I Don’t Know What Planet You’re On, but I Wanna Be on It With You

Chapter 3

***Sydney's POV***

I woke up the next morning to the sound of running water.

The first thing i noticed was I had a headache the size of a large elephant.

The second thing i noticed was i was only wearing my bra and underwear.

I sat up quickly, clutching the blanket to my chest. I looked around the room, trying to see if i could spot my dress. I heard the water turn off and i turned around, sitting on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands.

I heard footsteps and i looked up. Gerard was standing in the doorway, wearing only a towel slung lowly on his hips.

"Ahhh," he said quietly, crossing his arms across his bare chest, "Sleeping Beauty finally wakes up."

I nodded quietly, trying to think about what had happened last night as to explain why i was no longer clothed.

You slept with him.

I felt the air leave my lungs as that thought occurred to me. Of course that was it. That HAD to be it. I got drunk, and slept with him.

Shit.

I pushed back the blanket and saw Gerard's eyes travel up and down my body before meeting mine. He blushed.

I rested my head in my hands again, trying to remember something, anything, from the night before.

Argument with Lyn...meeting Gerard...buying liquor...drinking....then nothing.

I rested my arms on my bare legs and sighed loudly. "Can I ask you something?" I asked softly. Gerard raised one eyebrow at me.

"You just asked me a question, but sure, you can ask me another," he smirked. I glared at him.

"Did we....did we...you know, sleep together?" I asked, cringing as i stared at my hands. I heard Gerard sigh loudly.

"No," he replied, "We did not sleep together." I let out a sigh of relief.

"But you did almost kiss me."

I dug my fingernails into the top of my thigh in shock. Gerard noticed and crossed the room, pulling my hand from my leg. "Please dont do that," he mumbled. I nodded silently as Gerard sat beside me, still holding my hand.

"What happened?" I asked. Gerard looked at me, "What do you mean?"

I shot him a look and he nodded in understanding. "You were drunk, i bought you up here to try and sleep it off," he said, "I tucked you in, and you leant in to kiss me."

"And did i?" I asked, dreading the answer. Gerard smiled slightly.

"No, you didn't," he replied, "You barfed on me instead."

I felt my face flush a crimson red and he laughed. "Look, don't worry," he said, "It's not the first time i've been thrown up on, nor will it be the last."

I nodded silently, unsure of which was more embarassing - not being able to remember what happened, or what had actually occurred.

Gerard let go of my hand, a rush of cold air hitting my skin as his warm hand left mine. "Your dress should be dry," he mumbled, walking out of the room. He returned 5 minutes later fully dressed and with a ball of fabric in his hands. He threw my dress at the bed and I caught it, sliding it over my head.

"Are you ready to go home?" He asked. I thought about it for a minute before nodding, standing up and clutching my head in pain.

"Fucking alcohol," I hissed, finding my way over to the door. Gerard grabbed onto my arm and i smiled at him gratefully. We made our way downstairs and into his car, where i shut my eyes, trying to block out the blinding sunlight.

"Look, thanks again," I mumbled as Gerard stopped at a red light. He glanced at me and pulled out a ciggarette, lighting it up.

"No problem," he replied, exhaling ciggarette smoke into the air. We drove in silence until i leant forward, pointing to a small house.

"That's mine," I said. Gerard pulled up outside and i got out, thanking him again. He simply nodded, staring up at the house strangely.

I walked up the path, opening the front door silently. Lyn came from the lounge room and cried out. She ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry, Syd," she whispered into the crook of my neck as i clung onto her.

"I'm so freaking sorry."