Status: active if you comment

Thinking of You

Comparisons are easily done

To her surprise, Andrew wasn’t a total douche bag when they got home. Lindsey nearly fell asleep in the car, completely exhausted from the stress and anxiety that he was causing her. She was also stressed because she knew Gerard was onto Andrew.

Gerard....

He was so wonderful, and as many near-enough perfect things she discovered about Gerard, the more she had to remind herself that nothing will not, and must not ever happen.

-

Lindsey awoke gently, the morning sunlight pouring in through their window and onto her face, she realized today was the day of the photo shoot. Part of her was dreading this, because she just knew Gerard had unasked questions that he would probably demand answers to.

She stretched softly, seeing she had one unread text.

From: Andrew
Left without u. Will have 2 cancel photo shoot b/c u slept 2 late. Y do u do this Lindsey?


Her stomach dropped and automatically she felt a pang in her heart. He’d known how excited she was for this. How could he? She texted back hastily, wanting to cry.

To: Andrew
Andrew this is not fair. You said I could...


She was just about to send it, before another text came through. This time from a number she didn’t recognize...

Lindsey it’s Gerard. When are you getting here? xoxo

Lindsey tried not to smile at the fact A) he’d texted her and B) the ‘xoxo’ at the end of the text. She quickly saved his number and decided to reply to that one first.

To: Gerard
Andrew just texted me and said because I slept late I can’t do it. I’m so upset :( xo

She fought back the tears, checking her phone clock and seeing the time was merely 11:30am. The shoot was going to be taken place at around mid day and Andrew had only just left. It wasn’t fair, Lindsey doubted that he even intended to let her photo shoot them in the first place now.

From: Gerard
But you aren’t due to be here for another hour. What’s your address? I’ll come pick you up. That isn’t fair. xoxo

Lindsey breathed deeply, knowing that if she turned up at the studio, there would definitely be consequences. She couldn’t... could she?

To: Gerard
I can’t... I’m sorry Gerard... Andrew said I can’t...

But she wanted to...

Less than fifteen seconds later, Gerard replied with a simple two word text that spoke more to her than anything else. It made her think, it made her want to take risks...;

From: Gerard
Trust me.

She bit her lip and texted back her address. She must have been crazy, but for the first time in a long time, she felt carefree. She rushed into her bathroom and wanted to make a real effort to look nice, before she stopped and looked at herself confused.

Was she... falling for Gerard?

She blinked hard and continued to do her makeup, dabbing red lipstick over her soft lips, and painting her pretty brown eyes with black liquid eyeliner, before throwing on a white Siouxsie t-shirt and a black pair of jeans with ankle boots.

She nervously locked her apartment door and walked down the steps, grabbing her Nikon D700 as she went. She bit her lip and sat on the low brick wall at the bottom of their building, overlooking the main road, swinging her legs nervously - unsure of what Gerard’s car looked like.

Suddenly, a bright red MINI swerved into the apartment car park, and she blushed softly as she recognized the figure driving the car, walking forwards nervously, the fear of what Andrew would say... or do... still in the back of her mind.

She opened the door nervously and smiled - unable to help herself blushing - as he winked at her.

“Hey sugar!” he grinned.

“Hi...” she whispered, doing up her seat belt. “I’m really scared of what Andrew will say when he sees me turn up at the studio...” she bit her lip.

“Which is why we’re not going to the studio.” he grinned, starting the car and driving out of the apartment parking lot.

“Wha-”

“We’re not going to the studio.” Gerard repeated, grinning a little wider so his tiny teeth were on show.

“Andrew’s gunna kill me...” Lindsey whispered, fretting.

Gerard looked over at her and sighed, a certain knowingness in his eyes, wondering if he should just get it out and ask her.

“Linds... does Andrew hurt you?” he whispered, delicately.

Lindsey could hardly believe it. Gerard was near enough a stranger and here he was asking some of her most intimate secrets just straight up. There was something strangely comforting about him though... something she couldn’t quite put her finger on but definitely something that made her feel safe.

She shrugged softly, deciding it best if she not say a word, and stared out the window - focusing on the Jersey skyline which passed them by.

“Lindsey.” Gerard pushed softly. “I care about you, tell me...” he whispered, trying so hard not to seem nosey or rude.

She shrugged yet again. “I drive him to it, I’m a horrible person most of the time.” she said in Andrew’s defense.

Gerard stopped the car as they approached a stop sign, and looked at her confused.

“No you’re not.” he glared.

Lindsey glared at him back, all of a sudden pissed off that he’d had the nerve to speak as if he knew her well enough to judge.

“You don’t know me.” she whispered.

Gerard shrugged. “I know you well enough to know you’re being bullied by your boyfriend.”

Lindsey laughed, shaking her head. “I love him.”

Gerard groaned under his breath. “You could do so much better...” he said quietly. “Any guy would be lucky to have you.” he sounded almost frustrated.

Lindsey just shrugged again, before reaching forward and turning the CD player on, much to her surprise - The Cure - was playing. She looked at him with wide eyes and nearly choked on her breath.

“You like The Cure?!” she gasped, her eyes still wide.

There was that fucking grin of his again...

“I love The Cure.”

“Me too!” she smiled, her eyes sparkling, and for the first time Gerard saw her genuinely happy. “Robert Smith was like a God to me growing up.” she giggled. “Andrew doesn’t let me play them ‘cuz he hates them, though...” she bit her lip, her smile fading momentarily.

“Well, Andrew isn’t here right now.” Gerard grinned, reaching forwards and turning the volume up as Lindsey giggled and they both started singing along to The Cure songs, driving down the highway.

Lindsey was like a book, and he was about to read more and more of her as the day went on, and as her guard slowly came down.