Status: active if you comment

Thinking of You

A taste of perfection

Lindsey awoke the next morning and immediately reached for her phone. She had fallen asleep last night texting with Gerard for hours. They both now had a mutual understanding of each other’s feelings; they both had admitted to having crushes on each other, and had opened up on a level which they hadn’t before - all through texts, but still. Gerard had also said that one day, they would be together. She had blushed and heavy sighed, and ultimately doubted him because of her ever controlling boyfriend who was going to be hard to get rid of, but Gerard persisted, replying to her with an “You’ll see.”

Lindsey looked at the clock and saw the time was approaching mid day. Two unopened texts. One from Gerard, one from Andrew. Lindsey immediately felt sick to her stomach when she read his name. She decided to open Gerard’s text first.

From: Gerard
Hey sugar. Guess you fell asleep last night. You coming to the studio today? Andrew’s already here but I wanna see you :( xoxo


She felt herself smile and texted back. Andrew was already at the studio though... How would she get away with showing up after what had happened last night? She checked her phone.

From: Andrew
At studio.


Well that was descriptive’ Lindsey thought sarcastically.

After her and Gerard’s constant texting the night before, she had to see him today, oddly enough; she missed his presence. She thought about an excuse to tell Andrew, before rushing back to her phone and texting.

To: Andrew
Hey baby. Can I come to the studio? I’m sorry for the way I behaved last night. I should treat you better. xo


She visibly cringed as she texted the sweet words, wanting to vomit but knowing that feeding his ego was the only way to win him over and thus allow her to go to the studio. As she expected, less than ten minutes later she received a reply.

From: Andrew
Ur right. U need 2 treat me better. Yes u can come 2 the studio. I miss u. Xx


Again, she cringed, before she rushed into the bathroom, grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans, a white vest top and a pair of ankle boots. She did her makeup in the mirror, wanting to look nice, not for her boyfriend, but the singer she’d befriended and was falling desperately in love with.

--

Lindsey walked through the hallways, knowing what room they’d be in, and closed the door behind her. She expected to see the full band and Andrew, amongst a few producers and engineers, but instead - to her pleasant surprise - saw Gerard sitting alone, writing.

His eyes shone happily when he saw who had disturbed him, and he got up from his seat - his shaggy, shoulder-length black hair tousling as he moved. His small teeth showing as he smiled wide at her.

She looked delicious, and he moved towards her, grinning seductively as he reached behind her to lock the door.

She looked into his eyes innocently, her big eyes widening as he pressed her against the wall of the room softly.

“Hey sugar.” he purred down at her, in his Jersey drawl.

“Hi.” she whispered shyly, nearly drowning in his pretty hazel eyes.

His eyes locked with hers, and his face displayed some sort of loving weakness as he looked at her, his gaze falling to her bright red lips after a few seconds. His face was getting closer, she had moved her arms to encircle his neck, feeling so safe and excited, knowing they had to sneak around.

“I wanna kiss you so bad.” he whispered, bringing his lips down to dance across her porcelain cheek, and down to her neck, barely grazing on her soft skin as she closed her eyes.

She let out a quiet moan, parting her lips as he bit down on her skin sensually.

“Gerard!” she giggled, surprised at his sudden erotic behavior.

“What?” he pulled away - his eyes glazed over with what she assumed was lust. “I’m sorry sugar.” he whispered. “I just, y’know, I like you.” he blushed.

Lindsey smiled up at him, her nerves temporarily seeming to evaporate as she moved her hands to cup his face, feeling the softness of his skin, feeling his artistic hands wander down to her waist, holding her securely. She brought his face closer, twirling her finger around a strand of his hair, and was about to join their lips; they could feel each other’s anticipating breath.

“Gerard?!” came a loud knock from the other side of the oak wood door.

Lindsey nearly jumped a mile, recognizing the voice as Andrew’s, she pushed Gerard away and shot him a look.

“Yeah, I’ll be right out! Give me like ten minutes.” Gerard called as Andrew walked off. He hadn’t even got to kiss Lindsey yet, and the build up had pretty much given him a boner.

Lindsey giggled silently at Gerard, and walked over to the table where he had been writing. She picked up the piece of lined paper, and turned her head to him.

“Can I read this?” she asked, her voice soft.

Gerard just nodded, and she turned her head back around. He walked over to her, and wrapped his arms around her, resting his head on her shoulder and kissed her cheek softly.

She giggled gently, feeling totally in love, and read the words scribbled messily onto the page.

I’d say to you we could take to the highway, with this trunk of ammunition too. I’d end my days with you in a hail of bullets. I’m trying, I’m trying, to let you know just how much you mean to me, and after all the things we put each other through. And I would drive on to the end with you, a liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full, and I feel like there’s nothing left to do, but prove myself to you and we’ll keep it running

And at that moment, that’s when Lindsey decided she was in love with Gerard.

“What do you think? You want me to sing it for you?” she could hear him smiling against her cheek.

She nodded gently, and closed her eyes as he sang beautifully into her ear. His rugged, charming voice so soft. The words had spoke to her, it was almost as if they had been aimed at her, and she turned around in his embrace, smiling up into his eyes.

“It’s beautiful!” she gushed.

You’re beautiful!” he smirked at her, bringing one of her hands up and laced his fingers through hers as she blushed softly.

“We should go...” Lindsey whispered, his face close to hers.

“Why?” he pouted. “I haven’t kissed you yet.”

She giggled as he brought both hands and wrapped them around her waist securely, as if he wasn’t letting her get away, and this only made her laugh more.

Then again, knocking on the door interrupted.

“G, bro, come on!” Andrew yelled. Oh shit, he had returned. “Who’s in there with you?”