Status: Re-writing.

My Best Friends Brother

I Struck the Glass and Broke the Bones inside my Fist

Rose’s POV
Ash staring at the waitresses breasts set me over the edge. I just couldn’t take the hurt feeling that I got from the situation. So I ran away from it. The bathroom seemed like a safe place to go to. I ran into the last stall, locked the door, and fell to the floor. How was I supposed to get over him if things like this make me run? I heard the door open and I tried to quiet my sobs.

“Rose? Are you really going to make this difficult?” Lilly asked. She went to the stall door I was in and tried to open the door. She knew me too well. I let out a sob and unlocked the door. “Rose…”
“Why the hell does he do this to me? Why can’t he just leave my feelings alone?” I cried. Lilly sat on the floor with me and wrapped her arm around me.
“I don’t know dear.” She told me. It was amazing how I didn’t even have to say his name and she knew who I was talking about. “Maybe he doesn’t mean to do it. Do you want me to talk to him?”
“Maybe you’re right. No, I need to talk to him on my own. I need to do this.”
“Okay, let’s head back; the food is probably there by now.”
I nodded my head and she helped me up. I wiped my eyes and hugged her.
“Thank you.” I said.
“You’re welcome. I always knew you and Ash had a thing going on. I figured it out when you were wearing his shirt.”

I blushed and we headed back to the table. I sat back in my seat and just ignored everyone and just ate. I kept scolding myself for being so stupid. I need to act happy so no one knew how I really felt. I was about to set my feelings aside and fake a smile when a hand was placed on mine underneath the table, the side that Ashley was on. I pulled my hand back really fast and it ended up slamming really hard against the table. I stared at Ashley for a second then moved my eyes to my hand.
“Fuck that hurt.”
Everyone at the table sighed and Ashley looked worried as shit. Being accident prone sucked sometimes. Thank god I was already done eating. I sighed myself.

“I just want to go home.” I said
“I’ll take you home.” Lilly responded.
“I’ll come with you,” Chrissy Liz, and Miranda said in unison.
“What are we supposed to do?” Jake asked.
“Head back to the house for a little bit.” Chrissy sarcastically said.
“I mean like who’s paying?” Jake asked, getting annoyed.
“We were hoping that you guys could pay for it.” Miranda mumbled. The guys sighed. Lilly pulled me by my other hand and the girls ran out with us.
“You guys are paying next time!” I heard Jinxx call. The other girls laughed.

“We are taking you to the hospital.” Lilly announced once we were in the car. I nodded in response.
“We wouldn’t want to miss the show on Thursday, would we?” Chrissy asked.
“Hell no. They better put me in a cast or something quick or I’m going to be pissed.” I laughed.

All of the sudden it got quiet in the car. I looked at my hand and sighed. I tried to stretch it out but I just ended up wincing at the pain.

“Why did you jerk away from underneath the table?” Liz asked. I sighed again, I knew this would happen.
“Ashley tried to hold my hand.” I explained. I’d decided that I’d tell them that I had a crush on him and not that we had dated before.
“You two used to have something going on, didn’t you?” Chrissy asked.
“No.” I replied looking straight ahead. “I like him but it just wouldn’t work out.”

We got to the hospital and the lady looked at us funny. She must have thought one of us was dying by how we rushed in. It took a little to convince her to get my hand checked out, but somehow we did. I think she just got tired of us. She angrily handed me a clipboard and I thanked her profusely. Once the clipboard was filled out it didn’t take long to be called. I told everyone to stay where they were and followed the nurse.

The nurse left and a doctor came into the room. He asked me what happened and I told him. He then told me to follow him to the x-ray room. When my hand was x-rayed I was sent back to the waiting room. Andy and Ashley were also in the waiting room when I returned. I sat back in the chair and waited to be called again. Ashley came over and sat next to me.
“I’m sorry about what happened.” Ashley said.
“Don’t,” I said. “Don’t apologize. I need to stay focused and the only thing I am worried about is getting my hand bandaged.”

~~~

I was soon called again and this time I brought Andy, Ashley, and Lilly with me. It ended with the doctor telling us me that I fractured two knuckles and I would have to wear a cast for a month or two.

“What color would you like the cast to be?” The doctor asked.
“Black,” Lilly and I said at the same time. We both laughed at this.

It took about an hour to put the cast on. Ash held my hand the whole time because it actually hurt to put the cast on. It was soon over and we were able to leave. Andy and Liz rode home together since they brought a separate car and Ashley somehow convinced me to go with him and everyone else. Once we go in the car there was another awkward silence. The only sound was the radio.

“You know what I want?” Lilly questioned, breaking the silence.
“What?” Ashley asked.
“I really want ice cream and not ice cream from the store. I want ice cream from Rita’s!”
“That sounds like a perfect idea!” I exclaimed.
“Can we go?!”
“Fine,” Ashley sighed. Chrissy, Lilly, Miranda, and I cheered. Ash took the turn towards Rita’s and we all started talking again.

We got home at about ten and everyone dove into their ice cream. We just sat around watching random shows. We ended up finding a silver Sharpie and everyone signed my cast. Ashley’s note was my favorite. He wrote; “Rose, sorry for making you slam your hand. I cannot wait to see you perform. XO Ash.”

Everyone son went up to their rooms till it was just Andy, Ashley, Liz, and I. We were still watching random shows and I soon fell asleep on Ashley’s shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's taken me a while to update. I moved to Iowa a bit ago and I've been busy with school and stuff. But this is kind of a long chapter and I hope you guys like it.

Thank you for reading and subscribing.