Status: Re-writing.

My Best Friends Brother

You Can’t Take Back What You’ve Thrown Away

Ashley
“I hate you, you know that right?” Rose said. I shrugged but she didn’t see because she closed her eyes.

“Are you tired?” I asked her. Rose nodded her head.
“I haven’t been sleeping very well. Please don’t tell the others though. I don’t want them worrying about me.” I sighed.
“Fine. But I’m sleeping with you. Maybe it will help.”

When I was getting into her bed she just stared at me. I seriously wonder if she still likes me. Even after all the shit that happened. Once I was in the bed, I did a natural thing for when I am sharing a bed; I pulled Rose close to me and closed my eyes. Once I knew she was asleep I opened my eyes and just watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful and carefree when she was asleep. She really looked twenty and not like, twenty-five like her and Andy can do.

I woke up to and elbow to the chest from Rose. I’d had the weirdest dream where we were at our wedding and all this stuff. Rose looked beautiful as ever. I know that I told her that I don’t have any feelings for her and I know that screwing those groupies every night hurt her (I would sometimes hear her and Andy’s conversations) but when we got here and I saw her when we got here and the dream just brought everything back. I was only screwing the girls because I was trying to fill that hole that was left in my heart. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Rose yelling at Liz.

“What time is it?” I asked.
“About five in the afternoon.” Andy said. Holy shit.
“I was not expecting to sleep that long.”

“Well I’m hungry, can we get some food?” Liz asked.
“Sure, let me fix my hair and stuff so I don’t look like shit. Where do you want to go?” Rose asked.
“We should go somewhere where we can sit down and catch up.”
“Okay, well let’s see what everyone else thinks.” Rose got out of the bed and headed to the bathroom. I almost held her back because I knew things were about to get awkward between Andy, Liz, and I.

“Okay, Ashley, we know you like her.” Liz said.
“And…?” I asked.
“Why don’t you two just get together?” Andy asked.
“Because…Of reasons.” I looked at my hands and Liz sighed.
“Fine,” Liz said. Then the two of them left the room. Rose returned not that long after.

“Where did Liz and Andy go?” Rose asked.
“They went back downstairs.” I said just looking at my hands.
“Hey, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing, I’m just thinking.”
“Well, what are you thinking about?”
“The things that have happened in the course of about, a year.”
“Oh.” Rose said sitting on her bead. We just stared at each other and I sat there wondering why the hell I was so stupid to let her go like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah. I got writers block on this one..
Buuut, thank you for reading and subscribing. c: