Status: Complete - I am currently working on a sequel, but won't post until I have it half finished. Look for it in late November.

Tattooed

Dreaming A Reality

“And what is your reasoning, sir?” The pastor asked as everyone stood there shocked.

“She's my wife.” Those green eyes had an evil glint in them. He knew he just ruined the day I'd been planning for a year and a half with 5 words and he couldn't be happier.

“Is that true?” The man who was supposed to be pronouncing me as Benji's wife asked.

“No. We got a divorce.” The tears welling up in my eyes must have been evident in my voice because Benji pulled me close to him as everyone stared at us and the man I once thought to be an angel.

“Wrong.” He started up the isle toward us. “I never signed them. We're still married.” Zack shoved the papers I'd left on the counter years ago into my chest. I grabbed them and flipped through the pages to find them just as I'd last seen them. His signature was nowhere on it.

“Baby?” Benji tilted my chin up to look at him as the tears rolled down my face.

“And you guys. I thought you were my friends. You lied to me. You knew where she was and then told me I was just seeing things but we'll talk about that later.” I could hear the rage in his voice as he spoke to his band mates.

“Mommy?” Jade asked tugging on the skirt of my dress. “What's going on?” Her bright green eyes shinning with curiosity and sadness. “Why aren't you and Daddy happy anymore?” I saw a look of pure shock on Zack's face as the little girl looked up at him.

“Come here.” Eliza said picking her up. I looked over to see Joel had stepped in front of DJ to separate him from Zack as Devin had done the same with Demi. I shoved past Zack and ran past everyone who's come to see what was supposed to be a beautiful moment of a man joining a family.

“Annie!” I heard Benji call and 2 people running after me. I shoved past the doors that led into the castle to which we'd rent for the marriage. One in the room where the reception was going to be held, upon seeing the decorations, I collapsed to the ground in a ball crying. I'd worked so hard for this day only to have in ruined in 5 seconds. “Baby.” Benji said sympathetically kneeling on the ground pulling me to him as I sobbed.

“Danni.” Zack said trying to catch his breathe.

“Zack, you've done enough damage for the day. Leave.” Benji growled still holding me close and rocking back and forth.

“No. I need to talk to her. Now.” There wasn't the slightest sound of regret in his voice as Jimmy and Matt walked in.

“Zack, let's go.” Matt said grabbing his arm. I heard the crack of a fist connecting with someone's nose. I started to pull myself together and saw Matt holding his bleeding face and Jimmy pinning Zack's arms behind his back.

“Let him go.” I said quietly, eyes closed, and tears still falling, just not a violently.

“Are you sure?” Jimmy asked through gritted teeth as he was fighting Zack to keep him pinned.

“Yes. Benji, go check on the kids.” I looked up at him still speaking softly.

“Devin and Joel have them, they are ok. I'm worried about you.” He said sternly.

“Please.” I sighed. I knew this day was going to come, I'd just hope it wouldn't be today.

“Alright.” Benji said pulling me up with him as he stood.

“Jimmy, go take care of Matt's nose. I need to talk to Zack alone.” I was still looking at the ground and speaking lowly. The guys walked out slowly, not wanting to leave me alone with Zack while he was angry.

“What in the hell were you thinking?!?!” Zack yelled nearing me once we were alone.

“I was doing what was best for everyone.” I backed away a little which only made him come closer. Soon my back was against the wall.

“And when were you going to tell me I had kids?” He yelled in my face. I tried to back further into the wall.

“Never.” I whispered looked up at him only to feel the back of his hand connect to left side of my face. I fell to the floor from the force before bringing a shaking hand to my lip. I felt the warm crimson liquid on my finger tips before looking to see if it was real. This couldn't be real. He of all people wouldn't hit me no matter how mad I made him. I looked up with fearful eyes just into to see a fist coming down. The force of it made everything blur.

“Whore.” I heard the word but it was like a voice from a long forgotten dream. 'Aaron's' I thought I slipped into a peaceful darkness where there was no pain.

“Danni! Danni! Wake up!” My shoulder was being shaken violently. “Jimmy! Grab some ice!” I knew the scared voice.

“Here man.“ I knew that was Jimmy, but the first voice was still a slight mystery to me.

“Baby. You have to wake. Come on. Jimmy call an ambulance!” I was pulled into a lap and a coldness applied to the back of my head as the first voice spoke again “Danni. Come on. Please wake up.” The first voice pleaded. “Please.” It sounded like he was starting to cry. My eyes fluttered open to see my 18 year old guardian angel holding me and crying. Those green eyes were clearly visible while everything else was blurry.

“Wha-?” I asked groggily noticing he was covered in blood as my vision cleared.

“Thank god!” He pulled me close to him making me cough. Everything seemed to happen in a matter of seconds as I regained consciousness.

“Let me go!” Aaron's voice filled the air as I saw him being dragged by cops out of the front door.

“Danni, are you ok? I'm Eric. I'm a paramedic. I'm going to help you.” A man said leaning over me and Zack. Before I really knew what was going on, I was in a hospital bed hooked up to machines and an IV. Zack was still by my side.

“What happened?” I asked once the room had stopped spinning. I looked at Zack who was still covered in blood. “Why are you covered in blood?” My mind was still foggy.

“Jimmy and I came over because we were going to leave for Los Vegas for New Years but when we got there we saw Aaron beating you. By the time we got in the house, you were passed out and he was locked in his room.” He said softly holding my left hand. I noticed his hands were covered in dry blood much like his clothes.

“Who's blood?” I asked still not quiet grasping what had happened.

“It's yours. I thought you were dead.” I saw the tears falling from his eyes.

“It felt so real.” I said softly closing my eyes and laying my head back. Zack looked at me confused as I opened my eyes. “I thought… Never mind…” I mumbled.

“Tell me.” He looked concerned.

“I guess it was a dream…” I shook my head softly. Everything around me was fuzzy.

“What was it about?” He pressed the subject.

“You asked me to marry you in Vegas… Then cheated on me… I left you… There was something about kids… And some guy with a bunch of tattoos and piercing… I was marrying him… Not you…” I tried to remember all of what seemed to just be an illusion but couldn't.

“Baby, I was going to ask you to marry me, but I would never cheat on you. You know that.” He kissed my forehead. “Everything will be fine. You will always have my heart and there isn't a thing in the world any other girl could offer me that you don't already have. You're going to my wife one day and I'm never letting you go.” He squeezed my hand. I was positive now it had all been just a trick of my mind used to block out the pain. Zack wasn't going anywhere and neither was I.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! <3 Syndi V