Status: active if you comment

Thinking of You

Adored?

The separate photoshoots were done, and the band and Andrew (and Lindsey) were sat discussing tracking for the new record.

"Oh," Andrew got out a piece of paper, "and I almost forgot... This is a letter from Reprise Records," he said trying to keep the smile off his face. "They're a branch of Warner brothers and they wanna sign you guys."

Gasps and "oh my god!"'s filled the room. Mikey, being the youngest of the band, seemed particularly excited at the prospect of being signed by Warner Brothers.

"Dude! We friggin rule!" Mikey chimed as they all exchanged hugs.

"So..." Andrew continued. "Drinks tonight, at The Tavern. On me." his offer was rewarded with cheers and pats on the backs.

--

"You know what I think is weird?" Frank said to his four bandmates as they sat in the Ways' kitchen, drinking coffee and smoking. "The fact Lindsey is always alone, or at least, only with Andrew. Like, is she not allowed friends? He drags her along to every practice, and if she's not there, he says she's at home. Come on, how many early-20 year old females stay at home all day every day?"

The rest of the band nodded in agreement. "I noticed that too," Ray said.

"Something's up with Andrew and Lindsey. That relationship weirds me out." Otter, (Matt), concluded.

Just then, Donna walked into the kitchen and - presumably on hearing Lindsey's name brought up - joined the conversation.

"Are you guys talkin’ about Gerard's Lindsey?" She smiled, excited. "She spent all weekend here, isn't she a doll? I seen all her bruises though, from her fiancé, she-"

"Mom!" Gerard yelled, eyes wide. "Don't you think you-"

"Wait, what?!" Frank almost soar out his tea. "Gerard..." he smirked, "I can't believe you, what the..."

"I knew it!" Ray slammed his hand on the table. "I knew it. So what... You're with her? She stayed here?!"

"How come you never told us?" Otter asked, eyes wide.

Gerard ran his hands through his hair and exhaled his cigarette. "Thanks mom." he said as Donna walked out of the room chuckling to herself. "Me and Lindsey... we're a thing, but..." he sighed. "It's complicated. She's terrified and doesn't know how to finish it with Andrew at the moment..."

"Wait..." Frank closed his eyes for a split second. "Bruises?" he looked at Gerard, shaking his head in disbelief. "You guys, I know that this sounds harsh but... When we get signed, I think we should just drop Andrew as a tour manager," he bit his pierced lip. "We can get a new one, right? I mean, it's Warner Brothers records, I'm sure they'll have the best people for the job anyway?"

Mikey perked up at the sound of 'Warner Brothers' again, still in disbelief.

"And then you can be with Lindsey and live happily ever after!" Otter joked, rubbing Gerard's head and scruffing up his hair.

"I think Frank, that's a great idea. Fuck this guy, we don't need him," Gerard nodded in a determined manner. The band nodded in agreement.

"It's settled then. We ditch management!" Ray chuckled.

"So..." Otter started, changing the subject "have you and her, y'know, got down to business?" he wolf-whistled at Gerard, raising his eyebrows.

Gerard shifted uncomfortably in his seat, laughing softly and looked down, all of a sudden finding his placemat very interesting.

"Is she good?!" Frank sniggered

"Well yea," Gerard cleared his throat, rubbing his neck. "But it's not like that..." he sighed. "I really love her,"

Everyone wolf-whistled and cheered, patting his head and nudging him playfully.

"Guys, guys!" he chuckled. "Please no one mention or hint anything tonight. For Lindsey's sake."

"I'm happy for ya, buddy. You really love her..." Ray smiled at his friend.

Gerard nodded. "I adore her..."