack I was pregnant.” I picked Demi up from her crib still holding Jade. “But then I found him and I didn't know what to do. Can you open the door?”

“Then you went today to find he was already with someone else and didn't want to ruin his relationship.” He opened the door and followed me out before opening the other.

“Exactly. I know I should tell him but I don't want him to hurt them like he did me. He`s too young to be a dad and the band is starting to take off.” I walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch.

“I understand.” He said sitting on the other couch. “But you can't keep them from me or the guys.”

“How about we let me get used to being a mom before we go telling all of them please?”

“No, that's not fair.” He said sternly.

“Can we al least wait until tomorrow? I'm exhausted and having everyone around today isn't something I want to do. It's Halloween and you know they all want to get drunk.”

“Ok. You have until tomorrow night.” He agreed.

“Hey Jim, do you want to feed DJ?” David said taking Demi from me so he feed her in the kitchen after setting the bottles on the coffee table.

“I'm scared I'll kill him.” He said nervously.

“Bring him here.” I said propping my feet up on the couch and leaning back a bit. I bent the knee in my leg furthest from the couch up and sat Jade so she was leaning against it. I took DJ and placed his back against my left shoulder before having Jim hand me the bottles. I held Jade's in my left hand while holding DJ in place with that arm and held DJ's bottle with my right.

“That's crazy.” Jimmy said looking at me.

“Hey, it's a good trick to feed both of them.” I laughed. After a few minutes it was time to burp them. “Here.” I handed DJ to Jimmy. “Place him like this.” I said placing Jade face down on my right shoulder. He did the same. “No pat firmly on his back.” I showed him on Jade. Soon enough he got him to burp and got excited.

“Can I try to feed him the rest of his bottle?” He asked. “I feel like I can do it and not kill him now.”

“Yeah. Just hold him like you were earlier making sure you support his head.” He switched him around before taking the bottle and offering it to him. DJ had taken an instant liking to Jim.

“Ha! I didn't kill him!” Jimmy said excited after DJ had finished his bottle and been burped for the second time.

“Good job Jimmy.” Devin said walking in the front door with Erin and the rest of the guys from Simple Plan.

“Hey guys.” I smiled as Jade finished her bottle.

“Hey.” Jimmy said waving they all looked confused for a minute before just blowing it off.

“There's my favorite little boy.” Pierre said walking over to Jim and taking DJ. He instantly started to cry causing me to laugh. “Come on little man. Don't cry.” He started bouncing him which only made it worse.

“Let me see her.” Jeff said holding his hands of for Jade. I let him take her.

“There's the other one!” Seb said as Demi wobbled into the room David only a step behind her.

“Ebb!” She squealed and tried to run to Seb. He caught her just as she started to stumble.

“Hey there munchkin.” He said spinning her around. It seemed everyone took to calling her `munchkin`.

“Look at what we got!” Erin said holding a bag up after setting the pizza down. I realized an eyebrow at her before she handed me the bag.

“Look Demi.” I said holding up a tiny Harley Quinn costume.

“You didn't think we were going to take you out did you?” Seb said taking the outfit from me and handing it to her.

“No.” She giggled.

“Let's go put it on!” Jamie said taking her from Seb and going into the bathroom in the hidden hallway leading to the nursery.

“Look at the other ones.” Erin said poking me.

“Alright.” I laughed and pulled out a batman costume that would fit DJ. “Oh my god. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!” I laughed. The bottom was one solid piece that snapped under the feet. “How did you find this in a preemie?”

“I know some people and that you love Batman so it worked out.” She laughed. “Keep going.” I pulled out little Flamebird outfit that had the same type of bottom as the Batman.

“Awe! All of my kids are Batman characters.” I laughed.

“Not just them. There is more.” She laughed taking the twins costumes. I almost screamed when I pulled out the Poison Ivy costume she'd gotten for me.

“I love it!” I smiled. Granted it was skimpy it was awesome and I didn't have much weight to lose so I didn't have a problem wearing it. “Thank you.”

“Oh, that's not all.” She said pulling it out. “It's David's.” She said throwing the Robin costume at him.

“Sweet! We matching.” I laughed.

“Oh, everyone is.” She smiled. I looked at her confused. “I'm going as Cat Woman, Seb is going as Doctor Death, Jamie is Magpie, Pierre is The Penguin, Chuck is Mr. Freeze, Jeff is The Scarecrow, Devin is Lynx and Chase is The Riddler.” She laughed.

“Awe. You guys went through that kind of trouble for me?”

“Hey, you're not the only Batman fan.” Pierre laughed.

“Let's get ready! We're taking the little ones out trick-or-treating.”

“Wait, We have Harley Quinn but no Joker?” I realized pulling the last costume out of the bag she'd given me.

“Shit, I didn't think about it. We have the costume but no one to put in it.”

“Hey Jimmy, you're spending Halloween with us right?” I asked looking at him.

“Give it here.” He said taking the costume from me. “Demi's my partner in crime anyway.” He laughed.

“Annie, go ahead and get ready, we'll watch the twins while you do.”

“Look!” I head Demi's childish voice say. We all looked down to see her walking out of my room fully in her costume. Jamie was only a few step behind her.

“Awe don't you look cute!” I said picking her up and kissing her forehead. “I'm going to get ready keep and eye on them.” I whispered to her before setting her down only to have her run to Seb.

“I watch ou.” She giggled as he picked her up. I grabbed my costume and went to my room. I changed quickly into the corset and shredded green mini skirt with vines hanging down. The corset was cover in leaves with a vine going of my left shoulder. I put on the bracelet made out of vines and the one that went from my wrist to upper arm on my right. The leaves didn't cover the torn flesh but that was fine. I did my make up with a vine going down the left side before pulling on a pair of black heels. I walked out to the living room to see all of the guys and Erin dressed. David was doing Jimmy's make up while Seb was playing with Demi on the floor. Chuck had DJ while Chase had Jade.

“Time to get you guys ready.” Chase said standing.

“And someone needs a dipper change!” Chuck scrunched his nose walking over to me.

“I'll help.” Erin said taking DJ from Chuck while I grabbed Jade. We both went into my room and got the kids ready. Before leaving we wrapped them in blankets that matched their costumes that Erin had gotten. We all took a couple pictures before taking the kids out. We weren't out long at all because of how young the twins are but Jamie, Seb, and Jimmy took Demi around a little more after the rest of us headed home with the twins who were ready for bed. David and I retired to bed not long after everyone started drinking and the kids were fast asleep.