Status: Re-writing.

My Best Friends Brother

We're Never Gonna Be The Same

Ashley

I was taking my clothes out of my suitcase and Andy came up and knocked on the door.

“What?” I asked him.
“We are going to leave soon.” He said.
“Okay.” I just kept putting clothes away and he just stood there. “Anything else?”
“I want to talk to you about Rose.”
“I already told you that we aren't getting together.”
“Why?”
“Because, there are things that are making it to where we can’t get together.”
“What things?” I was really starting to get annoyed with Andy.
“Personal things,” I said to him. I almost angrily threw my clothes in the drawer. Andy came over and pulled me to the bed to sit down.
“Dude, you can tell me anything.”
“I know, but this is something I would like to keep to myself.”
“Okay, but one last question before I leave.”
“What?”
“Did you and Rose ever date? And don’t bull shit me.” Andy said, staring at me intensely. I sighed.
“Yes, we did date. Now there’s your answer and if you don’t mind, I would like to get back to unpacking.”

I got up and pushed Andy out of the room and then returned back to unpacking. I heard a knock on the door and a “hey.” I didn't even need to turn to know who it was, her voice always had me mesmerized. I just looked at her and returned back to packing. She then cleared her throat.
“We are going to Chipotle.” Rose said. I just nodded and she quickly disappeared down the stairs.

A few minutes later Liz and Rose walked past the door but I just continued to put things into the drawers. Once finished, I laid on the bed and just thought. What would happen if we got back together? Would things be better or would they be worse? And what would the others think? I know Andy would be fine with it. He supports everything she does, like their parents.

I heard someone leave Liz’s room and figured it was Rose since I heard another door close further down the hall and Liz soon walked down the stairs. I went back to my thinking. I thought about my dream more. I love that dream and I don’t want to forget it. Maybe one day it will actually happen. I heard a knock on my door and opened my eyes to see Lilly at my door.

“We are about to leave.” She said. I nodded and got out of the bed to put on my shoes, Lilly giggled.
“What?” I asked her. She just giggled and pointed to my crotch area. I looked down and groaned at the buldge in my pants. “You can leave now.”

Lilly giggled again and left, probably to tell Rose that it was time to leave. How the hell was I going to make this unnoticeable? Ah, who gives a fuck? This is me on a daily basis. I left the room and headed downstairs. I headed in the car with the guys and Rose got in the other car with the girls, like normal.

We got to the restaurant and sat down and started talking and catching up. It was really mostly talking about tour and things. We were going with the girls to see them play in their next gig, but it involved us traveling. The girls got us some wine.

The waitress came over and oh god, she had some big tits, and they were hanging out. How the hell was I not supposed to stare? I heard movement next to me and looked away to see Rose getting up.
“Rose,” I called to her while I was getting up. Lilly pushed me back.
“Let me go talk to her.” She said. I almost said no but just let it go and nodded.

I sat back at the table and sighed. Everyone was looking at me weirdly but I just stayed quiet. I fucked things up, again. I really just want to go home now. The food soon arrived and Rose and Lilly finally came out of the bathroom.

Rose sat down just started eating her food. I couldn't stop looking at her, it looked like she was about to start balling her eyes out. I wanted to do something to make her feel better. Anything. I had come up with a plan but I didn't know if it would work. Rose’s arm was under the table while she ate so I decided to try and hold her hand to comfort her. I breathed slowly. Please work, I thought to myself.

Slowly I reached for Rose’s hand. This caused her to jerk her hand away and slam it really hard against the table; I thought I heard a crack too. Rose looked at me with wide eyes and looked at her hand.
“Fuck that hurt.” Rose said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took a while. I've been busy with school and the stress of moving and/or not moving. Though I'm pretty sure I am since my parents are going to Iowa for three days to look at houses. Iowa is the place that my dad got a job at. I'll try to update more.

Thank you for reading and subscribing. <3