Status: Complete

His Girl Friday

Beat My Heart Black and Blue

Image

Saturday

"Jeeze you're in a foul mood."

"Shut up Sisky."

William had in fact been acting 'cranky' all morning and afternoon. He had talked to Molly on the phone the night before, but that hadn't been enough. William had become use to waking up next to Molly every Saturday morning. He had awoke alone that morning and he could feel his body craving Molly's body next to his. His long fingers were itching to play with her black hair. He could almost taste her strawberry cap stick, leaving his mouth dry.

"Common William, stop being a crank and answer my question."

"What question Mike?" William asked, annoyed.

"So which one of your girlfriends can I ask out?"

"Neither of them." William growled.

"So you are dating Molly too!" Sisky crowed.

"No." William snapped "Molly is my fuck buddy!"

William watched as the four members of his band's jaws dropped one after the other. It was like watching a shocked wave, but with jaws instead of arms.

"William-"

"I don't want to hear it." he sighed.

"Do they know about each other?"

William rolled his eyes "Molly knows about Maggie, but I haven't told Maggie anything."

"William you are going to break her heart." Mike answered, looking at William concerned.

"Who?"

"Who do you want to keep?" Sisky asked.

"Both."

"You can't keep both of them, without both of them knowing. You are going to have to choose before Maggie catches you and one of those girls will be heartbroken."

"Molly doesn't-"

"Don't try to tell us Molly doesn't feel that way. We see the way you too look at each other. She might not admit it, but Molly loves you just as much as you love her." Andy sighed.

William glared at his friends. "You don't know what you're talking about." he snapped, before standing up and walking out of the studio, the door slamming shut behind him.

-------------------------

Monday.

"Hello?" Molly asked with a smile as she answered her phone.

"Whatca up to?"

"Just got home from work."

"Any plans today."

Molly smiled into the phone "No, do you want to come over?"

"Open the door."

Molly frowned a little and walked to her front door and openned it as instructed. She was instantly attacked by another pair of lips, her phone falling from her hand and crashing on the carpet.

"William." she laughed, pulling back. "What are you doing?"

"I missed you." he answered, attacking her lips again.

"I missed you too." Molly smiled "Are you alright."

"Yeah." William sighed burying his face in her next.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." he answered sounding like a four year old who had been teased at school.

"Do you want to cuddle on the couch or go to my room?"

"Room."

"Then are you going to tell whats going on?"

William smiled and kissed her hard. "Deal."

------------------------------------------

"So?" Molly asked, her head resting on William's shoulder.

"So?" he mimicked kissing her forehead and playing with the ends of her curls.

"Why were you so upset, or did you really just miss me that much?"

William smiled "I did miss you that much. It was weird waking up on a Saturday without you there."

Molly smiled lightly "I felt the same way. I went looking for you in the kitchen before I remembered you weren't here."

William smirked a little, he had done the same thing. "Why are you always in the kitchen when you can't sleep?" he asked softly.

"Don't change the subject." she kissed his nose "Why besides missing oh so wonderful me were you so upset?"

"The guys found out about our arrangement." he answered with a sigh, not looking at her.

"Are we going to have a reversed conversation of when I was upset I had to tell Angie?"

"I didn't have to tell the guys I just kinda blurted it out."

Molly frowned "Just in the middle of a conversation?"

"No."

"Explain?"

William sighed "Mike was being an ass about asking you out again and Sisky claim that I was dating both you and Maggie. I got so frustrated I just sort of yelled that you were my fuck buddy."

Molly frowned, her eyebrows knitting together as she moved away from him "That is kind of a vulgar way to put it."

"I didn't mean it that way."

"I know you didn't" Molly sighed, and kissed his cheek.

"Your phone." William chuckled "It's like that thing is set to go off whenever we are in bed."

Molly laughed before picking her phone up "Andy." she told william quickly before answering with a hello.

"Hi gorgeous."

"What's up sweetie?"

"I was just wondering what time you wanted me to pick you up for your friend's concert Wednesday?"

"Pick me up?" Molly asked confused.

"Wasn't that second ticket for me?"

"Yeah." Molly lied 'But I thought you didn't like William."

"I feel bad for being an ass about him, so I figured I would give him and his music a chance."

"Alright." Molly answered not really knowing what else she could say "Pick me up about seven. okay?"

"Okay Love you babe."

"Bye."

Molly flopped back on to the bed and let out a long sigh.

"What?" William asked, snuggling into her neck, his arms wrapping around her waist.

"Andy is coming to your concert with me."

"He what now?"

------------------------------------

Wednesday

"You guys ready for one more song?" William called into the crowd.

He smiled at the sound of cheers that came back at him. He knew Molly was somewhere in the crowd but he hadn't been able to see her among the millions of faces.

"We have a new song for you guys tonight and it will be on the album we are currently recording. It's called 'His Girl Friday.'"

"If you knew what you do
When no one's in the dark room but me and you,
a brilliant disguise
It's the taste of the chase
I do confess, it's the mess that feels so right"

Molly could instantly feel a blush hit her face as William sang and was thankful for the dark the arena was.

"Come on a Monday,
come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for Wednesday,
play with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl."

Why hadn't he told her he had written a song about Them?

"Come on a Monday,
come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for Wednesday,
stay with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl
His girl Friday, his girl Friday, his girl Friday
His girl Friday, his girl Friday, his girl Friday"

"They are actually pretty good." Andy smiled leaning in so Molly could hear him.

She had to hold back a laugh, if only he knew where William had gotten the idea for this song.

"Just a kiss he won't miss
I know you're gonna miss this as long as you live
when you were mine
Bite your lip, pull me in,
it's not the sin
It's the mess that feels so right"

Come on a Monday,
come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for Wednesday,
play with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl

Come on a Monday,
come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for Wednesday,
stay with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl
His girl Friday, his girl Friday, his girl Friday
His girl Friday, his girl Friday, his girl Friday"

Molly loved watching the way William ran around stage, you could see and feel just how important his music was o him. It was like seeing another side of the coin that was William Beckett.

"If you knew what I knew
He'd thank God it's Friday
As I look on with you"

Even through the dark and the bright stage lights Molly could easily see William smirking as he sang the song.

"Come on a Monday,
come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for Wednesday,
play with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl

Come on a Monday,
come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for Wednesday,
stay with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl
His girl Friday, his girl Friday,
his girl Friday His girl Friday,
his girl Friday, his girl Friday
His girl Friday, his girl Friday,
his girl Friday His girl Friday,
his girl Friday, his girl Friday"

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen. We Love you!" William called into the crowd before running off stage.

Molly smiled as she showed a large bouncer her backstage pass. He looked at hers and Andy's passes before waving them through.

"Mol!"

Molly looked to see Mike waving at her like a crazy person. How could that kid not believe that she thought he was creepy?

"Hi Mike." she plastered a fake smile on her face and hugged him, before turning to Andy "Andy this is Mike, he is in William's band. Mike this is my boyfriend Andy."

Mike pouted "Nice to meet you man."

Andy looked a little confused by Mike "You too man."

"How did you like the show?"

"It was amazing." Molly smiled. "Where is William and the rest of the guys?"

"Green room."

"That's a drama term." Molly frowned.

"Drama does not own the term, Milly." Mike answered.

"It's Molly." Andy corrected him.

"Nickname." Mike answered, giving Molly a 'play along' look.

"Yeah." Molly answered slowly, "the guys call me it all the time."

"There you are." William smiled, appearing from behind a door a little ways down the hall.

The smile fell from Molly's lips as a red head girl followed William into the hall, their hands connected. This had to be Maggie. Molly turned her eyes away from the other girl's face and looked back at William. She couldn't help but be jealous of how beautiful Maggie was, there was no way William would ever choose Molly over her.

"Maggie this is Milly." William smiled.

So William was in on the nickname?

"Mil this is Maggie." he added.

Molly tilted her head a little and smiled, remembering that William had covered his ass by telling Maggie he had a dog that had died named Molly. That explained the strange new nickname.

"It's nice to finally meet you." Molly smiled hugging the other girl, as she put on a mask of innocence "William never stops talking about you."

Maggie smiled at Molly "I've heard nothing about you."

Molly glanced at William who shrugged.

"Let's meet the rest of the guys." Mike said suddenly hooking his one arm through Andy's and the other through Maggie's and dragged them into the green room before either could protest.

"She is being rude." Molly said softly after the door had closed.

William grabbed her hand quickly and pulled her down the hall. Molly's eyebrows knit together as they passed by the 'green room' Mike, Maggie and Andy had just vanished into.

"Where-" Molly stopped her sentence as William pulled open a door and dragged Molly inside with him, shutting it behind them.

The room was pitch black, and Molly's hands couldn't find a light switch. She held back a giggle as he felt, William's lips attach to her neck.

"William." she whispered "You can't put a hicky on my neck with Andy and Maggie just down the hall."

William let out a sigh, in the darkness in front of her. He rested his hand on her hips before pulling her close and kissing her lips "No closet quickie?" he asked.

"No." Molly laughed with a smirk and added "You wrote a song about us?"

She could feel William smile against her neck "Did you like it?"

"I loved it."

-------------------------------------------

"She is pretty." Maggie said softly looking at her feet in the car.

William glanced from the road for a second to look at Maggie, before once more returning his gaze to the street. "Who?"

"Milly."

"She said the same about you." he lied easily.

"Really?" Maggie asked surprised "I thought she didn't like me much."

"You were rude to her first." William pointed out as he pulled into the parking lot of Maggie's apartment complex.

"I was stating a fact." Maggie answered, crossing her arms.

William sighed "Still rude Maggie."

"Well how would you feel if I brought some random guy you had never heard of to meet you?" Maggie huffed.

William held back another sigh. "I told you I know Milly from Chicago." he answered, almost forgetting to use Molly's 'codename'.

"Whatever William." Maggie sighed "Are you going to come in?"

"I have to be at the studio early tomorrow babe."

"Whatever." she growled before getting out and slamming William's car door behind her.

William hit his head against the steering wheel. He just couldn't win with her anymore.

-------------------------------------------

Thursday

Molly smoothed out her dress and smiled. She had felt bad about the way she had been ditching Andy lately and wanted to make it up to him. In one hand she had a picnic basket and the other a bottle of wine. She dug around in her bag for a moment before producing the spare key Andy had given her for emergencies.

She unlocked the door an excited smile on her face. She paused in the entry way, closing the door quietly behind her. Molly frowned a little when she notice Andy wasn't in his office. She knew she had seen his car downstairs.

Molly walked to his bedroom door and had a knot hit her stomach, she had a feeling all of a sudden that she should just go home. She knitted her eyebrows together and opened the door, everything in her arms crashed to the ground.

-----------------------------------------

William looked up suddenly at the sound of frantic knocking on his door. e knitted his eyebrows together before getting up and opening it. What he saw nearly broke his heart.

There stood Molly in a dress and bare foot, her make-up streaked down her cheeks and the braid her hair had been pulled into, falling out. The tears that had made her make-up run, was still coming.

"Molly?" William asked shocked pulling her inside. "What happened?"

"Andy." she sobbed out.

"What did he do to you?" William growled, pulling Molly onto the couch with him.

"Angie told him everything." she sobbed into his shoulder.

"Did he break up with you?"

"No." Molly growled through the tears "I left his ass."

"What?" William asked confused, as he rubbed Molly's back, trying to calm her down.

"I saw them."

"Saw who doing what?"

"Angie and Andy." Molly sobbed "I was gonna surprise him and I showed up at his apartment and they were sleeping together."

"Holy shit."

"And I know I have no room to talk, but i didn't expect he would ever do that to me. When I caught them, Andy freaked out and said I was no better sleeping with you like a whore. He said the only reason he had wanted to make Fridays date night was to ruin our plans and to make sure I wouldn't catch him with Angie. The stupid bitch was smirking at me the whole time. I threw the bottle of wine at him and took off, I lost my flats running to my car."

"I'm so sorry sweet heart." William answered kissing the top of her head.

The boys had been right, Molly had gotten her heart broken because of him. Now that her and Andy weren't together anymore would Molly ant to be with him for real, instead of in this lie where they told each other it was just for the sex. He looked down at Molly's trying and shaking frame and he felt his heart snap.

Could he stand to make Maggie cry this way?
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessica made me a banner =D