Status: Ongoing (and hopefully finished by the end of today)

The Day I Went Crazy

Our friends' response

Our last period class was cancelled because that teacher was sick. As we waited outside for our parents, Becca and I relayed the story to our friends to find out what exactly was going on.

“You saw WHAT?” Erica asked.

“You heard WHAT?” Hannah asked.

“You got a WHAT?” Angel asked.

“The IM said WHAT?” Allison asked.

“Haha, that’s funny.” Nestor laughed.

I kicked him hard in the shin. “No, it not. I’m being freaking serious here, all right? Are you the one who sent that message?”

He rubbed his leg. “No! How could I, I don’t know Rebecca’s password! I mean, I know how to hack into computers, because I learned when I was eight, and I’m pretty good at—“’

I kicked him in the shin again, to get him to stop bragging.

“Ow! What was that for?”

“Did you send that message or did you not?”

“I didn’t. Gosh, even though I have Sociology with you, I left early and didn’t even stick around for passing period. How could I even have heard your guys’ conversation, much less typed it out word for word?”

I sighed. “I know. But that’s the thing, you know? The only people with laptops that have laptops that have both of those classes with us are Angel, Patricia, Becca, and me. Angel and Pat were in different parts of the room, so they couldn’t have heard us talk about it. And anyway, the only one who knows Becca’s Gmail password besides her is me!”

Our friends sat on the bench, silent and at a loss of what to say.

“Maybe you should go tell someone,” Vanessa suggested. “I mean, that’s just pretty… scary.”

At though on cue, my mom’s car drove up in the parking lot and honked.

“Yeah, no kidding,” Becca said as we gathered our stuff.
♠ ♠ ♠
The characters in the story (so far) are all real, but I changed their names (keeping only the first initial the same) except for my sister and I.