Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

The Night Goes As Follows

“Hey.” Jimmy said as I walked into the kitchen in the morning. “How'd you sleep?” He laughed.

“Fine actually. They only woke up once.” I shrugged and grabbed a cup before filling it with orange juice.

“Lucky. We need to talk.” A serious look was plastered on his face.

“What's up?” I asked taking the seat at the counter next to him.

“I'm not going to make you tell the guys. After yesterday I understand not only how bad Zack hurt you but everyone around here. I didn't realize they all had to watch you suffer with nothing that could be done. If the guys find out Zack will be back in your life no matter how badly you don't want him too. You can't just be friends with the guys and never see him. They'll slip.”

“Jimmy, I love them like family, but I'm still getting used to this life. I want the kids to know them but I just don't know if I can handle it.” I sighed.

“I understand that which is why I'm not going to force you but I already know and there is no way in hell I'm staying away. I'll keep this a secret if you want me to.” He pulled me into a side hug careful of my arm.

“Thank you.”

“Oh and just to let you know Eliza threw every shoe she owned at him. She hit him a few times. He was uninvited to the wedding.” He laughed.

“How was it?”

“Beautiful. Everyone missed you.”

“I know.” I said sadly.

“Hey are you ready?” David asked walking in the room with Demi.

“Yeah. Let's go get this done.” I stood.

“Wait. I have something for you.” Jimmy said stopping us from leaving. He pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to me. “We got this last night. In my family it's a tradition that a new mom gets a gift.” He smiled.

“Thank you Jimmy.” I said opening it. Inside lay a white gold necklace that had `Mom' written in white gold wire. The chain connected on either side and the `o' was a heart shaped blue topaz. “It's beautiful.” I hugged him. I unhooked the locket that had been around my neck for almost 5 years and put it on.

“You're welcome. You deserve it.” He smiled. “Now go make her my official niece.” He pushed me toward the door.

“I'll be right out.” I said and slipped into the nursery where Devin was feeding Jade. I hung the locket from the corner of her crib.

“You took it off?” She looked confused. I nodded before walking out to the waiting car. Demi was safely in her car seat and I sat in the back with her. We got all of the legal stuff done after a good amount of time having to answer questions. Demi was officially my daughter.

The following months few by. Pierre had brought Nyx home while David and I were at the court house. I quickly adjusted to being a mother of 3 then the guys left to go on tour. They'd released the album in March after the last minute decision to add the song I'd found in David's stuff called 'Addicted'. He'd written it back in late 2000. Chase had become their tour manager so it was just Devin, Erin, and I. Jamie was spending a lot of time with us as well. She'd become a close friend. Everyone loved the kids like they were their own. I'd started working 3 days a week at the shop for 6 hours and then going to the club to make sure everything was good. I did most of the paperwork when the shop was slow but since everyone was wanting me to do tattoos I ended up doing it at home during nap time. Both businesses were doing well and I was making enough to support a normal family but all of it was going into college funds for the kids. Dad was still paying for everything so he told me to put all of it up. Jimmy was over as often as he could be without drawing too much attention before he had to go on tour with Avenged.

“Another day is going by/ I'm thinking about you all the time/ But you're out there/ And I'm here waiting.” My phone went off. I was currently in the shop to get a tattoo but the other artist working today called in sick, so I was covering for him.

“Hey sexy, what's up?” I asked answering my phone.

“Nothing. We maybe late getting in. Traffic is a bitch.” David said sadly for the other line.

“It's fine, just get her when you can. Her birthday is tomorrow anyway. Just be here by the morning.”

“I thought I'd let you know. We'll be there as soon as we can. I love you.” I know he meant it as a friend.

“Love you too Dave. Later.” I flipped my phone shut.

“Hey, are you ready?” Ben asked walking into the back room where I'd just put the kids down to sleep until Devin could come pick them up. Not like she would leave with them anyway; note why we had a room set up for them.

“I'm here.” She said walking in the room just after Ben.

“They just laid down.” I said switching on the baby monitor. “So they should be good for a little bit.” We walked out of the room and shut the door.

“Alright, let's get this show on the road.” Ben smiled as we walked into his working area. He'd decided to stay working here once everything was settled so he could be around the kids.

“Are you sure it's healed enough to do this?” I asked referring to the cesarean scar. It's been a little over 9 months and it was still red.

“Yeah. It's fine.” He smiled as I unbuttoned my pants and rolled my shirt up. Granted my pants sat below the scar I didn't want to ruin my jean. This was my first tattoo since having the kids; making it my 3rd. I had the deathbat on the back of my neck; a piece of a puzzle that made the ace of hearts when completed, and a very elegant `Z' above it that I'd gotten my wedding night (Zack had the rest of the puzzle with my name) on the front of my left thigh; and a portrait of Marilyn Monroe on the outside my right thigh I`d gotten my 19th birthday.

“Check it out.” Ben said once he'd prepped the area and applied the stencil.

“Perfect.” I smiled. On my left hip was Jade's foot print, DJ's on my right, and Demi's hand just below my now pierced navel. Their full names were around their print. Demi's last name was changed to Baker when I adopted her. Between the twins' prints and under Demi's in a line that dipped down was `It's Only As Dark As You Make It' in cursive that would later be used in an Atreyu song.

“Alright. On the table.” He pointed while he set up. I climbed up and laid back.

“When are you going back to a some what normal color?” Devin asked playing with my still flame red and purple locks.

“When I'm sick of this.” I smiled causing her to roll her eyes. Ben did the tattoo fairly quickly.

“All done.” He said cleaning the excess ink off of my skin. He rubbed some Tattoo Goo on it before allowing me to stand and look at it.

“I love it.” I smiled. DJ's was in blue, Jade's in pink, and Demi's in purple. All of them had no outline. The only black was their names and the words.

“Hey, there is customer.” Devin said walking back in the room. She'd left to take care of the kids.

“Alright.” I said buttoning my pants leaving my shirt rolled up. “Can I help you?” I asked the two men with their backs turned to me flipping through the flash on the walls.

“Yeah. I'm wanting to get a tattoo.” The one closest to me who had a beanie on turned around. “Do I know you?” He asked looking at me causing the other to turn around.

“Yeah.” I smiled. “I met you almost a year ago when you guys were at the studio with Simple Plan.”

“Annie right?” Benji asked shaking my hand.

“Yep. You're Benji and Joel right?” I asked pointing to each of them. They nodded. “What can I get for you?”

“I'm wanting a sacred heart with flames coming out of the top with a key hole in the flames right here.” He pointed to the hallow of his neck smiling.

“Alright. Let me get this covered and I'll draw it up. Are you wanting one too?” I looked to Joel.

“I think so.” He nodded unsurely.

“I'll let you talk to Ben then. I'll be right back.” I stepped from the lobby back into Ben's booth. “Hey 2 guys are wanting tattoos. I'll take one, you take the other.” I said as he started to cover the fresh ink on my lower abdomen.

“Alright.” We both walked out to the lobby to find the guys flipping through the flash again.

“Joel, this is Ben. He'll be doing yours. Benji, come with me.” I smiled warmly at them. I have to say Benji is kind of cute. “Take your shirt off.”

“Damn, at least buy me dinner first.” He laughed pulling his shirt over his head.

“Mind if I free hand it?” I said looking at the area.

“Go for it.” He shrugged.

“Follow me.” I walked into the booth I worked in. I cleaned the area and shaved it before having him sit on the table. “How's that?” I asked once I'd done the drawing allowing him to look in the mirror.

“Looks good.” He smiled as I started to set up the gear. I ended up doing the tattoo standing because of my new one. About half way through my cell phone went off with David's ringtone but I didn't get to answer it due to me tattooing. I'd call him back when I was done.

“So you like our band huh?” Benji asked as I was working on coloring flames.

“You guys are good.” I flashed him a smile before returning to the tattoo.

“We're recording the second album now and shooting a video the day after tomorrow. You should come out.” He was smiling at me.

“That depends on if Joe can get his ass in here. I wasn't supposed to be working today.”

“Well I'm glad you are.” He winked.

“Are you sure it's a good idea to flirt with someone permanently marking your body?” I laughed.

“If it gets her to go out with me, then yes. I was going to ask you to get a drink with me the night I met you but you left. I figured I'd try again.” His smirk was adorable.

“Stop talking.” I smiled and finished up the tattoo.

“Can I talk now?” He asked as I was cleaning it.

“No.” I laughed covering it.

“Well I'm going to anyway. So what do you say to getting a drink with me?” He smiled.

“Where is my favorite girls in the whole world!” David said walking past my booth and into the room where the kids and Devin were. I followed him with Benji behind me.

“What about their mommy?” I asked pretending to be offended.

“Oh. Yeah. You too.” He said already having Jade in his arms. Pierre and Seb had gotten back here without me noticing before David. Seb had Demi and Pierre had DJ.

“You have kids?” Benji asked confused. “You look too young.”

“I'm 21. I had the 2 youngest when I was 20. I was 8 months pregnant when I met you.”

“You didn't look it at all.” He looked me up and down.

“Well tomorrow is her second birthday.” Seb said bouncing my oldest.

“Well will you still get a drink with me?” Benji asked hopefully. “I love kids so you having them isn't a problem.”

“She will.” David answered for me and I shot him a look. “Oh come on. It's been a year. Besides I can't get you to go out with me and I know Benji is a good guy. You'll like him.” David was talking about him like he wasn't there. They had went on a small tour together so the bands know each other decently.

“And who is going to watch the kids?” I asked hands on my hips.

“Please. Six of the best babysitter in the world just got home.” Chuck said from behind me hugging me.

“You have no excuse not to.” David shrugged with a smile on his face.

“Alright. I'll go.” I gave in.

“Awesome. I'll pick you up in about an hour?”

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Not sure. Anywhere you know that's good?”

“Vanity!” David laughed.

“No.” I couldn't help but smile.

“Isn't that a strip club?” Benji ask causing everyone but him and I to laugh. “Ok, what am I missing?”

“I own the place. Why don't we just get some dinks at my place so we don't have to get a cab?” I offered.

“That's not going out!” David complained.

“That'd be cool.” Benji said ignoring David.

“Watch a movie too?”

“That's not going out!” David kept at it.

“Shut up.” I looked over at him.

“Sounds fun. I'll be there in an hour?”

“Be where in a hour?” Joel said joining our group. “Awe cute kids. They are yours right Annie?”

“How did you know that?” Benji looked at him.

“One, I noticed her new tattoo when we came in and two, Pierre told me.” He laughed. “So were are you going in an hour?”

“Her place for some drinks and a movie.”

“You're more than welcome to join us.” Devin said smiling innocently. She'd gotten over her crush on Chuck because they were going nowhere fast.

“Is that you asking me out?” He winked at her.

“Yeah. Actually it was.” She laughed.

“Here's my number. I'll give you directions when you call.” I said writing my number on the back of Benji's hand. “You know how to take care of that right?” I pointed to his new ink.

“Yep. I'll call you in a bit.” He smiled before he and Joel left. I went to clean up the booth and found his shirt. I folded it and set it on the counter before finishing cleaning and washing my hands.

“Come here.” I said walking in the room to Demi who quickly waddled over and held her arms out

“Up mama.” She said opening and closing her hands. I picked her up and set her on my left hip careful of the new tattoo.

“How'd it turn out?” David asked pointing to the black bandage.

“Really good. Pull that off.” He did as I asked.

“Awe! That's so cute!” Pierre said in the middle of trying to get DJ to talk.

“Hey! You know the rules! No baby talk.” I said warning Pierre. I'd decided to take the advice my mom had given me saying not to talk baby talk so they will actually be talking sooner.

“Addy.” A small happy voice said. I looked over to see Jade pulling on David's necklace a very shocked look on his face.

“Did she just talk?” He asked in disbelief.

“I think so. What do you say Dem? Did Jade just say her first word?” I asked walking over to David. She nodded feverishly.

“She just called me daddy.” David said getting excited.

“Who's that?” I asked the little one pointing to David.

“Addy.” She said again happily.

“She wasn't going to say anything until you were here. She missed her daddy.” I laughed kissing her forehead. “Now if we could get you to talk little man.” I said tapping DJ's nose.

“He'll walk first.” Devin said looking at him. He was trying to pull himself up on Pierre's leg.

“Wouldn't surprise me.” I said pulling my phone out and dialing a number.

“Hey Ann, what's going on?” Jimmy asked from the other line.

“Listen.” I said and held the phone out toward Jade. “Who's this?” I pointed at David again.

“Addy!” She said excitedly trying to bounce in his arms. I put the phone back to my ear.

“She talking?!? When did this happen?” Jimmy practically yelled.

“Just a minute ago. You told me to call you so I did.” I laughed.

“Who's talking?” I hear Zack's voice in the background. The guys had no idea. Well Shadows had an idea but didn't know for sure.

“Ann's kid.” Jim replied before getting excited again. “And my little man?”

“Not yet. He's pulling himself up though so I'm guessing he'll be walking in a month or so. I don't think Jade ever will. She always wants to be held.” I laughed.

“Dude, enough talking to your girlfriend. We have a show to do!” Zack yelled.

“I'll talk to you later. Kiss the kids for me!” Jimmy said before hanging up. I shoved my phone in my pocket.

“Ready to go home?” I asked tickling Demi's stomach.

“Es.” She giggled.

“I'm going with Annie.” David said as we all walked out of the room.

“Alright. We'll meet you guys at the house.” Pierre said still holding DJ. I grabbed Benji's shirt and we all walked out to the car. I put Demi in her car seat in the middle before taking DJ for Pierre and putting him in his while David put Jade in the car.

“Who's shirt?” He asked once I'd started the car. I had Benji's shirt across my lap.

“Benji's. He left it from the tattoo.” We made the 30 minute drive to the house. Right before we got there Benji had called to get directions.

“Come on little dude.” David said pulling DJ's car seat out of the car as I got Jade's. David took Jade from me so I could grab Demi. I left her car seat in the car because it was just easier to carry her in. She wanted to walk so I set her down and grabbed her tiny hands letting her walk in front of me. Everyone got here fairly quickly. David and I were just feeding the kids as my phone started to ring. I noticed it was the same number as earlier, Benji.

“Hey Benj. What's up?” I asked setting the phone between my shoulder and ear as I fed DJ a spoonful of banana baby food.

“Are you sure you gave me the right address?” He asked unsurely.

“Yes. Just come on in. The front door is unlocked. Oh and the dog is friendly. She'll lick you to death before she'll bark.”

“Alright. I'll see you in a second.” He said before hanging up. I heard the front dog click open a moment later followed by a thump. Yep, Nyx found them.

“Hey, they are in the kitchen. Nyx get down.” I heard Chase trying to get the fully grown lab off one of the guys.

“Hey.” I smiled at Benji cleaning up DJ's face. I looked over to see Joel with 2 faint paw prints on his black shirt. He was wiping them away.

“This is seriously your house?” Benji asked looking around.

“No. I totally just broke in.” I laughed pulling my son from his high chair. “Yes the place is mine.”

“And you're officially on your first date after 2 year. Give me the kid.” Pierre said taking DJ from me. I kissed the little boys head ruffling his hair a bit causing him giggle.

“Go.” David said shooing me and Benji from the room as I heard Devin bouncing down the stairs into the foyer.

“Alright. Alright.” I said throwing my hands up in surrender. “Don't kill them. Come on guys.” I led the guys back to the foyer where Devin was standing impatiently.

“Hey.” She said smiling the twins. I just realized I know too many sets of twins, first Val and Michelle, then Jason and Matt, then my kids, and now Benji and Joel.

“Oh Benji, you forgot this at the shop.” I said grabbing his shirt off the banister.

“Thanks. I realized I forgot it once I was in the car.” He laughed.

“Billy would be in love with this house.” Joel said looking around.

“Why's that?” Devin asked.

“He loves Tim Burton and this house reminds me of it.”

“Yeah dude is obsessed with Nightmare before Christmas.” Benji added.

“Then he would die if he saw my room. It's all NBC.”

“You'll have to show me sometime.” Benji winked and received an eye roll from me.

“Hey Joel want to go swimming?” Devin asked as I shot her a `please-don't-leave-me-alone-with-him' look.

“I didn't bring trunks.” Joel had caught my look.

“Not a problem. Pierre is about the same size as you. You can steal his.” She said dragging Joel down the hidden stairs to the basement.

“Whoa, there's a door there?” Benji asked watching the wall fall back into place.

“Yeah. It's like that in a few places around here. Come on.” I led him down the hall to the hidden wing a pushed the wall on the landing of the stairs.

“Like being a ninja?” Benji asked referring to the moving walls. I nodded giggling.

“Movie or shoot pool?” I asked as we walked down the hall.

“Pool. We can talk better that way.” He said as I led him into the billiards room. I flipped up the counter to the bar and walked behind it.

“What do you want?” I asked grabbing 2 glasses.

“What do you have?” He asked sitting on the outside of the bar.

“You name it, I have it. Everything from champagne and wine to whiskey and vodka to beer.” I set the 2 glasses on the counter and grabbed a shaker.

“Just give me what ever your drinking.” He shrugged.

“Alright.” I poured melon liquor, coconut rum, some pineapple juice, and some whipped cream into the shaker with a few cubs of ice. I shook it up really well before pouring in into the 2 glasses, the ice staying in the shaker.

“What is this?” Benji asked sniffing it.

“Scooby Snack.” I smiled and took a drink.

“This is actually pretty good.” He smiled after taking a sip. “Why do you call it a Scooby Snack?”

“See the color? It's the same as the mystery machine.” I laughed walking from behind the bar. I set my drink down and racked up the balls. “Guest gets to break.” I said handing him a stick and the que ball.

“I suck at this, so go easy on me.” He laughed lining up his shot. A loud cracking noise filled the room as the ball bounced around on the table. He didn't manage to sink any.

“Nice break.” I laughed and grabbed my pool stick. I sunk 3 balls before purposely missing. This was the only thing I could do right handed.

“I should have known you were going to be good.” He said standing and taking his shot. He actually hit one in but missed on his next one.

“Come here.” I said setting my stick aside. “Line up your shot.” I allowed him to lean over the table and hold the stick in place. “Relax this arm.” I stood on my tip toes behind and tapped his left arm. “Loosen your grip.” I shook the que lightly in his hand. “Bend your elbow.” I bent it for him. “Now shoot.” I pushed his arm forward softly letting him do most of the work. He sunk another one.

“That was easy.”

“Try it on your own.” I backed off before grabbing my drink and taking a sip. He hit another in. “Good job.” I sat back and watched him take another shot and miss.

“Ok, so not as easy as you make it look.” He laughed sitting next to me. We played a few games before we decided we better give up before Benji broke something with a ball he hit off the table.

“Want another drink?” I offered going behind the bar to make myself another.

“Yeah. You play?” He asked pointing to the room behind me.

“Occasionally.” I started to pour the ingredients in the shaker.

“Mind if I play?” He asked standing.

“Go for it.” I was shaking the mix together.

“Who's left handed?” I poured the drinks in our glasses before carrying them over.

“I am.” I handed him his glass.

“Interesting.” He said picking up the right handed Les Paul. He plugged it in before sitting on the stool near it and strumming. I quickly realized it was `I Was Wrong' by Social Distortion. I sat at the drums and began to hit out the notes while he sang. He looked over at me. “Don't see many girls who play drums.”

“I'm not like the girls you've met before.” I laughed. We sat around playing and before I knew it, it was 2am. I hadn't stayed up this late since I had the kids. I yawned and stretched from my spot where I was lying on the floor.

“Tired?” He asked looking down at me. I nodded and closed my eyes. I had a good buzz but I was nowhere near drunk. It didn't seem like he was drunk either. “Come on.” He offered me and hand and pulled me to my feet. I lost my balance and fell into him.

“Sorry.” I said righting myself out.

“Don't be.” He smiled his arms still around me. “Not like you could hurt me.”

“Don't tempt me.” I gave him a fake glare before laughing. I'd had an awesome time tonight and was glad the guys forced me into doing it. His half smile almost made me melt. It was still nothing compared to the puddle that Zack made me but I hadn't been this happy in awhile. Benji slowly leaned down his brown eyes locked with my false blue ones as his lips neared mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for all the errors in the story. I'm just too lazy to fix them.