The Dark Blooded (A Vampire Love Story)

Birthday parties and what not.

Saturday January 1st 2010

It was past 2 am and my oh so wonderful friends had left me standing outside California’s top club. You could easily hear the loud R&B music playing inside the club and cheers of the totally wasted teenagers coming from inside.

I looked across the pavement hoping a cab would pass by but unfortunately my luck was dry today. I would have gone back home with one of my friends is I wasn’t grounded for what I had done at school one day back.

I was sure by now that every kid that went to my high school knew of what had happened before lunch time on Friday morning.

Liam, the biggest douche on earth had tried to embarrass me during lunch by shouting not so very pleasant things across the cafeteria about how I looked in the changing room when he had “accidentally” barged in thinking it was the boys changing room and saw me in my Friday underwear.

Who the hell forgets where the boys changing room is after going to the same school for 4 years?!

So in revenge to his description of what I had looked like, I had marched over to him, pulled off the high heels of the whore who sat next to him and through the heel right at his face, poking him right above his eyebrow.

I was sure I could also see a shoe print on his cheek for the rest of that day.

But that wasn’t it. Maria, my completely insane friend has suggested we spray paint not so kind words on his black mustang.

Let’s just say that he, my principle and parents had not liked that idea very much.

And today was Maria’s 18th birthday which she celebrated with New Year every year.

My parents had only allowed me to come because today morning Maria was standing on my porch saying psychopathic things to my mum who then unhappily agreed that she would let me go but my curfew was midnight.

If only my mum could realize I was freaking 17 almost 18 and never followed the rules.

And this was exactly why I stood outside on an almost abandoned road, hoping I could get a lift home.

Just as I had begged God silently, a very familiar black mustang which had swear words painted on the back, stopped in front of me. The window of the driver’s side rolled down and the world’s biggest ass hole stuck his head out.

I caught the sight of a white bandage near his eyebrow where the heel I through at him had pierced a dent and held my giggle.

“What the heck you doing on the road at this time?”

To my annoying begs requesting for Liam not to be invited at the party, Maria had ignored and here he was sounding almost concerned after I had made a fool out of him only a day back.

“None of your business.” I turned on me heel away from him, my back to his car.

I quickly regretted doing so as I heard Liam throw a perverted remark. “I quite like this view.” I could hear the smirk in his voice and re-thought to why I had chosen to wear a skin tight black dress which clearly provoked my curves more then necessary.

“Get lost Liam.” I hissed without turning around.

“You sure you don’t need a ride home?” He asked ignoring my rude plead.

I had no Idea why Liam was being so nice and offering me help though it was not the first time I had seen him this way.

He was a kind person and I was aware of that. But when it came to me, his kindness drained out.

Hate had been created between us since the first day we met. The first day at high school, freshmen year.

Even though Liam was still a young boy back then, he still had killer looks and thought he could get any girl but when he tried to hit on me I completely ignored him and just to prove to everyone that I was faking an act not to be even slightly attracted to him, he kissed me, hoping I would kiss back but instead I spat right on his face and since then we have hated each other.

“No Liam, I don’t. Go home.” I spoke my last words to him for that night.

I heard him step on the accelerator and speed of in his mustang just before I could catch the sight of what every girl in my school drooled over.

I walked off the pavement and crossed the road walking a few blocks and stopped on the main road which was similarly abandoned to the previous road I was standing on.

What was I thinking? No cab would pass by at 2.30 am on this road.

I sighed starting my walk to the nearest bus station which I was sure would take at least 30 minutes to get to.

I passed by familiar buildings which I would see once every two weeks when Maria would drag me clubbing.

I was sure her boyfriend lived in one of the buildings I just couldn’t guarantee if he was an ex or not.

Knowing Maria she would have dumped him on their second date.

Right as I was crossing the road to get to the opposite side where the bus station could almost be seen I heard a plead come from behind me.

I turned around and saw an average sized kindergarten building and wondered who would be there at this time.

I ignored the voice and continued walking but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a cry of a female and then a muffled scream. I was suddenly aware that something was not right.

What if someone was being rapped there?

Not thinking twice I turned around walking towards the kindergarten. I wasn’t going to risk the chance to have a women abused when I have the chance to stop it.

When I stood in front I couldn’t see but as soon as I turned to the corner I had already taken off both my 4 inch heels and got ready to attack the figure who had a women dressed in a business suit, pined against the wall doing something to her neck which I could not make out.

“Oi, bastard! Get off her; I’ve called the cops start running now before you get caught.” I silently prayed he would buy my lie and as soon as the figure came to a halt from whatever he was doing a grin made its way onto my face as I thought I had caught him off guard.

I saw the women release out the figures grip and slide down the wall but when I saw blood soaking her white buttoned shirt something in my mind snapped.

This person wasn’t a rapist but instead a serial killer.

When my eyes moved off the women and looked towards the figure I noticed him stand in the same position and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I still held my heel tightly in position, incase he tried anything

Yes I had a slight obsession with hitting people with high heeled shoes, but can you really blame me?

What if this person waited for the cops to come then I’d be in big trouble.

I hadn’t called the cops. “You better run unless you want to be caught.”

I cursed in my mind thinking who the hell says that to a killer but at that moment I had lost my senses as I was scared, seeing blood did that to me.

When the figure still didn’t move, I opened my clutch slowly and dug for my cell phone to actually call the cops but as soon as I pressed the two tops of my clutch together there was a soft ‘click’ and the figure was right in front of me and I was thrown against the wall where the women lay, sobbing.

I dropped my phone in sudden shock but I quickly reacted, flinging my first heel at the figure, which was easily caught. I hissed throwing the other one which was dodged

I never missed my target. Damn this person was good.

I tried standing up, avoiding the pain in my back, caused when I was smacked against the wall.

But then I heard the women say something. I didn’t quite catch it as she was sobbing heavily and looked completely torn apart.

“Run.” I whispered to her hoping she would hear.

And she did. She looked up to me and I nodded.

I could get out of this easily plus her life mattered more then mine. She would have kids and a husband home while I had nothing to look forward to everyday.

I was not afraid of dying but I had a gut feeling that I would make it out this situation alive.

The women slowly gathered the courage and stood up.

I through my final weapon at the figure; my clutch and the women took the signal and sped off.

The figure didn’t get the time to react as they caught the clutch, shoved me against the wall but before they could to turn around to chase the women I tried to kick the back of them but in result they ignored the women and pushed me down.

I looked up at the face of a figure and gasped.

I realized it was a guy. Pale cream skin and dark red lips, his eyes hid behind his dark layered hair.

How could someone so beautiful be a killer?

I gasped in surprise realizing how strong he was. When I kicked him it stung my leg more then it hurt him.

But as soon as I was about to say something rude he opened his mouth.

Two sharp objects shone from the corner of his mouth.

Fangs and I burst out laughing on the face of a killer.